Profile for Mr. Brian Taylor > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Chacon 54419 Colour Weather Station with Barometer and Wireless Outdoor Sensor
Chacon 54419 Colour Weather Station with Barometer and Wireless Outdoor Sensor

5.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD LOOKING WEATHER STATION, 13 Mar. 2015
I really like this weather station, it came a couple of days earlier than expected and coupled with the outside temperature sensor as soon as I put the batteries in. It comes beautifully packed and it looks really smart. I have checked it against others that I have and it seems to be pretty accurate. One thing I really like is the fact that the date is UK style and it shows the 1st 3 figures of the day in a little box. In poor light it is difficult to read but it does have a button to light the display for a few seconds when needed. I have purchased a regulated power supply and plug it in the provided socket at the back of the unit, this gives a permanent light display. The power unit was only £4:58, an absolute bargain at that price, but be careful that you do get the Regulated voltage one, some others are unregulated and yet cost more money and can put out as much as 7volts on the 3 volt setting unloaded.

MiniSun 4w Red LED BC B22 Coloured Golfball Energy Saving Long Life Light Bulb
MiniSun 4w Red LED BC B22 Coloured Golfball Energy Saving Long Life Light Bulb
Offered by The Light Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service., 4 Aug. 2014
This bulb only uses 4 watts instead of the 65 watts that the original Fire glow tungsten lamps 65 watts. Not only does it give a brighter light than the original (which frankly amazed me) but it will last many times longer.

The service could not have been any better, the bulb was dispatched on the same day that I ordered it and arrived the following day.

I highly recommend this company and will be placing further orders with them soon.

Obviously there is not enough heat produced to turn the little fan, but frankly I don't care, I still get a nice looking fire/

Gravity [DVD] [2013]
Gravity [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Sandra Bullock

1.0 out of 5 stars TOTALLY OVERHYPED MOVIE, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Gravity [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Let me start by saying that I'm a great fan of SPACE MOVIES, SCI FI etc. and was really looking forward to Gravity. 7 Oscars and rave reviews, I could hardly wait for release day in UK. I bought the 3D version which gave me 3D,Bluray and ultra violet. I popped it into my player and settled down to watch it on my 55" TV. This was the 3D version and I thought I was in for a real thrill, but how wrong I was.

I just don't get it, there are at least 150 reviews on here giving it rave reviews and mostly 5 stars, so obviously it just seems to be that my opinion differs from the majority,

I found the film to be a total bore and I was almost grateful when it ended. The sound is poor especially at the start and the dialogue and plot are almost non existent. I wasn't even impressed with the quality of the picture, it wasn't as crisp as others I've seen and before people say it must be my TV, I have other large screen TV's and it's the same on all of them.

I have tried on 2 top range players so that isn't the problem, the sad fact is that the film just isn't very good. I even tried the 2D version but must admit it is better in 3D.

Definitely the most disappointing movie I've seen in a long time.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2014 9:37 AM GMT

Original Sky+ Remote Control
Original Sky+ Remote Control

5.0 out of 5 stars Best replacement for Sky +, 27 April 2013
There are many replacement remotes for Sky but most are twice or even 3 times the price, this one is made by Philips and works perfectly, I would recommend this product without hesitation for anyone needing a new controller for their aging Sky plus box

Final Destination 5 (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + UV Copy) [2011] [Region Free]
Final Destination 5 (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + UV Copy) [2011] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Emma Bell
Offered by Discs4all

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent movie in 3d blu- ray, 27 April 2013
This movie is basically the same format as the previous ones but I enjoyed it, especially the 3D which is really effective. If you liked the previous ones I'd say buy it and enjoy. The first one was the best in my opinion but I have the complete set and like them all.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Works better than the original, 27 April 2013
This remote works very well and it's a bargain at the price asked. It was delivered to my door the very next day post free, now that's some service! I would have given it the full 5 stars but it doesn't have the multi facility of the original top 4 buttons for dvd, pvr etc. Fortunately it something I rarely use so I'm not bothered

Firewire 4 to 4 pin Cable1.8m IEEE1394 DV out to PC
Firewire 4 to 4 pin Cable1.8m IEEE1394 DV out to PC
Offered by ETechland

4.0 out of 5 stars Good lead for the low cost, 27 April 2013
Can't fault the lead or service but unfortunately it didn't work with my Panasonic NV100 camcorder and Acer laptop, no regrets though at such a low price it was worth a try.

F-Connector Splitter - Premium Quality / DC Power Pass / Zinc Diecast Housing
F-Connector Splitter - Premium Quality / DC Power Pass / Zinc Diecast Housing
Offered by PlusKom®

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, 27 Dec. 2012
I should have known better than trying to split my LNB signal with one of these, they degrade the signal to such an extent that they are virtually useless. I actually never received the one I ordered from Amazon but it was so cheap I couldn't be bothered to chase it up. I tried a friends one and his opinion matches mine; useless, we both finishesd up running an extra cable from the LNB

Duronic HDS3 Mini 3 Port Gold HDMI Auto Switch PIANO BLACK 3x1 (3 way input 1 output HDMI Switcher)
Offered by DURONIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 27 Dec. 2012
This device does exactly what it says it will do, I have found no loss of quality and the auto switching just works. Mine is hidden at the back of the Tv and that is where it will stay because the manual switch isn't required by me personally, but I guess it could be used if a problem ever occurred. The only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is because the device is square and the leads stick out from each side, they would be better in line even though it would mean a rectangular rather than square design. For people needing extra HDMI sockets this is a super buy at a very low price, highly recommended.

Toshiba HDTB110EK3BA 1TB Stor.E Basics USB 3.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive - Black
Offered by Take a Bite

5.0 out of 5 stars So compact, so quiet, large capacity., 26 Dec. 2012
This drive is exactly what I required and I trust Toshiba quality. The drive is hardly any bigger than a packet of cigarettes and its virtually silent in operation. It comes ready formatted and for non teckies you just plug it in and go, couldn't be easier. Of course it can be re-formatted to NTFS if one desires.I would recommend this drive wholeheartedly, especially at the Amazon price.

Page: 1 | 2