Profile for DrMaggieS > Reviews

DrMaggieS (Surrey, UK)

J.K. Rowling
J.K. Rowling
Price: 2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars inaccurate historical information and badly written, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: J.K. Rowling (Kindle Edition)
We agree with the previous reviewer but felt the inaccuracies made it annoying (eg by the time Rowling joined Brownies they didn't have to tie ties any more, and I doubt if she had to wear school uniform - most state infant and juniors schools didn't then. The comparisons between her mother's cooking and that at Hogwarts were irritating, fortunately we borrowed this from the local library so hadn't spent any money on it!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2014 6:37 PM GMT

Jack Wolfskin Women's Shoulder Bag Black fade checks One Size
Jack Wolfskin Women's Shoulder Bag Black fade checks One Size
Offered by Sportartikel-Kuhn
Price: 22.04

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I wanted, 17 Sep 2013
simple, waterproof, light and big enough for what I wanted it for. pockets on the front to contain my miscellaneous bits, phone etc

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars It didn't work, 17 Sep 2013
but at that price we should have been surprised if it did! We plugged it in and nothing happened at all. The connections appear broken

The Unicyclist, the Vicar and the Paediatrician
The Unicyclist, the Vicar and the Paediatrician
Price: 5.14

5.0 out of 5 stars not quite what you expect, 27 April 2013
3 generations on different numbers of wheels set out to complete lejog. It doesn't turn out as planned and the result is thought provoking.

Doctor, Doctor: Incredible True Tales from a GP's Surgery
Doctor, Doctor: Incredible True Tales from a GP's Surgery
by Dr Rosemary Leonard
Price: 10.36

5.0 out of 5 stars easy read and funny to boot, 15 Sep 2012
This is an easy read, with some serious and some very funny episodes. I had a late night finishing it as I did not want to put it down.
Well written. If you can find more stories Dr Rosemary, please publish more like this.

Sanyo Xacti CA100 Outdoor/Waterproof Dual Camera (14MP, Full HD recording, 12x Double range Zoom, Waterproof to 3m) - Yellow

1.0 out of 5 stars Xacti two years on, 29 Mar 2012
I was intiialy hugely pleased with this camera, though a couple of minor niggles were imediatly apaprent, the on off switch is impossible to operate with gloves on and is very slow to get the message. Also, the zoom is rather fast so its very difficult to get any control while filming.
Much more seriously is at just two years old the internal circuit which joins the screen to the body has catastropicaly failed. Careful investigation shows this to a be a design flaw which Sanyo with their commitment to continuous improvemnt are not very interested in. Since the same hinge design is used in severel models, this is an expensive disposable camera at best. BTW I was quoted more than I paid for the camera to have it repaied by the official repair shop. Beware!

Manifesto: A Blueprint for Missional Church
Manifesto: A Blueprint for Missional Church
Price: 6.47

5.0 out of 5 stars A reminder of what the church is all about, 4 Mar 2012
This down to earth book, which had be laughing out loud on several occasions, is a timely reminder of what the church is here for and how to be relevant in the current age, based on practical experience. Very useful reading, not too much jargon, thought (and hopefully action) provoking.

Reader Rabbit's Maths 4-6 Years
Reader Rabbit's Maths 4-6 Years
Offered by raregames4you
Price: 7.09

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work on Mac Snow Leopard, 14 May 2010
Can't comment apart from to say it doesn't appear to be mac compatable at all

Rainbow Magic: The Rainbow Fairies: 2: Amber the Orange Fairy
Rainbow Magic: The Rainbow Fairies: 2: Amber the Orange Fairy
by Daisy Meadows
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for little girls, 13 Jan 2010
Father Christmas gave this and Ruby the red fairy to my 5 year old. However my 4 year old is begging for the next installment and bed time story time has had to be extended to allow for this to be read to her. It is also inspiring her to learn to read too.
My 5 year old also wants to hear it but her bedtime reading is currently the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe so she is waiting until she has finished that to have this.

First Fun With French [1994] [DVD]
First Fun With French [1994] [DVD]
Price: 7.71

4.0 out of 5 stars My 23 month old loves it, 22 Jun 2006
My 23 month old daughter has been watching "Isabelle" for several months and it is a firm favourite. She watches it from end to end. She points things out to me in English but is now beginning to reply "bonjour" to the characters and I am happy that the information is going in. Just wish I'd bought the DVD not the video as it is on so much and I have a younger daughter who is not interested in TV yet. We also have the book which we use as well and she is getting the idea that there are different words for the same item in French.