Profile for Liz Lucas > Reviews

Content by Liz Lucas

Liz Lucas

Page: 1 | 2
MelodySusie® High Quality New Fashion Fluffy Fancy Black Long Full Wig Hair Curl Wigs + MelodySusie® Wig Cap + MelodySusie® Wig Comb
Offered by MelodySusie Plaza

5.0 out of 5 stars Good wig - good price, 18 Nov. 2014
Great wig and decent enough quality. For the price you cant go wrong with this wig. At the party it got good comments and it has packed away easily enough. It came with a special comb for grooming it and some pigeon English instructions which weren't that useful - but you don't need them its simple - pull your hair back, stick on the net wig they sent you if you want, put the wig ontop - job done!

Moth Smoke
Moth Smoke

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but a little slow, 18 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Moth Smoke (Kindle Edition)
I vastly preferred the Reluctant Fundamentalist, the author's subsequent offering. This book rambles a bit and I had little sympathy with the leading characters.
On the plus side, its a great insight into the culture and status quo of the characters life in modern day times and how different societies are in different parts of the world - this made it an interesting enough read and worth ploughing through to the end.

2 Pairs of Ladies Pink Wool Coolmax Walking Socks - Hiking
2 Pairs of Ladies Pink Wool Coolmax Walking Socks - Hiking
Offered by W Brewin & Co Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value walking socks, 18 Nov. 2014
I've recently walked in these quite a bit and they are still good as new. They are comfortable, don't make my feet sweat and wash well. For the price I think they are great value.

Rolson 61738 21 LED Head Lamp
Rolson 61738 21 LED Head Lamp

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value head torch, 18 Nov. 2014
Easy to use and worked well.

10 Neon Pink Plastic Champagne Flutes - 5 FL OZ
10 Neon Pink Plastic Champagne Flutes - 5 FL OZ
Offered by Party Savvy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Nov. 2014
These are great, the colours are vivid and the price is good.
You have to ensure you fit the bottoms on properly, if they are not firmly assembled the bottoms can fall off mid sip! Apart from that, they are washable and re-usable and are an excellent colourful addition to a child's party table, the children loved drinking their juice out of these.

Rubie's Bollywood Leading Lady Fancy Dress (Medium)
Rubie's Bollywood Leading Lady Fancy Dress (Medium)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value outfit but the material is cheap, 18 Nov. 2014
This is a great outfit if you don't mind the cheap material. I needed it for a fancy dress evening and didn't want to splash out too much and so this fit the bill. However - it is cheap material, and it looks cheap too. I found though, that it was well made and so therefore good value, which was why I gave it four stars.

Tonbux?10.1" Google Android 4.4 Kitkat A31S Quad Core Tablet PC Bluetooth HDMI WIFI 16GB

1.0 out of 5 stars Full of potential but software just not robust enough, 18 Nov. 2014
What a shame. The tablet has crashed and I cant get it to work, so regrettably having to return it.
I was so pleased with it initially - it started up easily, connected to our wifi easily, charged up each time with no problem, the battery life was good. In fact, this little tablet was surpassing all my expectations - until this weekend, when it crashed. I have only had it for less than two months and so this is unacceptable in terms of quality. Even though the price was very good, the tablet does not meet fit for purpose standards, by breaking down a few weeks after purchase, it is just not good enough. Like I said it is a shame but beware if you purchase this item, it just doesn't last.

Seconds Away (Mickey Bolitar Book 2)
Seconds Away (Mickey Bolitar Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pacey Mickey Bolitar Novel, enjoyable read, 3 Oct. 2013
So if you love Myron then you will love Mickey, although the lad has issues he is still as likeable as his Uncle. This is a fast paced mystery thriller which explores some interesting themes whilst having an intriguing plot that keeps you guessing till the end will not leave you disappointed, in fact, it is arguably better than the first of the series, Shelter.

I enjoyed this book as it combines lightweight banter with food for thought, take from it what you will, the book is a cleverly crafted plot around some increasingly likable characters. You wont be disappointed.

I am glad Myron is still around although I do miss Win!

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen [DVD]
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ewan McGregor

4.0 out of 5 stars Good adaptation, but the book is better, 11 Mar. 2013
Having laughed out loud when reading the book I had high expectations. Sadly, this film left me feeling a little short changed.
Starting well, with a promising plot, the film peters off towards the end and what's more, the ending is a mellowed version of the book.
Having said that, this film is an easy watch, amusing and well made so I have awarded it 4 stars - you will enjoy it, but be warned it will leave you wanting at the end.
If you have the inclination, I recommend you read the book first, you will always enjoy the film later. The book isn't particularly long and is a good read :)

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
by John Le Carré

1.0 out of 5 stars Confusing & self indulgent - sorry, dont waste your time, 27 April 2012
Deeply disappointed with this confusing and complex novel. Nothing seems to get explained or cleared up and I ploughed through the book carefully, thinking it would have an "ahh, now I get it" moment - which never came!
Potentially a great story and plot but written in a self indulgent manner that doesn't take into account that the reader doesnt know whats going on.
I wish I hadnt started it, glad that I persevered and finsihed it because that's what I think i should do(!) but overall think it was a waste of my precious reading time.
Not satisfying, choose something else if I were you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2013 12:07 PM GMT