Profile for Jadi > Reviews

Cream Flower Design Retro Vintage Enamel Peg Bucket Box
Offered by east2eden
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and functional, 21 Aug 2014
This arrived promptly,and was just what I hoped for! Fun and functional,great buy.

Aren't We Sisters?
Aren't We Sisters?
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 21 Aug 2014
I loved this book. It's one of the few books I have read where I really could not see where the story was heading,it was so gripping and entrancing. It was also intriguing to learn about the start of birth control clinics, some thing I realized I knew very little about. Unusual story-line, wonderful and likeable characters....a brilliant read.

Her
Her
Price: 6.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Ultimately unconvincing...., 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Her (Kindle Edition)
Very well-written,gripping and clever...but ultimately unconvincing. We needed a much stronger reason for Nina's obsessive hatred for Emma. And as others have commented,the ending was disappointingly ambiguous,and rather spoiled the book for me.

A Cursed Inheritance: The Wesley Peterson Series: Book 9
A Cursed Inheritance: The Wesley Peterson Series: Book 9
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit predictable...., 16 April 2014
I really enjoy the Wesley Peterson novels and I'm currently trying to read my way through them. I love the links with ancient stories in each book,and like the characters too,except for the unbelievably annoying Pam. I also find the Wesley-Rachel chemistry too contrived. But the problem I had with this book was that I guessed the perpetrator very early on because the massacre described bore a strong resemblance to a famous real-life murder case. I hoped I was wrong,but I wasn't!

Kiss Me First
Kiss Me First
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but left me asking questions...(possible spoiler), 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me First (Kindle Edition)
This was a really interesting concept for a book, and on the whole I think it works well...Leila is just about on the right side of annoying to want to hear her story but I did feel that there were a few things that were left unexplained. Not wanting to give much away for people who haven't read it, but the 'Connor' character, who becomes so important appeared to also be hinted at as having his own secrets...one particular moment is mentioned where his view of a 'works do' is considerably different to Leila, who was there herself. Anyone else notice this, or am I being dim? This felt like a signpost for a twist but weirdly never seemed to be explored...great debut novel though.

Beardsley - Peacock Skirt Poster - 86x61cm
Beardsley - Peacock Skirt Poster - 86x61cm
Offered by stickitonyourwall
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely poster, 10 Oct 2013
I had been looking for a copy of The Peacock Skirt for a while and was disappointed to see so many versions were "cut-down" and incomplete. But this was a poster of the entire picture,and at an excellent price. Very pleased.

Precious Thing
Precious Thing
Price: 4.49

3.0 out of 5 stars That front cover...., 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Precious Thing (Kindle Edition)
There are so many good,well-written psychological thrillers out there at the moment,that it's becoming a bit difficult to find one where the twists aren't easy to spot! This was an enjoyable and,at times intriguing read,but I was hoping for one or two more surprising revelations in the last chapters,and the ending was rather disappointing. The media presenter background reminded me a little of Sabine Durrant's "Under Your Skin". And why on earth is the front cover emblazoned with the words: "Don't believe a word she says..." Why reveal one of the plot elements like that? Very strange decision.

The Orphan Choir (Hammer)
The Orphan Choir (Hammer)
Price: 3.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 30 Sep 2013
I found this a very disappointing read. An intriguing title...but it did not live up to expectations. Like other readers,I could not accept that any mother would allow her young child to be sent to boarding school if she hated the idea. Nothing about the too-slowly developing story was remotely scary or creepy and I felt the whole plot-line had not been worked out carefully enough. To compare this book to "The Woman in Black" as the cover declared,is a preposterous joke.

Crime Writers: A Decade of Crime
Crime Writers: A Decade of Crime
Price: 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 10 Aug 2013
For the price,I would have expected more than six stories,and they were not memorable ones.The P.D.James and Val McDermid were probably the best of a so-so bunch. I was particularly disappointed with the Ann Cleeves which was implausible and silly even for a crime fiction tale,and I usually love her work.

Close My Eyes
Close My Eyes
Price: 3.66

2.0 out of 5 stars Silly...., 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: Close My Eyes (Kindle Edition)
This began quite promisingly. I was intrigued and gripped for the first few chapters. But as soon as we were into car-chases,shootings and muggings,I began to lose interest,I prefer psychological thrillers to be a bit more subtle. Most decent thrillers need some suspension of disbelief, but this plot became unbelievable to the point of silliness. And throwing in a sickly-sweet instant romance did not help.There is one good twist(not the identity of the main "villain",that's easily guessed from the middle of the story)which is revealed towards the end. One for the charity bag,I'm afraid.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7