Profile for Maureen > Reviews

Content by Maureen

Maureen (Sheffield)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Really Useful Filing Box Plastic with 10 suspension files A4 19 Litre W290xD255xH395mm Ref 19C&10susp
Offered by Office Nerd
Price: 18.08

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect solution to home filing needs, 17 Aug 2014
I have been on a quest to finally sort out our home papers and had been looking for ideas all over the internet for the best possible solution to the problem. Enter suspension files. But my tiny study is a squash and a squeeze and I couldn't possibly fit a proper filing cabinet in there.
This Really Useful Filing Box is the perfect solution. A sturdy, neat box which comes inclusive of 10 suspension files to get you started. I read a few reviews and bought the angled Post-it file tabs (24 pack) along with the box file. I am so pleased to say that already I am well on my way to a much more organized home filing system. The files glide easily enough inside the box and together with the tabs, I can alphabetically arrange everything in there.
There is still a way to go and I have very quickly run out of the suspension files. So I have ordered another pack of A4 suspension files along with manilla dividers to keep everything in its proper place. It's amazing how something so apparently boring like filing papers can feel exciting if you've got the right tools at hand. Even my husband is getting into the organizing spirit, haha. Don't hesitate, go buy this box but DO get a pack of those sticky file labels and a Sharpie marker to name your files. For more ideas, scan Pinterest. I'll definitely be ordering more!

Karrimor Tritan Bottle 1L
Karrimor Tritan Bottle 1L
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Karrimor Tritan Bottle 1L (Misc.)
Bought this bottle to keep a check on my water intake. (I don't feel thirsty too much and need to keep reminding myself to drink water). For the purpose, this bottle is ideal. Nice clean fuss-free design and a wide mouth to make cleaning easy. The volume markings are clear as well. I just don't think it will be any good if you dropped it while it is full of water. I think the plastic - though seemingly good quality - will keep up. But as I'm mostly using it indoors, it is fine. I would recommend it, though not for active travelling.

Pure Bliss Small Cow
Pure Bliss Small Cow
Price: 11.71

5.0 out of 5 stars A darling little lovey, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Pure Bliss Small Cow (Toy)
I'm surprised there are no other reviews of this little cow. It really is a darling little thing with a removable rice pack inside it. I bought it to provide a lovey for my 6 month old baby and she has really taken to this toy. It is just so incredibly soft and cuddly, the perfect size for a little baby to hold and snuggle up with while sleeping.
Once you take out the rice pack, the toy is very light too and easy for baby to toss about and play with. My baby has really become attached to it and goes to sleep with one hand on the cow's head. She coos and "talks" to it in her cot and it really does comfort her really well. I shall buy another one, just in case this one gets accidentally lost somewhere.
Highly recommended!a

Inflatable World Globe
Inflatable World Globe
Offered by Boho Island
Price: 0.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Inflatable World Globe (Toy)
Quite a flimsy feeling little globe, poorly printed unfortunately because a number of country and city names have arrived "rubbed off". I'm just starting to teach my toddler about the Earth so for that, it's okay but I really wouldn't pay more than 0.99 for this as it is.

Ravensburger The Gruffalo Mini Memory
Ravensburger The Gruffalo Mini Memory
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet little memory game, 28 Mar 2014
I saw a variety of memory card games at my toddler's nursery and thought about investing in one myself. My little girl loves all things related to the Gruffalo so this was the ideal game.
It is the perfect size, good quality and at a very good price. The cards are small but brightly printed, there is a little instructions manual that accompanies the game and all the cards fit nicely into their little box for easy storage or carrying around.
Even though my little one cannot play by the rules yet, she loves to pick up the little cards in her hands and match pairs.
The size of the cards is perfect for little hands and robust enough for 2+ year olds.
I'm surprised there are no other reviews for this product but I suspect that is because it is a fairly recent listing. The cards had a 2014 copyright printed on them.
Very pleased with my purchase and look forward to many more memory games with my little one.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2014 12:02 AM BST

