Profile for dumbo > Reviews

Why Vote Leave
Why Vote Leave
by Daniel Hannan

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Out While the Getting is Good, 14 May 2016
This review is from: Why Vote Leave (Hardcover)
This is a superb book if you want to know why we should leave the EU and have arguments to hand for those deluded people who feel we should REMAIN. Mr Hannan has been an MEP since 1999 and knows it from inside out. His thesis is based on this sound experience. He is willing to be put out of his MEP job after all those years of viewing the corruption, forceful lobbying (there are 25,000 lobbyists in Brussels with pharmaceuticals certainly not the weakest), Euro-Corporatism (how the Volkswagen scandal developed), deals for jobs ( e. g., getting Mr Schulz voted in as President of the Parliament in exchange for his supporting J. C. Juncker for President of the Commission). The book also explains how the European Parliament is such a weak body, how the UK truly lacks influence (and we have seen that in how Mr Cameron returned from his talks with virtually none of the reasonable reforms he wanted). It includes verifiable data on trade, on the organisations pushing for staying IN receiving grants and subsidies. I have read other books on the In/Out but this is the clearest, most succinct, convincing, cogent and thorough. I can not recommend it highly enough.

The In/Out Question
The In/Out Question
by Hugo Dixon

2.0 out of 5 stars Biased, 13 April 2016
This review is from: The In/Out Question (Paperback)
This book is SO unbalanced it belies its title. I therefore offer as antidote the reading of Daniel Hannan's VOTE LEAVE

Jake Bugg
Jake Bugg

3.0 out of 5 stars Singles better value than album, 12 April 2015
This review is from: Jake Bugg (Audio CD)
Love the tracks released as singles, bit disappointed in the others - not so powerful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2015 9:40 AM BST

Little House on the Prairie Collection Set Pack, 3 Books, RRP £16.97 (Little House on the Prairie; On the Banks of Plum Creek; Little House in the Big Woods)
by Laura Ingalls Wilder

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, timeless collection of stories., 12 April 2015
Bought for a goddaughter as I loved these books when I was younger. started rereading them before I gave them to her and found out I still love them. Perfect present for 7-11 year old girl.

Clara's Grand Tour: Travels with a Rhinoceros in Eighteenth-Century Europe
Clara's Grand Tour: Travels with a Rhinoceros in Eighteenth-Century Europe
by Glynis Ridley

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, non-fiction, take your time over it., 12 April 2015
Very enjoyable and incredibly well-researched story about Clara the rhinoceros. Informs you how gentle and victimised rhinoceroses are - please let's all help keep their habitat and stop the evil poaching. Rhino horns do not make a man more sexy - for goodness sakes! Get real, China.

37" Ostrich feather duster with light wood handle
37" Ostrich feather duster with light wood handle
Offered by Banbury Cross Incubators

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied customer, 29 Mar. 2015
This is just what I wanted so I am very pleased. It was exactly as described on site and delivered very promptly.

Lowepro CD PLayer Case [6 CD]
Lowepro CD PLayer Case [6 CD]

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting product but disappointing for my use, 29 Mar. 2015
Delivery very fast. It was brand new, as stated on site, so in excellent condition.This item is such a good idea. However, my Sony Walkman does not fit comfortably in it as the elastic bands which hold the player in place obscure the buttons. Thus, I am disappointed but as it was very cheap the expense of returning it would not be worth it.

Chapini, Ladies & Girls Over the Knee Socks UK 4-8 - Navy Blue
Chapini, Ladies & Girls Over the Knee Socks UK 4-8 - Navy Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars good but......, 27 Sept. 2014
....although the socks are a very nice quality and navy colour and go a good way above the knee, which is what I wanted, they don't stay put. As soon as I started walking they began to fall down so I had to get some elastic bands. This is not very comfortable. Perhaps with tights they'll stay in place better but I don't always want to wear tights so on that score I'm disappointed.

Beethoven - Symphony No 9 - Barenboim
Beethoven - Symphony No 9 - Barenboim
Offered by dave3006

5.0 out of 5 stars Joy!, 6 Jun. 2014
Well, I don't think anyone needs any persuasion about buying a recording with Daniel Barenboim of this magnificent Beethoven piece. And this recording, which I first heard on Classic FM is the best.

Kärcher WV70 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum Kit
Kärcher WV70 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 6 Jun. 2014
This window vac is a great invention but it does have its limitations. The main thing for me is the difficulty of doing the outsides of second+floor windows with it. I don't like to use ladders and trying to reach from inside I find tricky with the vac. I think they do a long-reach version but I'm reluctant to spend the money as I have a feeling I probably couldn't handle it well as I'm a short person without much strength. However, I'm not sorry I purchased the one I did.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4