Profile for Miss Lawrence > Reviews

Content by Miss Lawrence

Miss Lawrence (Dorset, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Tanita ~~ Pro Carry Case C300
Tanita ~~ Pro Carry Case C300

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart looking, great price, 16 Jun 2014
Great price! I've got the Tanita SC300 and had wanted to buy a bag or case for a while but at 80 had made do with the box (I know it's worth it for the price of the scales)! When I came across the bag much cheaper I couldn't resist.

The only downside is I would have preferred a long strap to come with it (two short handles and a pull along handle), so I could have popped it over my shoulder. It's also a tiny bit fiddly putting the scales inside, you stand them on their side (so in storage I lay the bag on it's side so scales are flat), and you strap them in.

All in all though a great product for the price and looks much more professional than the box!

CND Creative VINYLUX DUO - TOP COAT + TROPIX - Weekly Polish - 2 X 15ml
CND Creative VINYLUX DUO - TOP COAT + TROPIX - Weekly Polish - 2 X 15ml
Offered by Kaydee Cosmetics & Nails
Price: 13.50

3.0 out of 5 stars More orange than the picture shows, 20 May 2014
I bought this colour as an avid fan of vinylux, hoping for the same colour as that in the photo but it comes up more orange than pink. Still a nice colour but not what I was looking for on this occasion. I would describe the colour as "coral".

The Complete Guide to Sports Nutrition (Complete Guides)
The Complete Guide to Sports Nutrition (Complete Guides)
by Anita Bean
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starting point for those looking to further knowledge, 27 April 2014
Covers all bases. If you need to elaborate you can search for specific studies on google. A great reference for anyone in the fitness industry or starting out in a sport that will require expansion of knowledge within their nutritional habits and quantities they will require to maximise their training. Great for note taking too and an easy port of call for questions asked by clients.

CND Creative VINYLUX - TUTTI FRUTTI - Weekly Polish - 15ml - New Release [Misc.]
Offered by Beautiful eBuyers
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely colour but doesn't seem to last as long as the others, 27 April 2014
Hot pop pink lasts me 5-6 days but this one only around 3-4. I make sure I apply properly and blame not getting 7 days on my job, but anything over one day is a bonus! This colour is gorgeous though, pinky violet with a good shine and I had lots of compliments.

CND Creative VINYLUX - HOT POP PINK - Weekly Polish - 15ml - New Release [Misc.]
Offered by BC Gel
Price: 8.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Long, hard wearing polish, 27 April 2014
I love the Vinylux range and have an active job as a fitness instructor but do tend to find that certain colours last longer than others. I struggle with a full 7 days wear but this gets me through about 5 good days. Out of the pinks this seems to last the longest.

Happy Birthday (Presents) - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
Happy Birthday (Presents) - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
Price: 30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect way to send a voucher!, 24 Feb 2014
Since many of the shops only sell Amazon vouchers at a 50 value, and almost forgetting to buy one in the first place, this was the ideal way to buy a voucher.

Particularly like the fact you send to recipients email, and can even choose what day you'd like them to receive it.

The Road
The Road
by Cormac McCarthy

1.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly boring, nothing happens and very repetitive!, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Road (Paperback)
I get that this is meant to be quite a depressing book, however I've read several other apocalyptic novels and found the author either engages you through detail of the surroundings or a relationship between two or more characters.

This happened on a road. There were trees. There was a man and a boy. They were alone. They had very little food.

The sentences were very short, like bullet points almost. The conversation between father and son was irritating. The son kept asking "Will we be OK?", the father kept saying "Yes". There were a lot of other one answer questions to pad the book out. Not only did the child begin to annoy me but the father did too.

I didn't feel any sympathy towards their situation at all and I usually fall deep for well written characters.

If you get depressed easily or hate short, bluntly written sentences then don't purchase this.

TUFFskinz Premium Quality Screen Protectors : iPhone 5 / 5S / 5C Crystal Clear (Invisible) edition (2 in Pack Front)
Offered by TUFFskinz
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy application, invisible look, 7 Jan 2014
I've literally just applied this screen protector to my new iPhone 5c in less then 10 minutes.

I've only ever applied one other screen protector in my lifetime so am quite a novice. I'm also quite OCD about protective skins, if they are visible or start peeling, I'm afraid I have to pick it off. So far so good with this one.

I applied this in my bathroom after running the shower to reduce dust and followed the written instructions (I didn't follow the video instructions they give you a link to, or the guide stickers supplied). The only tiny bubbles I got were at the edges and were easily pushed out.

I can't comment on how well it's protected my screen as yet, but in terms of application and look it's definitely a 5*. If I had to nitpick I would say it doesn't "feel" as easy to gllide over with your finger as the bare screen, however this has only just been applied.

Very fast delivery, extremely cheap (would have been happy if I'd paid more), and as a bonus you even get a free Maoam sweet (very random), maybe just don't give yourself sticky fingers before applying ;-)

Covert Low Profile PU Leather Wallet Case/Cover/Pouch/Holster with Viewing Stand for iPhone 5C - Light Blue
Price: 8.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, just not sure how strong the magnet is?, 6 Jan 2014
I spent ages looking for a case that is a reasonable price and would look good with my blue iPhone 5c, and looking at reviews finally decided to go with this one.

The case only arrived today and I popped my phone straight in, popped in easily, no movement within the frame but I'm not convinced if the frame will hold onto the phone if I drop it off the bed or sofa as I usually do with phones (it doesn't click into place but appears to have a firm grip)!

The one thing that doesn't seem as good as it could have is the magnet, it seems quite weak in comparison to previous cases that "snap" shut. This doesn't, it's very soft lock and open.

Time will tell with this, I'll update if I change my mind either way. Overall I would say this is perhaps slightly expensive for the quality you get.

Very fast delivery too.

Philips HP 6540/00
Philips HP 6540/00
Offered by ELECTROMACUA
Price: 47.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing beats a close shave though!, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Philips HP 6540/00 (Personal Care)
I struggle with hair removal due to being dark haired and often find my hair will grow back ridiculously fast hence trying this. Shaving, although close will grow back stubbly within hours, waxing I never find gets all of the hairs, and I don't fancy shelling out for lazer treatment.

This product doesn't score 5 stars for me due to a few reasons. Firstly, being new to epilating I realised this would hurt, I just didn't realise how much! However you get used to this and over time you do become desensitised.

Secondly, other people have mentioned with epilating that they don't get a smooth finish. You will notice the more often you use this the smoother finish you get, however, with thick, dark hair (my sister is blonde, has the same model and gets much smoother results) I find it's best to still have a quick shave afterwards (if legs are on show).

Thirdly, it is quite time consuming, both in terms of the time it takes and how often I have to do it.

Also noisey, as you would expect - So you might want to explain what you're heading off to do before others make their minds up...

Saying that, since using this product (for about a year), hair regrowth is patchy and slower. The smaller battery operated epilator is great to take on holidays and perfect for underarms and bikini line. The tweezers are also a great bonus.

I will continue to use this but alongside shaving/waxing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7