Profile for D. Millar > Reviews

Content by D. Millar

D. Millar (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Brother Waste Toner Pack for the HL2700CN
Brother Waste Toner Pack for the HL2700CN
Offered by Toner Inc Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but overpriced (like most printer accessories...), 1 Nov. 2014
Bought this for my Brother 9420CN and it does the job. Have to give it five stars for that although I was tempted to give it 1 for being overpriced. I mean, it's a plastic box that looks much like the kind of packaging that you get your sausages or mushrooms in. £17. Really?

Got this in January 2010, it now needs to be replaced (Oct 2014). Ok, it's lasted nearly five years but £17 is not insignificant so when I saw one reviewer's suggestion that you could probably empty it into a zip-lock bag ....

Viners 6-Piece Soup Spoon
Viners 6-Piece Soup Spoon
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Manually operated liquid sustenance conveyors, 23 July 2014
We used to use some old silver soup spoons we found in a flea market but I got fed-up of having to hand-wash them so ordered these.

They do exactly what they need to do and can go in the dishwasher. What else can I say?

Digital SLR Camera Sensor Cleaning Pads with Fluid - All APS-C Size Sensors
Digital SLR Camera Sensor Cleaning Pads with Fluid - All APS-C Size Sensors
Offered by Digipad

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine on my Canon 5D, 23 July 2014
Needed to remove some stubborn dirt spots from my Canon 5D's sensor that the Dust-aid Platinum couldn't shift (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0019K8YVM/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0). These did the trick and the dust-aid finished off any dust that had got in there during the process.

Dust-Aid Platinum Sensor Cleaner Kit (DA0300) (001050)
Dust-Aid Platinum Sensor Cleaner Kit (DA0300) (001050)
Offered by Hawks Photo Video

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked nicely on my Canon 5D after using cleaning pads & fluid, 23 July 2014
Used this to try and get rid of dirt from my Canon 5D's sensor but it didn't work on the stubborn spots. Used this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00581EIGI/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to clean the stubborn stuff first then reapplied this and the dirt was gone (should that be 'Bang! and the dirt was gone'?)

Moonar Auto Car Diagnostic Scan Tool ELM327 Mini Interface V1.5 Bluetooth Version OBD2 (A)
Offered by KINGSFAITH

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 23 July 2014
Ordered one of these for a friend and we tried it in my car (Vauxhall Insignia '12 reg) and it worked fine (using Torque app). I decided to get myself one.

I must have had one of a bad batch as when I plugged it in, the engine would not start, various warning lights came on (ABS, traction control, service warning), the electronic parking brake light went off and the trip computer/mpg reading and speedometer all stopped working.

I tried to get the unit to connect to my phone but although it showed as paired in the bluetooth screen and the Torque app found it, it would not talk to the ECU.

The situation made the drive home from work that much more challenging :-| Luckily the rev counter still worked and I had a satnav available so I was able to judge my speed.

Spent some time looking on various sites looking for info on the issue and how to clear it and when I went out to try some of them the issue had resolved itself.

Hard to recommend really.

Inkrite Laser Toner Cartridge Compatible with Brother HL2700 - Yellow
Inkrite Laser Toner Cartridge Compatible with Brother HL2700 - Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Also for Brother MFC9420CN, 30 April 2014
Installed this today alongside the black and magenta toners of the same make ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004E0YZTY/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004E0YZTE/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

No problems so far. As with the others, I'll update this review after some use.

Hostey® Black Samsung Galaxy TAB 2 Case 10.1 P5100 -Protector, Stand - PU Leather Case Cover and Flip Stand Typing Case Wallet Plus Free Tablet Touch Pen. Screen Cleaner and Protector
Offered by AQUARIUS PROTEXION

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits ok but stained the back of my (white) Tab, 31 July 2013
Fits the tab well, and the screen protector and stylus are a nice freebie but the back of my Tab is now stained (see photo).
Comment Comment | Permalink

MINI ADJUSTABLE KEYRING DESKTOP TABLE HOLDER STAND FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE S5830 MINI S5570

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but (almost) perfectly formed, 24 April 2013
This stand is quite bijou (I've uploaded some photos of a 2p piece on the stand to give an idea) but works very well with the Samsung Galaxy Ace. The phone seems to sit more securely in the landscape orientation than it does in portrait but that could just be me being a bit heavy handed. I'll update this review when I've had a bit more practise!
Comment Comment | Permalink

impexo Purple Capacitive Resistive Touchscreen Stylus Pen Suitable For Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
Offered by EF-Cloud.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better on a Galaxy S2 than on a Galaxy Ace, 24 April 2013
Bought this for use on a Galaxy Ace but it doesn't work too well but then the Ace's screen doesn't respond too well to my finger tip. On the other hand (sorry) it works quite well on a Galaxy S2 (particularly when playing Draw Something!), so I'm happy with it.

iTALKonline Golla Turquoise BLUE Flower Design Hama Dig Reef-L Bag Pouch Case Cover with Hook for Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace
Offered by iTALKonline-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right for a Samsung Galaxy Ace, 24 April 2013
Bought as a present for someone who was very pleased with it. The phone fits in nicely and it has a belt loop as well as karabiner. No problems with it so far.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3