Profile for A Silva > Reviews

Content by A Silva

A Silva (Edinburgh, UK)

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360)
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN
Price: 13.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for fitness at home, 8 Jan 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game just after Christmas to help me do some extra workouts when I can't motivate myself enough to go to the gym!

So far it's been excellent. The personal training sessions are broken down into short sections (probably about 6 minutes each) so you can build up as many or as few sessions as you want. they are also split into cardio, toning and sculpting so you can focus on one section each day or do a couple of sessions from each one.

Additionally there are gym games - quick fun games to bun a few extra calories and gym classes.

I haven't explored the gym classes much as yet - I've done a few of the Zen sessions which are yoga/tai chi based and one of the cardio boxing classes. Both were good and I think I will definitely do more of these classes. You can also buy more classes with Microsoft points on Xbox live. They currently have a New year programme, Bollywood dance, Toning and more boxing but I hear they are doing a "beach body" class for summer 2011 too.

I've been happy the the amount of programmes already available on the game and I'm nowhere near to having tried all of it yet! The personal trainer on the game also gives you feedback on how you're doing (lift your arms higher, slow down, etc) which is great.

Overall this is a great game You can track your progress on the Your Shape website which links to your xbox live profile and form there you can set challenges and goals to keep yourself motivated.

London Pottery 2 Cup Globe Teapot Pink
London Pottery 2 Cup Globe Teapot Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for one!, 24 Oct 2009
Just the right size for tea-for-one! I get two good cups out of this little tea pot. It also keeps my tea warm for ages.

Dazzling Bead & Wire Crafts
Dazzling Bead & Wire Crafts
by Mickey Baskett
Price: 9.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous designs, 24 Dec 2008
This is a stunning book full of modern and very wearable jewellery designs as well as some lovely ideas for the home. This book has just arrived and I am already brimming with ideas and can't wait to get started on my new projects. Highly reccommended!

Mother-of-pearl Jewellery
Mother-of-pearl Jewellery
by Sylvie Hooghe
Price: 11.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book of ideas!, 21 Dec 2008
This is one of the first bead books I ever bought. I love pearls, mother of pearl and natural beads and this book gave me some fantastic ideas for both classic and modern designs. I keep going back to this book for ideas, I only wish there were more pages and more ideas!

Beautiful Beads: How to Create Beautiful, Original Gifts and Jewellery for Every Occasion
by Alexandra Kidd

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for beginners, 13 Dec 2008
This book takes you through a lot of basic techniques for beading jewellery and other embellishments. It's a great little book that gives me lots of ideas and explains techniques really thoroughly. Although not all of the designs are to my taste, they can easily be adapted with a little imagination!

Our Wedding Journal (Interactive Journals)
Our Wedding Journal (Interactive Journals)
by Ryland Peters & Small
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 11.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Great keepsake and planner, 28 Jan 2008
I bought this book for a friend and wish I had seen one like this when I was planning. It doesn't have much in the the way of advice - a page or two for each section but has plenty of space to write down ideas, pockets to keep magazine clippings, business cards etc in for each section and will make a really nice keepsake when the wedding is over.