ARRAY(0xa61361a4)

Profile for Liz Lucas > Reviews

Content by Liz Lucas

Liz Lucas

Seconds Away (Mickey Bolitar)
Seconds Away (Mickey Bolitar)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pacey Mickey Bolitar Novel, enjoyable read, 3 Oct 2013
So if you love Myron then you will love Mickey, although the lad has issues he is still as likeable as his Uncle. This is a fast paced mystery thriller which explores some interesting themes whilst having an intriguing plot that keeps you guessing till the end will not leave you disappointed, in fact, it is arguably better than the first of the series, Shelter.

I enjoyed this book as it combines lightweight banter with food for thought, take from it what you will, the book is a cleverly crafted plot around some increasingly likable characters. You wont be disappointed.

I am glad Myron is still around although I do miss Win!

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen [DVD]
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ewan McGregor

4.0 out of 5 stars Good adaptation, but the book is better, 11 Mar 2013
Having laughed out loud when reading the book I had high expectations. Sadly, this film left me feeling a little short changed.
Starting well, with a promising plot, the film peters off towards the end and what's more, the ending is a mellowed version of the book.
Having said that, this film is an easy watch, amusing and well made so I have awarded it 4 stars - you will enjoy it, but be warned it will leave you wanting at the end.
If you have the inclination, I recommend you read the book first, you will always enjoy the film later. The book isn't particularly long and is a good read :)

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
by John Le Carré

1.0 out of 5 stars Confusing & self indulgent - sorry, dont waste your time, 27 April 2012
Deeply disappointed with this confusing and complex novel. Nothing seems to get explained or cleared up and I ploughed through the book carefully, thinking it would have an "ahh, now I get it" moment - which never came!
Potentially a great story and plot but written in a self indulgent manner that doesn't take into account that the reader doesnt know whats going on.
I wish I hadnt started it, glad that I persevered and finsihed it because that's what I think i should do(!) but overall think it was a waste of my precious reading time.
Not satisfying, choose something else if I were you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2013 12:07 PM GMT

Restless
Restless
by William Boyd

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended - an excellent read, 4 Aug 2011
This review is from: Restless (Paperback)
A thriller with intriguing twists that is easy to read and, quite frankly, un-put-downable.

From a moderately steady start, the story soon clicks into a faster pace, with strands of the story weaving into an interesting web. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and have read it more than once, which is unusual for me.

I would recommend to men and women alike.

Certainly pack it in your bag for an entertaining holiday read.

William Boyd had written s short masterpeice here.

Head Over Heels (A chick lit novel about love, friendship...and shoes)
Head Over Heels (A chick lit novel about love, friendship...and shoes)

4.0 out of 5 stars Summer Read, 24 Jun 2011
This is a light summer read that will appeal to women of all ages. The plight of Grace will resonate in the hearts of lots of women and how she moves through life is interesting and plausable. There are lots of amusing sides to the story line and a few twists and turns that keep you interested to the end.
A rollicking chic lit that poses questions but is easy to read.

Enjoy!

Blue Friendship Bracelet blue and Black 925 silver plated, Friendship Bracelet White Silver and Black Silver Plated with heart fastener

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab bracelet, 21 Jun 2011
Lovely bracelet, clasp is good and design feels of good quality. Came in a little bag and box great for wrapping as present. Arrived in good time too, very pleased.

Umi Junior Louisa White Sports Sandal 33405-100 11 Child UK
Umi Junior Louisa White Sports Sandal 33405-100 11 Child UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but small, 21 Jun 2011
Lovely sporty sandal - quality looks great and it arrived in good time. However, the sizing is small, my daughter measures 10.5 shoe size so I ordered the 11 and it fits snuggly with little space at the toe for any growth. Am going to order next size up or else she will be out of them before the summer starts.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Playing cards, 7 Aug 2010
Arrived in good time to go on holiday and really too good for general use, but being so well priced it's not too much of a worry.
Lovely, smooth clear cards. Good for any games including Bridge.
I like these cards.

On the Farm Jigsaw (12 PC)
On the Farm Jigsaw (12 PC)
Offered by Alicia's Toy Castle

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill Puzzle, 7 Aug 2010
This review is from: On the Farm Jigsaw (12 PC) (Toy)
I bought this for my nearly-three-yr-old daughter and she immediately wanted to have a go. The colours are bright and the animals engaging and simple enough for a youngster.

The sturdy pieces are ideal for small hands and the tray helps get the jigsaw started.

The only downside is that it doesn't come in a box and so storage may be a hassle. Dont you just hate it when you lose one piece? It ruins the entire jigsaw - so be aware that it arrives plastic wrapped in its tray.

As I am one of those parents who believes that doing jigsaw puzzles is very good for tiny minds I am going to buy more from the range. I have had enough of flimsy, poor quality jigsaws, this is just what we need.