Profile for Eljay_87 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Death Magnetic
Death Magnetic
Offered by DVD Overstocks

3.0 out of 5 stars Metallica Revisit Old Methods With Successful Results, 6 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Death Magnetic (Audio CD)
I have mixed feelings about this album. It has obviously done well in the sense that the band have made a better album than their last "2003's St. Anger". This album is good, good concept, good riffs and lyrics, the only negative things I have to say is that the sound production at times can be too much to handle especially at loud volumes and it feels as though Metallica have just made an album for the fans and it doesn't sound like it came naturally either, it does feel forced. Firstly After the massive uproar after the album Load was released the band stated that they made music for themselves and if you didn't like it you should just stay away. Now it feels as though Metallica have made an album that is trying to imitate their old sound. A band should always do what they want and look to the future. Also the inclusion of The Unforgiven 3 is just clearly an advertising ploy since the Unforgiven and Unforgiven 2 songs were so popular. I would rather listen to a band doing what they want to do not backtracking to earn more money. But with that this album is good, worth a listen. It would have received four stars by the way if the sounds wasn't so terrible. There's only one Metallica album I have given 5 stars - Master of Puppets.

Remember Who You Are: Korn III
Remember Who You Are: Korn III
Offered by mrtopseller

3.0 out of 5 stars KoRn Return To Their Roots...But Where's The Hits?, 6 Sept. 2010
Ok firstly I have rated this album with 3 stars well because it is a KoRn album after all. I bought this album because I have been a KoRn fan for quite a while and wanted to pick it up and see where exactly the band were at. Hmmm well, after a quite rubbish last album "Untitled" KoRn have indeed as advertised, gone back to their roots! Unfortunately though, usually when you get a KoRn album, the standout tracks are very apparent almost straight away and the rest of the songs are usually album fillers or songs of average quality. Its seems. However that after a few listens that this album is just full of average quality songs. There is not one standout single at all. Its like KoRn "Lite". Almost like the band have watered down their own material. Mostly all the songs are quite boring and Johnathon Davis was quoted saying to the producer Ross Robinson who produced this album that he "did it" and that he had exercised his demons and is drained of his negative emotion, well until the next album is due and the band need more money. If this album had been maybe a B sides album I would have totally understood. Maybe time to call it a day guys?

DragonBall Z: Season One (REGION 1) (NTSC) [DVD] [US Import]
DragonBall Z: Season One (REGION 1) (NTSC) [DVD] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Sean Schemmel
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Dragonball Z Season One - The Start Of Great Things To Come, 30 Aug. 2010
I was browsing on Amazon a while ago and remember seeing Dragonball Z and thought it was strange because I had been reminiscing about it with my friends the week before. I really wanted to buy it for a nostalgia moment but was instantly put off with the REGION 1 header, I did however do a little research and looked up other reviews and found that it was infact region 1,2 and 4 so don't pay any attention to Amazon. I have a PS3 Slim and it plays fine and I'm from the U.K. There are 39 Episodes in this Season and all of which were enjoyable. Dragonball Z is amazing and if you are thinking about buying this you should go for it. Great product, great presentation. It did take two weeks however but it does ship from Kentucky in the good ol US of A. Over all I was very impressed. I do recommend you use "Spun Cds" as your seller. FIVE STARS!!!

4GB MP3/MP4 Player Cross Style 4th Generation, FM Radio, LCD Screen
4GB MP3/MP4 Player Cross Style 4th Generation, FM Radio, LCD Screen
Offered by Basic Bits

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid!!!!, 17 July 2010
Recently i purchased this mp3 player because my old one stopped working. I came across this one and thought, looks good, great price, i think i will buy one. Big mistake!

Firstly it states that you are to email the company with your desired colour, my order stated that i was to receive a purple mp3 player. I received a blue one. I soon found out that the head phones didn't work and the tiny little booklet that has all of a few sentences of instructions were for a different product!
Still i thought i was being hasty in thinking it was Japanese Rubbish so in decided to try and put some song on the player, the player kept switching itself off and the songs i put on the player would not play.

So i quickly emailed the company and am currently in the process of trying to get my money back. I am quite shocked Amazon would let a company sell dodgy Japanese rubbish through their website. I forked out extra money and bought and 8GB Ipod Touch instead. Actually works.

Page: 1 | 2