Profile for Mr. Peter J. Jordan > Reviews

Content by Mr. Peter J. J...

Mr. Peter J. Jordan "Peter J" (London UK)

Fireangel SO-601 Toast Proof Optical Smoke Alarm
Fireangel SO-601 Toast Proof Optical Smoke Alarm

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Sep 2014
Everyone should have one.

Pure Wood Shaving Razor / Cut Throat Razors / Shavette Razor (coolcut) + Free Blades & Pouch (Wood-r5)
Offered by Sanguine Scissors Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Top razor, well made., 29 July 2014
I was most impressed by this razor. It's a very well made bit of kit. A bit tricky getting the blade in but once in you hardly see it, snug fit and pro looking. I shape my beard with this razor and it's brilliant. Obviously you have to be careful not to nick yourself, just take your time. Strange but ingenious use of double edge razors that you snap in half whilst in their sleeve to use with this razor but it simply works fine. Top tip before use. Rub the wooden handle with olive oil using kitchen towel a couple of times. You won't get any water drying marks that way and it stays looking new.

Triline Leather Camera Case Bag +Strap for Canon Powershot G15 G16 / Coffee
Triline Leather Camera Case Bag +Strap for Canon Powershot G15 G16 / Coffee

5.0 out of 5 stars True value for money., 25 Nov 2013
This fits the G15/16 Canons. It's PU leather but I can't tell the difference. It fits perfectly and protects the camera. It looks very stylish and retro. It's a real bargain for the £20 it cost me.

Canon Powershot G16 ( 12.1 MP,5 x Optical Zoom,3 -inch LCD )
Canon Powershot G16 ( 12.1 MP,5 x Optical Zoom,3 -inch LCD )
Offered by Rodgers Enterprise

2.0 out of 5 stars Bring back the flip out screen Canon!, 25 Nov 2013
I have had 2 Canon G series cameras before buying the G16. The G12 was, for me, the best model as it had the flip out screen on the back. You can compose pictures from angles that you would have to guess at with the G16, which doesn't have the flip out screen. For street photography it's a must, giving you confidence and discretion to take some great pictures with getting noticed to much or challenged by anyone. Canon has let themselves down omitting the flip out screen on the later models, they really have. I know it slims down the camera by not having it but I don't mind having it slightly bulkier. I'd rather have the option to take nicer pictures than have a slimmer camera.
The G16 has better sensitivity at high ISO but to be honest most of what I do is at the lower end and again the G12 is good enough to produce more than enough quality for what I need. I thought the G16 was going to be outstanding quality but, although it's good, it's not mind blowing which is what I expected. The G16 also has 9fps which is phenomenal for a compact camera, truly outstanding with no buffer. You can press the button and fill the card. It also does one shot but there is nothing in between. It's either one shot or 9fps. It would nice to something in the middle.
So 2 stars it is, mainly for doing away with the flip out screen.
Comment Comments (29) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2014 6:09 AM BST

Coleman Exponent Feather 442 Peak One Stove
Coleman Exponent Feather 442 Peak One Stove

4.0 out of 5 stars Using Petrol, 12 Aug 2009
I have used this stove a couple of times only. I fill it with petrol which is cheap and easy to get hold of, this is why i bought it. I found it left soot on my pots. The last time i filled it i put some Redex in it which almost stopped the soot altogether apart from a few jets. Once i get the petrol to Redex mix right this will be a cheap clean stove to run.