Profile for Stevie > Reviews

Stevie "steve" (UK)

Little Piece of Dixie
Little Piece of Dixie

4.0 out of 5 stars Never liked country before, 1 Jan 2014
Very witty songwriting, I really enjoyed the guitar riffs and I can‘t wait for their new album in Feb 2014

Electro-Harmonix Nano Holy grail
Electro-Harmonix Nano Holy grail
Offered by Musik Produktiv GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars brillant pedal, 3 July 2011
This Electro-Harmonix pedal has 3 reverb types (spring hall and flerb) and a reverb control knob, quite basic. But what it does, it does really well and I was very pleased with this purchase indeed. If you are after a dedicated reverb pedal without too many confusing options then this is the one for you.

Fast Fingers
Fast Fingers
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Blues CD, 3 Mar 2011
This review is from: Fast Fingers (Audio CD)
I'd never heard of Jimmy Dawkins before, I just took a chance on this one and its fast becoming one of my favourite blues cds. If you like buddy and bb give this one a go, you won`t be sorry.

The Essential Albert King: A Step-By-Step Breakdown of the Styles and Techniques of a Blues and Soul Legend
by Wolf Marshall

4.0 out of 5 stars simply excellent, 9 Aug 2010
This book is an excellent product for anyone with a little bit of guitar experience who likes Albert King and wants a deeper understanding of his style. Each song is broken down and has extensive notes to help get the feel and style right.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, very well, 19 July 2009
I had a metronome before this one but never really got on with it, it was confusing to use. This one is great, it works really well, is easy to use, has a big hand that ticks backwards and forwards, it has a volume control as well, you can even switch the volume off and just watch the ticking hand. Also it has a useful stand that pops out on the back. I use it quite a lot and would really recommend this one to anyone. Its simple and it works well.

Foundation Web Design with Dreamweaver 8
Foundation Web Design with Dreamweaver 8
by Craig Grannell

5.0 out of 5 stars Make this your first step in web design!, 20 Mar 2007
I brought this book shortly after buying Dreamweaver 8. It got me up and running quickly and efficiently and gave me enough confidence to put together my first website (while I was still reading it). It takes you through everything step by step, doesn't confuse you with techy terms and is friendly and informative in its manner. I've brought several friends of Ed books and would totally recommend them to anyone.

Black (PS2)
Black (PS2)

5.0 out of 5 stars wow! blown away indeed, 22 Feb 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Black (PS2) (Video Game)
Really. Really like this game. Graphics, game play and level maps are excellent. Gun sounds and explosions are very realistic, nearly everything seems to be destructible, trees and concrete disintegrate when shot at, windows shatter and glass tinkles when dropping from the pane. If you've got speakers plug them devils in! There's nothing like laying in wait for a head shot, or trying to pick off the opposition by firing on their muzzle flashes! It's all just brilliant and before playing this game I wasn`t even into FPS. Lock and load.

Gitaroo Man Lives! (PSP)
Gitaroo Man Lives! (PSP)

3.0 out of 5 stars How can cute be this hard?, 22 Feb 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I really liked this game when I started playing it. The graphics were cute and fun, the characters are odd and funky. And the tunes get into your head real quick. But here's the rub, the difficulty curve is steep, really steep. The first 2 levels weren't too bad but the third is near impossible. What I'm undecided on (as I've not played the PS2 version) is if this difficulty is just due the PSP controls/version or if the PS2 version is just as hard. It's a real pity as I was really enjoying playing it. So unless you're a God at rhythm games or a glutton for punishment, [...].

Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS)
Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Frostfall Games S.à r.l. - Speedy UK delivery for the 25th until the 19th!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this game!!, 22 Feb 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Brought this game for my daughter, I only played it for a while to show her how use the controls and now I'm addicted to it. I'm seriously considering buying a DS just so I can play this game. It's got very cute graphics and quite oddball characters, but what I really like about it, is it`s just so damn relaxing. Just sit back and while away the time (no pressure like other games) do a spot of fishing, shell collecting, write a letter, or just have a gossip with the other charcters, even tree shaking is fun! (just looking to see what will fall out). I can totally recommend this game for kids (and adults) of all ages. A jolly good time will be had by all. Enjoy.

Killzone Liberation (PSP)
Killzone Liberation (PSP)
Offered by SelectGames

4.0 out of 5 stars killzone has that certain something, 22 Feb 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I just can't put this game down, no matter how many times I die, I still keep hitting that restart from last check point button. The graphics and controls are superb, the range of weapons, vehicles and maps keep it all fresh and unexpected, also it's one of the few games I'm determined to finish (I'm about 60% through at the mo). I've never written a review before, which if nothing else will tell you how much I like and would recommend this game. Roll on Killzone Lib 2.