Profile for Meg > Reviews

Content by Meg

Meg

A Brewing Storm (part 1 of the Derrick Storm Trilogy) (Derrick Storm Trilogy E-Shorts)
Price: 1.49

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice easy read-will read the next one, 19 April 2014
I wasn't expecting the books to be so short for this price which is why the average rating. Although it's short, it still hasn't put me off reading the rest! Not a whirlwind novel that will sweep the world but what you would want and expect after watching the series.

314 (Widowsfield Trilogy)
314 (Widowsfield Trilogy)

4.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished, 26 Sep 2013
Really enjoyed this book once I'd gotten into it. It really draws you in with a lot of gory detail but want to read the rest now!!! A bit rushed maybe towards the end?

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars from a beginner, 21 July 2013
I consider myself pretty rubbish at most forms of exercise especially dvds as its so easy to Just turn them off. I feel jillian really helps you through it and motivates you Just when you need it, and considering it's only a twenty minute written out i was quivering right after and ached the next day. so if it's between a 20 min workout and an hour for the same result it's no contest. I've been doing level 1 now roughly every other day for two weeks and am already getting compliments. i look forward to getting to level 2!

Emily
Emily
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as lovely as Imogen, 13 July 2013
This review is from: Emily (Kindle Edition)
As usual from jilly cooper, a lovely book that you can read in a day without wanting to put it down. Though it was still lovely I just found out a little less charming and idealistic than the others in the series.

Buddhist Meditation Trainer
Buddhist Meditation Trainer

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth a go, 1 July 2013
This review is from: Buddhist Meditation Trainer (App)
Meditation hadn't really crossed my mind before seeing this app but now I use it pretty much every day and even look forward to it. Of course you don't need it to meditate as such but it's a great start for beginners with reminders, soothing sounds, images and thoughts to start your day

Pic IQ Quiz
Pic IQ Quiz

4.0 out of 5 stars American, 30 Jun 2013
This review is from: Pic IQ Quiz (App)
Only problem is you have to adjust to the American spellings and terms but other than that it's easy to use

Together Alone
Together Alone
Price: 7.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Together Alone (Audio CD)
I remember listening to this as a child and listening to it now just reminds me how magical it is. The lyrics they use make it so every word triggers your imagination and if i'm correct in thinking that it was written in New Zealand?...then you can really tell as the instruments and some music is almost tribal. Will definitely be listening to it when I'm next on a beach.

"Chill 'N Rock" Set Of 9 Whisky Soapstone's + muslin storage bag.
"Chill 'N Rock" Set Of 9 Whisky Soapstone's + muslin storage bag.
Offered by Dining Ware
Price: 13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected., 22 April 2013
I bought this for my boyfriend as he loves whiskey and spirits with ice. If you are one of those people who like in ice in your drink not only to keep it cold but also to slightly dilute it I obviously wouldn't recommend this item as it allows your drink to keep it cold without diluting it. However, I found that after having them in the freezer for quite a few days before using them, they still don't keep your drink as nice and cold as ice unless you have a really tiny amount, in which case you would probably drink it quicker than it has time to cool.

Schmidt Heart Throb Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 Pieces)
Schmidt Heart Throb Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 Pieces)
Price: 10.81

5.0 out of 5 stars The 'crack-cocaine' of jigsaw puzzles., 22 April 2013
I bought this for my mum for Christmas as she absolutely loves jigsaw puzzles that are bright and colourful. She doesn't think much of the ones that are purposely challenging or every piece is similar so I thought this would be perfect as each square has a different pattern, colour and heart inside with the same. I never thought i'd here the term 'crack-cocaine' associated with jigsaw puzzles but she has lent it to everyone she knows who enjoys jigsaws as it was so addictive and lovely to complete. Would highly recommend.

Werewolf Deluxe Nails
Werewolf Deluxe Nails
Offered by Cosmetic Solutions Inc.
Price: 4.89

3.0 out of 5 stars They're bigger than you think..., 22 April 2013
I chose this product for a vampire/monster makeup look i'm creating for a character in a short film. I thought it'd give a better effect if included monstrous hands/nails.
From the image you can't actually see just quite how big they are (I have quite small hands and nails anyway so these would definitely suit larger nails or men's fingers), but it was also the depth of them that struck me; because they have an effect that make them curl like claws, the inside of the nails are filled with some sort of heavy plastic/hard gel that make them at least maybe a 1cm in thickness and also quite heavy. Therefore the small amount of double sided sticky tape included doesn't hold them to the nail securely, you'll need some proper nail glue or something more adequately strong and probably have to re-apply throughout wearing. The thickness also means that you can't trim the width or size of the nails down to fit any smaller nails.
As long as you go in knowing this and prepare for the size, weight and glue you need I think you'll be happy with this product as they do actually give a really good effect all in all.