32MB BLACK 1.5 inch Digital Photo Frame Key ring with Built-in Rechargeable Battery....USB....Plug & Play (No Installation Software Required)
Offered by Laptop Kit UK
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Pixelated, poor quality images. Can't recognize up-close shots! Good seller though., 3 Mar 2014
My toddler daughter has recently joined nursery and was getting separation anxiety. I was advised by her key person to give her some photos to keep with her that she could look at and feel comforted. This key ring seemed like the perfect, cheap on-the-go solution. Not so, I'm afraid.
The image quality is terrible, more pixelated than the images you would get on old Nokia phones. I uploaded a handful of close-ups ... my daughter couldn't recognize mum or dad!
While the disclosure of a small screen is certainly there, the full impact of this hit home upon turning the key ring on. It's truly tiny. Top it off with the poor image quality and you have pretty much chucked your money down the drain.
I have opened up a returns claim, let's see how the seller responds. If they respond favourably, I shall up the rating.
Very disappointed as I really liked the idea of this product.

UPDATE -

After returning the product for a refund, I must say the seller was very prompt and cooperative and refunded me in full for the product and the postage. So very good on customer service. Shame the product wasn't up to scratch.

Pocket Colour Wheel, Aid to help you mix colours
Pocket Colour Wheel, Aid to help you mix colours
Offered by The Artisan Art Shop
Price: 2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant resource to have for various purposes, 23 Feb 2014
I am someone who has very little idea of putting together a stylish wardrobe. I read somewhere that a colour wheel is a good resource to have at hand. It enables you to brainstorm different colour combinations for whatever you are working on. For this purpose, this colour wheel is an excellent tool.

This particular one has been made in the USA and comprises two card discs that rotate around a centre. On one side, you can learn about colour MIXING. On the other side, you can learn about COMPLIMENTARY colours.

The quality is slick and it is very easy to use once you give it a quick once-over.

I would highly recommend it to any art student, design enthusiast or someone like myself who is clueless about colour combinations and is looking for ideas to put together a decent wardrobe.

Philips AVENT SCF170/18 Translucent Soother (0-6 Months - 2-Pack)
Philips AVENT SCF170/18 Translucent Soother (0-6 Months - 2-Pack)
Price: 4.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Colours not as described., 23 Feb 2014
I placed an order for these soothers as I expected them to be of the same colour as in the photo - a light green soother and a light purple soother. To my disappointment, I received two identical dark purple ones so there is nothing to differentiate between them.

I didn't return them because my baby is used to Avent soothers. But I am disappointed with Amazon for putting up a misleading image (or for sending goods that are not as advertised).

Indeed if I had ordered more than one set, I would be in a pickle as it would be hard for me to remember which one has been used and which one is sterilized. But I keep the sterilized soothers in a special pouch so I know exactly which ones are good to be used.

On the plus side, if your are considering soothers for your baby, I would recommend Avent as they come with individual caps to keep them hygienic.

Amazon, up your game please.

HEAVY DUTY MULTI-PURPOSE DIY TOOL STORAGE BAG CASE WITH SHOULDER STRAP NEW
HEAVY DUTY MULTI-PURPOSE DIY TOOL STORAGE BAG CASE WITH SHOULDER STRAP NEW
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bag at an excellent price, 7 Feb 2014
This is a lovely, sturdy tool bag and perfect for keepy everyday lightweight household tools. Plenty of pockets for smaller fiddly bits too and the overall handling is very ergonomic for lifting and carrying. Highly recommended!

18 Sizes 36cm Bamboo Knitting Needles Single Pointed Sizes 2.0-10.0mm
18 Sizes 36cm Bamboo Knitting Needles Single Pointed Sizes 2.0-10.0mm
Offered by SWEETY LIFE
Price: 4.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, 7 Feb 2014
I am an absolute beginner knitter and for me, these needles are great due their light weight and easy handling. I have started knitting a chunky snood and hardly feel the weight in my hands.
I do believe that the very fine needles are of little use (but hey, what do I know eh?)
If instead, the manufacturers could have invested in a basic needles case, that would be more value for money. I don't think I will ever be using the very fine needles because they really seem to be as thin as toothpicks!
I think 9 sizes + a needles case would make the perfect product. Still, I would recommend these.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15