Profile for Junior Hornet > Reviews

Content by Junior Hornet

Junior Hornet "hornet123" (Derbyshire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ultranatura Stainless Steel Grill Basket/Vegetable Bowl with Handles
Ultranatura Stainless Steel Grill Basket/Vegetable Bowl with Handles
Offered by Ultra24Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 24 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a solidly built and fairly heavy item for grilling vegetables on a barbecue. The holes are large enough for draining but small enough so that the vegetables don't slip through. As it is designed to sit on top of a barbecue grill, the handles are, of necessity, also stainless steel so be careful to use oven gloves to lift it off.

It can also be used to drain vegetables cooked in the conventional way or to rinse salad.

The only niggle I have is that there is an extremely sticky label on the bottom which, try as I might, I could not get fully off. I suspect that it will eventually wear off naturally. This is just a small annoyance however and does not stop me from recommending it as a handy kitchen tool.

Acco Kensington Keyboard - Black
Acco Kensington Keyboard - Black
Offered by Comcen Computer Supplies Ltd *VAT registered*

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement keyboard., 19 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good quality, good value keyboard that uses a USB wired connection. It is a good solid build despite being light and the keys are nicely responsive.

It works well even on a Windows XP laptop.

Not everyone will want a wired keyboard as wireless is the norm these days but it is handy as a good quality backup.

Rexel A4 Clear Mesh Bag with Blue Zip (Pack of 10)
Rexel A4 Clear Mesh Bag with Blue Zip (Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and Efficient, 17 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At first glance, these look expensive compared with the plastic wallets you find in stationers and supermarkets but these are far better quality. The mesh material makes the wallet very strong and much less likely to crease or tear. A4 documents fit nicely inside with room to spare. Although they are quite thin, I managed to fit several A4 pages inside each one (at least twenty).

I have an A4 storage box in which my important documents are kept loose. I am pleased to find that these bags fit nicely inside and so will enable me to better organise my documents.

All in all, a useful tool to help you stay organised.

Pinzon Mid-Season Duck Feather & Down Duvet, Double (9 TOG)
Pinzon Mid-Season Duck Feather & Down Duvet, Double (9 TOG)

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxury, 17 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Pinzon is an Amazon "Own Brand" and, as with other Amazon branded products I have used, I am seriously impressed by the quality.

The quilt is 90% duck down for warmth with the addition of 10% duck feathers, which gives it body. The cover is 100% cotton. It is extremely light on the bed and the thinness of the quilt (down doesn't need to be as thick as synthetic materials to give it the same warmth) makes it easy to store when not in use.

The TOG value of 9 means it is really for spring or autumn rather than a winter quilt. It kept me nice and warm on a fairly chilly night last night but as I am reviewing this in May, I will (hopefully) have to wait a while to test it on a really cold winter's night. If you are used to 9 TOG quilts, then I can recommend this for a touch of luxury but if you are used to 12 or 13 TOG in winter, it might not be suitable for you.

I, however, love it.

HP K8H30AA#ABB Spectrum Case for Notebook Up To 39.6 cm (15.6 Inch)
HP K8H30AA#ABB Spectrum Case for Notebook Up To 39.6 cm (15.6 Inch)

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but maybe limited protection, 14 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First the good points. It is light and padded and my laptop fits nicely. It is nice pastel shade, if you like bright colours.

On the negative side, it is quite thin, despite the padding. I wouldn't feel confident in dropping it to test its strength. There is no information included to suggest how protective it is and the Amazon description appears to be in Spanish or something similar. Also, there is no space to put any accessories, not even the power supply and cable. Stuffing them in makes it look unsightly.

By all means go for it if you want to transport your laptop without its power supply and are only interested in dust protection.

The Gracekeepers
The Gracekeepers
by Kirsty Logan

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming Story, 14 May 2015
This review is from: The Gracekeepers (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an easy reading and entertaining story about 2 girls/young women who live completely different lives and what happens when their lives cross. It is set in a future Earth but does not come under the Science Fiction category.

It soon transpires that the two main "girls" in the story are not as innocent as portrayed in the early pages but I found that I still emathised with them.

It is an easy story to read. The chapters are mostly quite short. Each one is titled for the main character featured in the chapter and each one only deals with one strand of the story. This unusual approach seems strange at first but I soon got used to it.

