Profile for Chris.healey > Reviews

Content by Chris.healey

Chris.healey

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Drowning (Patrick Hedstrom and Erica Falck, Book 6)
The Drowning (Patrick Hedstrom and Erica Falck, Book 6)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Aug 2014
The distinctive feature of these books is the mixture of mystery, past calling to present, and truthful domesticity. They make undemanding reading because the excellence of the writing makes the process disappear, leaving only the story.

The Lost City
The Lost City
Price: 0.59

5.0 out of 5 stars very pretty, 29 July 2014
This review is from: The Lost City (App)
A good 5 hours of entertainment for less than a pound is good value. Graphics are lovely, as the seasons change, and there's a helpful map, populated as you explore, and easily-accessed hints when you're stuck. It makes other games look expensive by comparison. If,like me, you play escape games, don't expect to solve each puzzle as you come to it. You will eventually find the bits you need, so keep exploring and collecting until you can put the pieces together.

World Escape
World Escape
Price: 0.59

4.0 out of 5 stars good fun, 27 July 2014
This review is from: World Escape (App)
It took just over two hours to complete all levels (though I had to go to the walkthrough at level 12) so that's about 25p per hour. Not bad value, and entertaining, though some of the objects are completely mystifying which always seems a bit unfair as solutions are random chance.

Can you escape 3D
Can you escape 3D
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars keep going, it's worth it, 26 July 2014
This review is from: Can you escape 3D (App)
This is three games. The first two are relatively simple (find the tool, use it to find another tool etc) but the highlight was game 3, Prison. Works on the same principle but more challenging. You even very one free hint (which I had to use) for that one. Otherwise, hints have to be bought, so use your free hint wisely!
Very good for a free game - get used to ignoring adverts and amusing product placement in the first two games - and occupied the wee hours for me!

The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition)
The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars fascinating, entertaining and challenging, 18 Jun 2014
Ridiculously pleased with myself for completing 2 rooms so far with no cheats. However, I did pick up hints from other reviews, so do remember to use the spyglass each time you uncover something new, check each inventory item carefully, and you will sometimes need to tilt, turn, use more than 1 finger...
The design is gorgeous, very rich in detail and effects. I've never left the sound on in a game before, but I do.recommend that you do - it really adds to the experience.
Worth every penny (or Amazon coin)

Blindsided (A Thriller)
Blindsided (A Thriller)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars tight thriller, 27 May 2014
A story with plenty of development and well drawn characters. For my taste this is too short, but all credit to the author for filling the space with well-written narrative.
I will look for more.

PLATINUM 32GB TWS USB Drive - Neon Yellow
PLATINUM 32GB TWS USB Drive - Neon Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat, and quick to work, 10 May 2014
Ordered the neon yellow version, so I could find it easily in my bag. It sets up quickly when inserted into a computer, and does what its supposed to. I like the way the handle folds up to protect the USB, too.

Lenovo X201 - Microsoft Authorised Refurbisher Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium Ultra Portable Laptop - Intel i3 4.26 (2 x 2.13Ghz Ultra Low Voltage CPU) 4GB RAM 250Gb HDD - Wireless - Webcam- Includes Avira Antivirus + Cloud Back up + BRAND NEW BATTERY & POWER SUPPLY!!!
Offered by PortableParts-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat, robust and quick, 10 May 2014
I wanted Windows 7, so reluctantly bought this refurbished baby laptop, instead of a new one.
However, it's faster than many a new laptop (mine has an i3 processor) and the laptop is in really good condition, with a couple of small marks on the screen that I don't even notice.
Came with clear setup instructions, suitable for someone who is confident to load software etc., and you do need an external dvd drive if you want to use disks. Struggled to find the SD-card slot, but found the Lenovo specs online and located the unmarked slot at the right front edge. The mouse pad is viciously sensitive, so I'll need to spend a bit of time sorting that out, and I'd have liked a list of the function keys. These pop up as 'hints' when the computer thinks you need them, but I've yet to locate a list (and heaven knows what the grey 'thinkpad' button does) A couple of irritations, like the position of the control key, but I can live with that.
One nasty moment, which prevents me giving the 5 stars I'd otherwise give this product: I took the laptop with me to a meeting, then when I got back home it couldn't see its own hard drive and refused to open. I was anticipating a battle with the refurbisher, but it worked after a few hours rest. Now, of course, I'm wondering whether this is going to repeat and prove impossible to resolve.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Ink Blue (will only fit Kindle Paperwhite)
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent protection, 10 May 2014
I wanted a stout cover for my Kindle, as I intended to travel abroad. This one was on offer (bought with a paperwhite) and I think it would protect under most knocks and drops. Solidly made, a tight fit, and handily turns the Kindle on when you open the cover (and off when you close it).
Adds considerably to the Kindle's weight, though - so that might be a consideration for you if you're carrying it around in a pocket or handbag.

Price: 109.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Performs as advertised, 10 May 2014
I've really enjoyed getting my hands on a paperwhite, having had the older version (without backlight) before.
The display is very clear, with adjustable light, and books are displayed with their covers (I think you can have them listed instead) which makes it much easier to identify. There are one or two features that help to 'flick' through a book, which is helpful if you need a reminder of events so far.
The 'experimental browser' is just about good enough to look for books online, or look up a reference - which is fine. I'm less keen on the lack of option to turn pages with a button instead of a finger touch. It's less easy to read one-handed, (impossible in gloves) and it's easy to make an error when trying to use your left hand to go forward.
With the paperwhite leather cover, this is not light, but still weighs no more than a biggish paperback.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5