Profile for fordiebobs > Reviews

Content by fordiebobs

fordiebobs "fordiebobs" (Bournemouth, Dorset)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Pre Order CND SHELLAC UV Gel ✿✿✿ CHARMED LTD EDT Collections ✿ Wildfire & Ruby Red Ritz 7.3ml
Offered by TNBL UK
Price: 26.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This item is fake. Do not buy it. ..., 23 Aug 2014
This item is fake. Do not buy it. I am unable to return it because it contains flammable liquid. A total rip-off. I repeat - do not buy it. I now know that it isn't possible to buy Shellac products unless you are a registered therapist.

Citizen Watch Silhouette Women's Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Multicolour Stainless Steel Plated Bracelet EG2344-51A
Price: 74.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 8 Aug 2014
A lovely watch and very good value. The strap is too big even though I have big wrists, but I am wearing it like a bracelet so it's fine. Those with small wrists would need to get it adjusted.

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 8 Aug 2014
An interesting book, and one that has held my interest from the first chapter. Much better, in my opinion, than The Casual Vacancy, and well worth reading.

Citizen Quartz Ladies' Watch
Citizen Quartz Ladies' Watch
Price: 79.96

5.0 out of 5 stars A great watch, 6 July 2014
I love this watch. The strap is big even though I have big wrists but I'm wearing it as a bracelet until I can have it made smaller, and I've received several compliments

Come To Grief
Come To Grief
Price: 2.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: Come To Grief (Kindle Edition)
All Duck Francis novels are masterpieces and this one is right up there with the best. Well written, easy to read and difficult to put down. I have now read it twice and enjoyed it equally the second time.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60EB-K Compact Digital Camera - Black (18.1MP, 30x Optical Zoom, High Sensitivity MOS Sensor) 3 inch LCD (New for 2014)
Price: 319.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, 23 May 2014
I'm.just an ordinary lady who wanted a point and shoot camera that has a good zoom facility and one where I can see what I am shooting at even in strong sunlight and for me, this ticks all the boxes. I bought it just before a trip to Majorca, and even though I selected this camera partly because it has a viewfinder, I only used that once as the screen display is visible even in strong sunlight. It is small enough to slip into my handbag and carry all day without feeling the weight, unlike various SLR cameras, and produces very good results.

I particularly like the ability to take video without having to faff about with the settings (it has a dedicated button next to the ordinary shutter release, but not so near that the two can get confused), and the panorama setting is a great feature.

The zoom is excellent, and although it doesn't shout about anti shake, I was able to walk and talk whilst taking videos without any loss of picture quality even on moderate zoom.

The controls are very iintuitive and I was able to use it very effectively without having to wade through the manual first, a great bonus for impatient or busy people.

All things considered, I find it to be a great little camera and although I thought twice about spending that amount of money on a camera, I am very pleased that I did.

Philips PerfectCare Aqua ECO GC8635/02 Steam Generator Iron - One Perfect Temperature - 220g Pressurised Steam Boost
Price: 200.00

1.0 out of 5 stars No good if you wear glasses, 25 April 2014
I bought this because the reviews all seemed to rave about it. I found it absolutely brilliant for duvet covers and sheets, but struggled with shirts etc. and couldn't do as good a job on those as with my ordinary steam iron. Also, I tend to watch T.V. while ironing, for which I need to wear glasses but this iron generated so much steam that I couldn't see what I was ironing, let alone watch a programme. Also, it is very noisy so I couldn't hear the sound track either.

It has a massive tank, which has to be emptied when you have finished and if you have arthritis in your hands it's quite heavy to manage, plus I found it awkward to empty the tank whilst juggling the iron, or trying not to pull it off of the draining board with the very sturdy steam pipe.

Sadly I returned it and have gone back to my ordinary Philips Azure steam iron, which does a great job without any fuss.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2014 8:56 PM BST

The Low-GL Diet Bible: The perfect way to lose weight, gain energy and improve your health: The Healthy Way to Lose Fat Fast, Gain Energy and Feel Superb
by Patrick Holford
Price: 13.79

5.0 out of 5 stars I was sceptical, but not now, 21 Jan 2014
I bought this book after a recommendation by a friend of my daughter's, although having tried almost every diet and'eating plan' on the planet without success I didn't hold out much hope for this one either.

I started reading from the beginning (I don't always) and although the number of testimonials become slightly irritating, the logic behind the eating plan made sense and seemed to contain all the ingredients for a healthy lifestyle so I thought I would give it a try.

That was three weeks ago, so it is still early days, but in that three weeks I have lost 6lbs in weight and 1% of body fat. I can honestly say that I'm not feeling starving hungry between meals and am enjoying the boost in energy. I'm sleeping better too, which is an unexpected bonus.

I shall keep doing what I'm doing and upgrade this review later in the year. I should mention that I'm not vastly overweight, but could benefit from losing a couple of stones. I suspect that if I were more overweight to start with the initial weight loss might have been more dramatic, but obviously can't test that out.

Techgear Clear LCD Screen Protector for Nokia Lumia 620 (Pack of 3)
Techgear Clear LCD Screen Protector for Nokia Lumia 620 (Pack of 3)
Price: 2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 1 Jan 2014
I bought these to protect my daughter's new phone. Over the years we have bought a variety of screen savers for several different mobiles but these are far superior. They are extremely easy to apply, resulting in a good, bubble free finish and appear to be tough whilst not impeding the use at all, and excellent value for money. I thoroughly recommend them and have just ordered the same make for my tablet so I hope they are a similar quality.

Recipe for Life: The Autobiography
Recipe for Life: The Autobiography
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting book, 9 Oct 2013
If you are interested in the person behind the TV personality, you will love this book. Mary Berry writes the way she speaks and her voice comes to you from every page. This is a very easy read and I found it extremely interesting to get to know a little bit about how Mary Berry got to where she is.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3