Profile for Tarotboy > Reviews

Content by Tarotboy

Tarotboy "Wicked Wizard" (London)

Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS)
Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS)
Price: Ł31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful game!, 15 Mar 2014
I am new to the world of Pokemon but when I heard about this new installment in the series I thought I give it a go and dive in. I must say this has been a wonderful experience so far. I bought both the X version and the Y version because now I am obsessed completing my Pokedex and trade between my 3DS XL consoles the version exclusive species. If you have never played Pokemon before this is a great game to start with as it seems to flow much faster and your Pokemon also seem to level up faster. Since then I have started playing the previous generation games (BLACK, WHITE) but those ones seem to be slightly more challenging (not that it's a bad thing). Anyway, my advice is that if you only gonna play one Pokemon game then it should be X or Y.

Pokémon X (Nintendo 3DS)

The Golden Tarot of Visconti: Sforza Deck
by Mary Packard
Price: Ł15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Set, 23 Jun 2013
Really nice set with a sturdy box. Cards are very large but I prefer large cards. Book is a bit short but the cloth it comes with is also handy. Overall I'm very pleased with this set.

TAROT OF REFLECTIONS (cards)
TAROT OF REFLECTIONS (cards)
by Francesco Ciampi
Price: Ł16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A true Lo Scarabeo gem, 8 Nov 2008
I am a "full-time" tarot enthusiast and only buy a deck if I am absolutely certain that I will be able to connect with it.I read a review about this deck long before I actually purchased it.Even though it was a very positive review I had a few reservations about buying it at that time. It was mainly because I thought it may be a bit too gothic for my taste(after seeing some of the card images on the internet).However,now that I actually got it I am soo pleased with it.

There are not too many Lo Scarabeo decks that I can personally relate to in any way but this is certainly one of those decks.I found the card images to be captivating and kind of otherworldly in the most positive sense.I layed the cards out in front of me and started looking at them.They engaged my senses so much so that I lost track of time.I felt like I was entering a portal into another world: The World of Reflections.
The images were dreamlike.I felt like I was looking at someone's dream layed out in front of me.

A few of the cards deviate from the Rider Waite tradition (4 of Swords,7 of Swords and the most dramatic deviation is in the 5 of Cups that reminds me of the 6 of Wands or Pentacles).Apart from these 3 cards I was immediately able to relate to the rest of the cards as they nicely adhere to Rider Waite interpretations.

Some of my favourite cards:

2 of Swords: a woman is standing between two Swords that are floating in the air (one pointing upwards the other downwards);she is blindfolded with a thin layer of some sort of silk cloth that is stretched out across the swords covering her eyes.As soon as I saw this image it evoked the tension and blocked emotions that this card represents.

Strength: A half naked woman is "taming" or "regulating" an infinite ray of some sort of high-concentrated light (this light or beam could represent emotions,inner feelings etc).A perfect image to represent inner strength.

I could go on about the imaginative and intuitive power that this deck brought into my life and I am very grateful for its creator Francesco Ciampi for this tarot-masterpiece which I think should not be ignored in the world of tarot.I highly recommend it for serious tarot readers.

Elite Beat Agents (Nintendo DS) Duplicate of B000HE9LL8
Elite Beat Agents (Nintendo DS) Duplicate of B000HE9LL8
Offered by 1stvideo
Price: Ł13.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's party.....let's have fun, 27 Jun 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I played the american version and I have to say that this game is definitely a must-have for all DS fans who love music and have good sense of rhythm.Also I thought the game would be very easy but actually some of the levels can be challenging which is good because you can enjoy the game longer.In short, if you want to have a fun and unique DS experience that makes great use of the touch screen then you will definitely want to try this one.