Profile for mike smith > Reviews

mike smith

The Classic Early Recordings
The Classic Early Recordings

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy, 11 Feb 2014
All I expected. A magnificent collection that sits alongside my Venuti/Lang collection. A marvellous bargain for anyone who loves the fiddle and guitar in jazz..

Jazz From The Windy City 1927 - 1930
Jazz From The Windy City 1927 - 1930

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Compilation., 31 Oct 2013
A fine sampling of the best twenties Chicago Jazz,very well remastered. I have never heard Teschemaker in better voice.
Mike Smith.

What To Knit When You're Expecting: 28 Simple Mittens, Baby Blankets, Hats & Sweaters
by Nikki Van De Car

5.0 out of 5 stars good knitting, 16 Oct 2013
My wife is knitting for our first grest grandchild and she thinks it is a lovely book wityh some superb patterns.

Mother Of The Blues
Mother Of The Blues

5.0 out of 5 stars The grandmother of the blues,, 15 May 2013
This review is from: Mother Of The Blues (Audio CD)
I first heard Ma Rainey on a 78rpm Jazz Collector disc some sixty five years ago and even then, through the scratches and distortions, I was bowled over by her majestic voice and presence. I have since collected her on 10 and 12 inch vinyl. I just love this set, although my 83 year old wife doesn't know what all the fuss is about, she prefers Bessie as she can tell the words that she is singing.
I would say buy this set BUT BE WARNED. you won't really appreciate and enjoy it until you have developed what I call "The Paramount/Gennett Ear" to decode Paramoun'ts terrible pre-electric recording.process.

Mike Smith

Original Battery For Doro SHELL01A Doro PHONEEASY 410 Easyphone 410GSM 800mah
Original Battery For Doro SHELL01A Doro PHONEEASY 410 Easyphone 410GSM 800mah
Offered by Noors

5.0 out of 5 stars satisfied customer, 15 May 2013
Excellent product at a great price. Battery prices can be prohibitive,and every little economy helps. I shall be back here again. .

Kensington Wireless 2.4 GHz USB Presenter and Red Laser Pointer - Compatible with PowerPoint and KeyNote

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying, 15 May 2013
A simple small piece of equipment that makes powerpoint lecturing a very straightforward experience. You have all your control in one hand. Easy to set up, a doddle to operate.