Profile for j devereaux > Reviews

j devereaux

Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Clogs, Navy, 5 UK
Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Clogs, Navy, 5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I COULDN'T CONTINUE WORKING WITHOUT THEM, 23 Jun. 2014
crocs saved my life! well, my choice of employment, anyway. i have been working on yachts as a chef (etc., etc.) for 25 years, and i'm on my feet between 12 and 20 hours per day.
my feet were always painful, no matter what i wore to begin with. but you live with it. however, after the first 5 years, my legs and feet started to swell if we had guests on the boat for longer than 2-3 weeks in a row...eeek! i really thought i would have to retire, as we started having people for more than 5 weeks. no amount of drugs, infusions or snatched rest with my feet above my head helped.
then along came a friend of ours, who had gotten himself a captain's job on the boat owned by the owners of crocs. he was giving these shoes away. we all said, NO, THEY ARE TOO UGLY! he said, TRY THEM. i did.
and i've never looked back!
i now own more than 5 pairs of all kinds, and some are not even ugly!
but these, my "cooking shoes," (which i'm wearing now!) are the best things on the planet, i don't care what they look like!
thanks, crocs! i'm your biggest fan.

LivOn Laboratories, Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C, 30 Packets, 0.2 fl oz (5.7 ml) Each
LivOn Laboratories, Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C, 30 Packets, 0.2 fl oz (5.7 ml) Each
Offered by reloads

5.0 out of 5 stars the best vitamin c ever, 20 Mar. 2014
first heard about this product from a friend in new zealand, who is using it to cure everything from the common cold to various forms of cancer (see the book, "Curing the Incurable.)
i personally have knowledge of 2 miracle cures using vitamin c, one was a coma patient who was suffering various very seroius infections in hospital and one (using this product) was a cat!!!
also my friend who takes this on a regular basis went on a 700k bike ride in INDIA...she was the only one who didn't get sick.
i wonder why?

Ripper Street [DVD]
Ripper Street [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew Macfadyen

5.0 out of 5 stars can't wait for the next installment!, 20 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Ripper Street [DVD] (DVD)
we loved this series. it was a little bit difficult for 2 american-born ex-pats to make out some of the language, but we got there in the end. this is wonderful stuff!
more, please!

The Killing - Series 1 [DVD] [2010]
The Killing - Series 1 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Sofie Gråbøl

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS, 14 Dec. 2013
this series will keep you on the edge of your seat! so many twists and turns in the plot, and you'll never guess who did it....and why! i still dream about these people, i do wonder what happened next in their lives...the actors are all THAT GOOD.
the sets are completely realistic, the camera is effortless, you get completely lost in the plot and the characters.
the subtitles don't always say everything that they are saying in danish, but you begin to pick up bits and pieces that fill in the spaces where there just simply isn't room to say more in english.
an excellent series, i hope these guys make more!
we will be re-gifting this for christmas!

The Sultan's Kitchen: A Turkish Cookbook
The Sultan's Kitchen: A Turkish Cookbook
by Ozcan Ozan

4.0 out of 5 stars the only turkish cookbook i've ever owned, 15 Jun. 2012
a great all-around book, falling apart after all this time (i've had mine for 11 years!!) it has done me very well with all our trips to turkey (i am cook on a yacht), always found something new to make & think about, the guests & crew have always loved these dishes, and that, after all, is the most important thing!
i'm finally going to buy another turkish cookbook this year. i'm telling myself it's because we'll be spending more time in turkey, but it's probably more because i want to use different recipes...it's probably about time! but i will keep my old stand-by onboard...just in case!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2013 7:27 AM BST