As an aside the book is well presented with an interesting and sparkly front and back cover featuring drawings of the main two characters set in their environments.

The book is not quite in the "can't put it down" category but i enjoyed it none the less.

Apexel 180 Degree Fish Eye Lens + Wide Angle Lens + Micro Lens Kit for iPhone 4 4S 4G 5 5G 5S 5C 6 Plus Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 S3 I9300 S4 I9500 S5 S6 Note I9220 Note2 N7100 Note3 Note 4 mini i8190 S7562 HTC LG Black (No Dark Circle by the Fisheye Lens)
Offered by Tech Leader

4.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly but fun and effective, 3 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My first impression upon opening the package is a good quality build of lens in a sturdy carry case, which is small enough to slip into a pocket or small bag.

I tried the lens on two different phones, one with a case and one without and found that it works just as well with a case on the phone. I found the results quite pleasing, particularly the fish eye lens which does not over round the picture like some lenses.

There are no instructions supplied which I found to be a problem when working out how to use the macro lens but the Amazon product page was a help here.

I found it quite fiddly to attach the lenses both to the clip and then to the camera. However, once in place, they held steady. One of my phones (a Motorola Moto G) has the camera a little way down the body. Whilst this didn't affect the use of the lens, it did mean that the clip went into the screen, which could cause scratching over time. The other phone's camera is nearer the top and so did not have this problem.

I think that this is could be seen as a bit of a gimmick to those people who regularly use dedicated cameras but with the limited lens on most phones, a bit of variety is welcomed.

AmazonBasics Elevated Cooling Pet Bed - Small
AmazonBasics Elevated Cooling Pet Bed - Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic but strong and comfortable, 28 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The bed comes in a self assembly pack with little in the way of instructions save for a sheet of illustrations. However, it is fairly obvious how to assemble it and the relevant allen key is supplied for this purpose. I did find it a struggle to fit everything in place as there is little give in the fabric of the bed.

The bed frame is sturdy and the fabric is strong. The cat took an instant interest in it. They do like to be off the ground. He soon settled on it when I put his favourite cushion on the top and he has now taken to it as a regular resting place (particularly when my bed is not available).

Apart from the swearing when putting it together, I think this is another fine addition to the Amazon Basics range.

Philips GC1020/70 EasySpeed Steam Iron with 70 g Steam Boost, 0.2 Litre, 1800 W, Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and Efficient, 12 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I haven't used a conventional iron for a while, having discovered the joys of steam generators. My favourites of those is a Philips so I decided to try one of their conventional irons.

The first thing that struck me was how light it is. Would it do a good job of ironing my clothes? The answer is most definitely Yes. Even thick clothing such as jeans were smoothly ironed with little effort.

The water tank is quite small. On the plus side, this means that it doesn't take long to heat up. On the minus side, you will need to refill it if you have a massive pile of ironing to do.

This is an ideal iron for someone living alone with limited space. I still prefer my steam generator but as conventional irons go, I am pleased with its performance over a small amount of ironing. For the price, I don't think you will find better.

Einhell TE-AP 18 Li solo Power X-Change 18 V Lithium Cordless Reciprocating Saw
Einhell TE-AP 18 Li solo Power X-Change 18 V Lithium Cordless Reciprocating Saw

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 12 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a solidly built tool that runs on Lithium Ion battery so there are no cables to get in the way or slice through. The battery fully charged within a couple of hours. It comes with a wood cutting blade only, although other blades are available. The blade is quite small but did a good job of cutting through a 4 inch square wooden post. It certainly beats using a hand saw.

The blade fits quite easily. You just twist the socket, insert the blade and let go. Check it's secure and you're ready to go.

The saw is comfortable to hold and use and is well balanced. There is a guard at the top of the blade to ensure you don't have any accidents.

The saw is part of a series of tools that share a charger and battery. Whilst this is a good idea in that you don't have to keep loads of different chargers and batteries for different tools which could lead to confusion and loss, it should be noted that the saw does not come supplied with either charger or battery. Although the Product information states that a battery is not required, in fact it is as there is no power cord on the saw itself.

This is a very useful tool to have around, especially if you use other power tools covered in the range and you don't want lots of different chargers cluttering up the place.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20