Profile for G. Lennon > Reviews

G. Lennon "Eclecticdeaftone"

The Great American Songbook Box Set
The Great American Songbook Box Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Laid back Rod Stewart, 28 Dec 2012
Rod Stewart was never blessed with a prefect voice, but he certainly knows how to interpret songs. Excellent choice of material. His voice may not be as raucous as in his youth, but this mellow side suits him, and the choice of songs, well.

Rock 'n' Roll Outlaw (live)
Rock 'n' Roll Outlaw (live)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Dec 2012
If I were given the Desert Island Disc treatment, this track would be in my top ten. Iconic hard rock from Oz. Infectious beat. Magic!

Wagg Complete Worker Chicken & Vegetables Dry Mix 17kg
Wagg Complete Worker Chicken & Vegetables Dry Mix 17kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value food, 28 Dec 2012
I said in my review of Wagg Worker 'Beef and Veg' that I gave my dogs a variety of food. However, I noticed that recently the most of the protein content was beef, so I tried this Chicken variety. I was really testing it out on a few to see if too much red meat content may be the cause of some skin irritations. Not conclusive, but those that are on the Chicken seem to be doing better. Many are not bothered by the all beef diet, so i shall continue with both. But if you have been on the beef variety and have noticed more obvious scratching, this could be a good alternative.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2014 10:08 PM GMT

Yumove Supplement Tablet (300 Tablets)
Yumove Supplement Tablet (300 Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a convert to Yumove, 26 Nov 2012
Like most people when reading reviews I have a nagging doubt about them. So when I tried Yumove on two of my dogs I did so on a 'one off' purchase. I am now on 'Subscribe and Save'. Here's why ...
The one dog I was keen to try it on was my 9 year old whose arthritis of the spine only came to light when he was X-rayed for some stomach blockage. He is the biggest of my large family, a single puppy, but both parents are Springer cross Border Collies, yet he is as big as a slim Labrador! He was always a bit clumsy so I have no idea as to how long the arthritis has been present. At the time of trying Yumove he was having real difficulty in getting up off the floor, but at least I had a good idea as to why. I was also assisting him down stairs(because he had sore front pads to add to his troubles). Despite that, he would still come out on the daily walk with the rest. I took the hint about starting with a double dose, 6 tabs for a 35kg dog. After just the first 3 tabs he came down the stairs unaided. Impressed, but dubious it could work that quickly, I continued with the double dose for the next 3 weeks. Even on just 3 tabs a day he can now run down hill like he used to do a lot.
At the same time I started my eldest dog who is 13.5 years old, and had a bout of vestibular balance disorder(VSB) which really knocked her confidence. The vet prescribe 'Vitatonin' which worked great(also recommended for dogs who lose their 'zest'). I always had that in mind if she started to go backwards again. However, this wet summer did make her old legs a bit stiffer, especially after exercise. But like the above, she like to potter round with the rest on the main exercise walk. On just 2 tabs a day she has gradually improved, and enjoys a downhill run on the grass. She tries to run uphill too, but she runs out of puff. She is really lively when she gets up now, even plays with bit of sticks or discarded plastic bottles. Even more impressive, she got got knocked over by a car, and was lucky to get away with just a bruised shoulder! That only bothered for a few days and she was back up to old self.
So yes, I am a convert. So much so I have put my two 12 year olds on it too, just as a preventative measure. However, as it contains the additions that normally are put in 'senior' dog food, I do not have that more expensive item on their food bill. I just wish there was a human equivalent for me....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2014 11:39 AM GMT

Wagg Complete Worker Beef and Vegetables Dry Mix 17 kg
Wagg Complete Worker Beef and Vegetables Dry Mix 17 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog food for all?, 15 Oct 2012
I have 17 dogs, and over the years I have tried several different types. Those I use regularly are the ones that ALL my dogs eat without any hesitation. If it was just about cost, then you would be wrong. I have tried cheaper ones, and some high profile brands. There have been several that some will eat, basically because they will eat anything! Some are more fussy. Indeed, I am more fussy regards what comes out the other end too, to be blunt. Like all good dog owners I pick up what my dogs leave on their walks, so any food that goes through them too quickly and results in sloppy poo, is ditched straightaway. I never had that problem with Wagg Worker. It passes my dog test on all fronts. In fact it is the main food these days. However, I have always been in favour of giving them a variety of dry food, just in case any one is isn't entirely suitable for any one of them. Given my 'family' are springer spaniel/border collie cross, they are an energetic lot. Now they are all adult dogs, I only give them the higher protein food two or three days a week, usually at the weekends. Again, only foods that suit them. If I were promoting Wagg Worker I would not be mentioning rival brands, but among their favourites are; Pascoes Country Gold - no gluten issues with them, thankfully; Burgess Superdog Active; Omega Tasty - note, high protein food not suitable for all; occasionally Beta Active - again, a high protein one and used more when they were younger. Due to a restricted budget there is nothing from the top end, pricewise, but of all the ones I do use, Wagg Worker, in 17kg bags, is definitely very good value for money. Every dog is different, and so will be their digestive system? Which is why I also recommend the variety, rather than as the sole food.

My One And Only Thrill
My One And Only Thrill

5.0 out of 5 stars A delight from start to finish, 5 Jun 2010
There are many a singer who can have voices that you like to hear, but with Melody Gardot she does the other important thing ... that is sing songs the way you want them sung. This is album full of songs that catch your attention for that very reason.
There is a nuance in her voice that can make you smile, it has an edge or a lilt which is uniquely hers.
If this album is anything to go by she will soon get a much wider audience, and hopefully she will be around for a long time to come.

Hibernated - Earth Omen
Hibernated - Earth Omen

5.0 out of 5 stars One of those groups you don't know how you missed at the time?, 5 Jun 2010
Frijid Pink have a sound which can haunt you ... songs that repeat in your head long after you listen to them. At times frustrating, and others sheer joy. Lazy Days is a good example. Images of sunny days, cool drink to hand ... and a free flowing melody wafts over you ... Bliss!
Listen again when pushed for time or stressed, and you can start thinking they should have done more with it, frustrated that you cannot let life float on by ...
Great album if you like this era ... and can relax with the flow.

The Other Side
The Other Side

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'must have' album if you are a fan, 5 Jun 2010
This review is from: The Other Side (MP3 Download)
The unique voice of Eva Cassidy is demonstrated to the full on this album. The superb solos and edgy duets ... magnificent!