Profile for Chris B > Reviews

Content by Chris B

Chris B "Chris" (Oxfordshire)

H7 100W XENON SUPER BRIGHT WHITE LIGHT HEADLIGHT BULBS AUDI A3 SPORTBACK
H7 100W XENON SUPER BRIGHT WHITE LIGHT HEADLIGHT BULBS AUDI A3 SPORTBACK
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

1.0 out of 5 stars **Warning Review Updated**, 18 Nov. 2015
*** PLEASE SEE UPDATED REVIEW AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS INITIAL REVIEW***

After buying quite a few bulbs from auction sites which turned out to be rubbish I decided to try these.
There is a noticeable difference, much whiter, so to help you I have attached a before (left) & after (right) pictures.
Driving at night it's now much brighter with a blue hint resulting in a safer lit driving experience.

(just to make you aware the side lights are not included these are 10SMD LED which also look great)

*** I bought a further 2 packs of these bulbs (3 packs in total) After approx 6 weeks after installing these bulbs, one blew, then the following day another blew. I have now over the last 3 weeks changed 5 out of the 6 bulbs purchased & they keep blowing. There is nothing wrong with the car as I have had other bulbs in that have been fine for months & have had the car electronics tested. I have contacted the seller about this & you guessed it, no reply.

Also I must add that the bulbs that were fitted before these did not give off great light but replacing these bulbs with these H7 100w ones initially the night vision was better. However after driving my other half's car fitted with STANDARD FACTORY BULBS the night vision was much much much better!

I would not buy these bulbs for:
1 - They are not reliable
2 - The night vision is not that great compared to standard bulbs
3 - The service, well I'm still waiting to hear back from them & don't think I will after 10 days of waiting..
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2015 1:05 PM GMT

The Last Man On Earth Season 1
The Last Man On Earth Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing Surprise, 29 Sept. 2015
I discovered this series by accident & have to say that it's really quite funny! The length of the episodes are perfect at approx 20 mins giving you the opportunity to fit them in any time of day leaving you wanting to know what's going to happen on the next episode. Light hearted easy watching a new angle on comedy with LoL moments.

Zune - Portable Media Player
Zune - Portable Media Player

5.0 out of 5 stars * * * * BRILLIANT !!!! * * * *, 6 April 2007
I am going to keep this review plain & simple. Having owning an ipod for some time I have found the Zune to be far better, simple as that. No problems what so ever. Put it this way I have just bought my second Zune for my partner! There are a lot of reviews on this giving it a low score, they are just bitter, feel threatened as they are blinkered ipod fans. (The ones who also will properly buy a PS3)

Down sides are that as the device is not out in the UK until later this year (unless bought from an auction site) therefore even if you have a Xbox live account with Microsoft points you still cannot buy songs from the Zune marketplace (which is an extremely good marketplace, you can now download it to from zune.net to give you a taster) until it is realised later in 2007. Yes the Zune syncs to your gamer tag Microsoft account, enabling you to use your Microsoft points. When this happens you will also be able to stream video & songs through your Xbox 360! However you can still download form other MP3 sites & until it is fully realised in the UK rip your own CD's, pictures & film collection to it.

So if you do not own a MP3 or MP4 player yet, I highly recommend this device & if you own an Xbox 360 then it is a `must' that you own one of these. The sound quality is out of this world & even on volume level 1 you can still here every note. I hope these few words help your decision-making.

Doom 3: Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox)
Doom 3: Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox)
Offered by Gateway Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars BROWN TROUSER TIME!!, 13 April 2005
I have grown up the Doom series & am currently a big fan of the Rainbow Six series & not a fan of Halo2. I bought this game as a gap filler until Lockdown comes out, thinking form past reviews that it might be ok.
I first tried about 10 mins of the bonus games; Doom & Doom II. It made me laugh to start with as the graphics look really dated but game play is still excellent & it all came flooding back to me, how to dodge Imps fire balls, maps etc.
Ok, now Doom 3. Well I am writing this as I am only 2 hrs into the game & felt so compelled to let you know what its like.
I am gob smacked! I am 35 yrs old & laugh out loud when anyone jumps while watching a scary movie. Believe me!! I have never jumped so much in 2 hrs in my life whilest playing this game!!
The graphics are amazing & attention to detail is endless. This game is fantastic it feels & plays like the first Doom games but improved by 170%. This game has got so much going for it, my ears have not experienced anything like it, if you have suround sound your jaw will drop.
LIVE:
Have only played this game for an hour on live in Co-Op mode & makes you laugh out loud at the sounds your partner makes with pure fear as they venture face on with an creature of the dark.
**WARNING** How long can YOU sit playing this game in the dark with 5.1 suround sound??? I gave you about 5 mins before you start crying for your mom & that applies to any age!!
A very, VERY Good game!!

Halo 2 - Limited Edition In Metal Box (XBOX)
Halo 2 - Limited Edition In Metal Box (XBOX)
Offered by Planet Games And Gadgets

3.0 out of 5 stars Dont believe the hype, 15 Mar. 2005
In short, the game is put together very well. The graphics engine has had a slight tuning since Halo. The story line is average & the whole thing is over in a couple of days with a VERY sudden poor ending. Yes there are some great bits in the game but it looks like they rushed the ending when making it.
Xbox Live FPS fans will be dissapointed as this is a Fisher Price version of a FPS for kids. The live lobby or finding a game is unfriendly & once your in a game there is no structure, teamwork or stealth as seen in games such as the Rainbow 6 series. Options for adapting the game to your rules are very limited, for instance you cannot turn off the radar in Head to Head mode so all you end up doing is run around until you find the red dot on the radar. The best thing about Halo 2 is the web site where you can see your stats, for instance where abouts on the map you keep getting shot, who shot you etc & so on.
Let sleeping dogs lie, this game should not have been made as it had a huge mountain to climb to beat Halo. Halo has better impact & keeps you gripped from start to finish. Remember the first time you experienced the Flood.
You will find that this very short review is telling you as it is, next time you are in a games store, just look at how many second hand copies there are for sale, need I say more.

Sony MDR-RF815RK Cordless Headphones
Sony MDR-RF815RK Cordless Headphones

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor design, 6 Nov. 2002
I have been looking for a decent pair of wireless headphones for a while & being such a fan of Sony I decided to buy these phones. The reviews are great & the price was right too. The sound quality from these is amazing, at last I had found the headphones I was looking for.
There is one drawback, these headphones are wireless therefore freeing you to walk around the house with these attached, listening to your favourtie tunes. That is until you look down, or walk around then you will feel them sliding off your head. The whole point of wirless headphones is that it frees you to move around the house but as they kept falling off it defeated one of the main goals of this design.
Dont get me wrong the sound is fantastic but if you are going to buy these to free up your movement dont bother, or you will feel as if you are walking around with a book on your head, well at least over time, it will make you walk with a straight back when you are not wearing them.