Profile for emma louise > Reviews

Content by emma louise

emma louise

Betron B750s Earphones Headphones, High Definition, in-ear, Tangle Free, Noise Isolating , HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite impressed., 20 Nov 2014
Quite impressed with the product. For the price, it's definitely a good buy. Loved the length and strength of the cord, and the clip that can be attached, as well as the cute little velvet bag that came with it. The sound is clear and crisp compared to other headphones I have tried. They're as tangle free as any headphones can be, which is definitely less of a hassle than I've had in the past. Overall, I'm a happy customer who would definitely consider buying from Betron again in the future.

Last Tango in Halifax - Series 1 [DVD]
Last Tango in Halifax - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anne Reid

5.0 out of 5 stars not quite the last tango in halifax!, 22 Dec 2012
This series is bloody fantastic! My mother introduced me to this series, and I have to say she has good taste! The central characters are Alan and Celia, who are brilliant together and the acting is pure class. I have to say though, my favourite character is Caroline. I've always enjoyed Sarah Lancashire's work, but her sarcasm and delivery of lines in this series never fails to crack me up. I also enjoy seeing her more vulnerable side. Gillian also makes me smile, though she has gained quite a reputation by the end of the series. All in all, the writing is great and the actors are great, so it's a pleasure to watch.

I'm so pleased this has been recommissioned for a second series, and I very much look forward to rewatching this one on DVD. Good job all round I think!

The Perfect Catch [DVD]
The Perfect Catch [DVD]
Dvd ~ Drew Barrymore
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars feel good film, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Perfect Catch [DVD] (DVD)
I enjoyed this film.. and I guess that's what matters when it comes to watching a film. Sure, it isn't the best film I've ever seen, but it made me laugh-out-loud at times, and the fact the Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon are the leads made this better than I thought. Both actors have brilliant comedic timing and they play off each other very well. I'm not a huge sports fan, so I probably missed many references and jokes aimed at sport, but nevertheless I enjoyed the film and was rooting for Drew and Jimmy to end up together from pretty much the beginning. Some of their encounters made me laugh quite a bit and the storyline (a man being wrapped up in his preferred sport team.. the woman trying, and failing, to accommodate that in her life) didn't fail to amuse me, while also hitting home as being fairly realistic. Anyway, in summary, it's a funny film, excellent leads, and definitely worth a watch.

Little Girl Lost
Little Girl Lost
by Drew Barrymore
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars just... wow, 2 Dec 2012
I only recently stumbled upon the knowledge that Drew Barrymore wrote an autobiography over 20 years ago detailing the issues she encountered with drugs and alcohol at a young age. As soon as I knew this, I set out to buy her book. I'm glad I did. I read it in 24 hours, and I recommend it to anyone. She went through many difficult times with her abusive father, and had a lot of issues with her mother who didn't know how to be a parent and therefore let Drew down in a big way. Both of these reasons led to her introduction to drugs and alcohol and in this book, she explains how this affected her and how she went through various processes to try and move on with her life.

I personally have had what is classed as a 'difficult childhood'. I do not have positive relationships with any of my family, and have had a background of abuse in many forms, and (probably because of this) turned to alcohol and drugs. I am 23 now, am an alcoholic and recovering drug addict, and have been in and out of psychiatric hospitals (which I think really helped me relate to Drew's experiences of being in hospital). Although I do not know Drew personally, I am proud of her for writing this book, for trying to reach out to other children who may be in a similar situation, and for trying to explain that slowly but surely things can get better if you ask for help. In this book Drew is a mere 14 years old, yet she has more insight than some 60 year olds I know. At the time of publication of this book, her relationship with her mother had been progressing, although since this book came out, it is a known fact that her relationship with her mum has been strained. I understand this, as in my instance, I haven't had any 'proper' communication with my mum since I was 14. I guess I can relate to this more than a 'oh my, this is a tragic story', I can relate because I have struggled with the same issues Drew has for as long as I can remember.

I recommend this book to anyone, Drew fans or people who have never really been interested in her. Personally, I had watched a few of Drew's films before getting this book, and had thought her a good actress.. nothing more. But reading this book gave me more insight and understanding to her life. She is a brave woman, who has overcome many obstacles that people should never have to face, but unfortunately do, and she has come out the other side to become an inspiration to people in general, but especially to people who have been through some of what she has experienced. Through reading this, I have evolved from someone who was merely interested in reading about someone who has experienced some of what I have, to avidly supporting Drew and feeling a sense of pride that someone who I don't even know has come out the other side of this. I'm sure she still has difficult days, but for me.. this has given me a little bit of hope that even though I'm not there yet, and it will take me a long, long time to be 'there', people can come through things like this.

One Child
One Child
by Torey Hayden

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: One Child (Paperback)
About 8 years ago, while in foster care, I happened to stumble upon a brief interview with Torey Hayden while she was on a promotional book tour and she mentioned this book. I'm not overly sure why (as I never usually rush out to buy books when I see them talked about on TV) but I went out and bought 'One Child'. I read the first page and literally could not put it down. I have personally experienced much of what has been written in this book, so I suppose this moved me more than most, but I lent this book to my then foster mother (who went out soon after to buy her own copy) and to a couple of her friends, and they all were speechless at how good this book is. Torey is a wonderful person and I just wish there were more people like her to work with the people like us. I'm 23 now and I wish I were as strong as Sheila and more able to overcome my difficulties, but just reading this book (and I read it regularly, among Torey's other books) makes me feel a bit more inspired to keep trying. Also, for those wondering how Sheila has done since 'One Child', 'The Tiger's Child' is a follow up on her and Torey's life. Well worth the read. If you want to know any more about Sheila, the other characters in the book, Torey or Torey's other books, visit torey-hayden.com .

In summary, a very moving book and even though I thought it might upset me too much to read, it really is more inspiring than anything.