Profile for Junior Hornet > Reviews

Content by Junior Hornet

Junior Hornet "hornet123" (Derbyshire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Naturalight 2 in 1 Magnifying Lamp
Naturalight 2 in 1 Magnifying Lamp

4.0 out of 5 stars First the good points. The lamp is solidly built, 11 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First the good points. The lamp is solidly built. It gives a strong bright and natural light which through using LED technology and magnification, maximises light using very little electricity.

Although it comes in kit form (presumably to make it easier to transport), putting it together was easy with refreshingly good instructions.

Unfortunately, in trying to be a floor lamp and a table lamp, it ends up being neither effectively. As a floor lamp, it just isn't tall enough, even with both poles in place. As a table lamp, the base is just too big. You would certainly have difficulty using it as a bedside lamp for this reason, a shame because the light itself is ideal.

What it is good for (as a floor lamp) is to stand it by a desk if you have one and use it to light up the area. It is just the right height for this purpose.

The four stars are for the effectiveness and economy of the light and the fact that I can use it by my computer desk. One star docked for the limitations described above but if this is not a problem to you, then I can otherwise recommend it.

ROCK JAW ARCANA V2 In Ear Headphone
ROCK JAW ARCANA V2 In Ear Headphone

4.0 out of 5 stars The most important thing is sound quality and these don't disappoint. Each instrument can clearly be defined and the ..., 4 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm very impressed with these headphones. I wouldn't normally pay this price for them as I tend to use them out and about and they get bashed about and stuffed in bags. However, the quality of sound and comfort of fit makes these a worthwhile purchase.

The most important thing is sound quality and these don't disappoint. Each instrument can clearly be defined and the sound isn't muffled at all. The only criticism is that they don't cancel outside noise very well. I think that this is because of the design of the buds which stick out a little from the main body and hence are not as snug as some. This can be a problem on public transport when I don't want to turn the volume up and annoy other passengers but if I don't there is too much external sound.

They are very comfortable to wear. Ironically the design that causes the external noise problem helps to make the fir more comfortable. There are four sizes of interchangeable bud (most sets only have three) so you should find one that fits your ears.

I'm impressed with the cable. I find that I get through loads of headphones because the cables tangle causing the wires to break but the design of these ensures that tangling is kept to a minimum. This has been fully tested by me stuffing them into my bag when I get to work and my being delighted that I don't have to spend five minutes untangling them at the end of the day.

If you can live with the lack of noise cancellation, these headphones are very good quality both in build and sound quality and I recommend them highly.

Ultrasport Men's Snug Softshell Jacket - Black/Green, XX-Large
Ultrasport Men's Snug Softshell Jacket - Black/Green, XX-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and Comfortable, 4 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I received this fleece, my first thought was how thin it felt and how could it keep me warm. However, on wearing it on a cold evening, my fears were unfounded as the thermal material kept the cold out very well.

It is quite light and comfortable to wear. I usually wear an XL. This is XXL (so I can wear some layers underneath) but it still fits nicely, with the arms not being too long. The thinness of the material also means it is not too baggy like some fleeces.

The "Ebony" colour is more charcoal grey and the green design is bright but not too overstated. This is a garment I would wear a lot on a cold evening walk.

Where We Are: Live From San Siro Stadium [DVD] [2014]
Where We Are: Live From San Siro Stadium [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ One Direction

1.0 out of 5 stars The front cover states " full concert" yet the DVD ..., 29 Nov 2014
The front cover states " full concert" yet the DVD is 70 minutes. Either the punters who paid to see the concert have been seriously short changed or it isn't the full concert at all.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2014 9:50 AM GMT

Sage 50 Accounts Professional - Single User - 1 Company (PC)
Sage 50 Accounts Professional - Single User - 1 Company (PC)
Price: £1,028.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comprehensive, 27 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an extremely comprehensive Accounting system for the small to medium size business. It installed smoothly. The only minor problem I found that, despite the description stating that 2Gb RAM is sufficient, I got a message to say that it needs 4Gb. I have 4Gb but only 3.45Gb is available to apps hence the message. That said, I found no problem in running it.

In use, I found the package to be extremely intuitive to use. You set up your company details and away you go. Menus are fairly standard Windows menus and it is very easy to navigate around.

I set up a "test" company and some sample records (customers, sales etc) and found it to run smoothly.

It may not be for everyone. I have used QuickBooks in the past and this will do much of what a very small business will require at a much lower cost. Also, depending on requirements, the standard or plus versions may suit rather then the full blown professional version.

I can thoroughly recommend Sage 50 Accounts to anyone who runs their own business. There are plenty of training courses available, which I would recommend to anyone using this professionally but once you have learnt the basics, it is quite straightforward to use despite it comprehensiveness. It won't run on Windows XP as this is no longer supported by Microsoft but I wouldn't expect someone running a serious business to be using XP in any case.

Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml
Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective Cleaner for Small Areas, 21 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Oh My! I was wondering how best to test and review this spray, bearing in mind that I don't have any pets at present and wish to use it on household stains, when I spilt some coffee on the carpet.

This spray was as good as its word. A quick spray over the affected area and a wipe with a damp cloth and it cleared it up no problem. The spray left hardly any smell and it certainly wasn't unpleasant, unlike some cleaners I have tried.

There are cheaper cleaners in supermarkets but in my opinion, they are not as good as this.

Life, Love and the Archers: Recollections, Reviews and Other Prose
Life, Love and the Archers: Recollections, Reviews and Other Prose
by Wendy Cope

4.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining collection, 17 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a collection of shortish essays from a writer who usually publishes poetry (she rightly states that she is a writer, not a writer and poet because a poet IS a writer). Some of the articles, mainly those near the beginning of the book, are adapted from an unpublished autobiography that she attempted to write. Most of these are previously unpublished.

The others are mostly reprints of articles she has written for magazines and other publications. In additions there are transcripts of speeches. Many of these are based on episodes from her life although there are some television reviews from The Spectator.

The style is what I would call "gentle" humour without any smuttiness. The writing engages the reader and I found that I smiled a lot without really laughing out loud. It isn't that type of book. You don't have to read it all at once and you can dip into it without reading it in order and get as much enjoyment.

It's not the sort of book I would necessarily read again, hence only 4 stars but I certainly did enjoy reading it this time.

Honor 6 4G UK Smartphone (5 inch, Touchscreen, Octa-Core, 3GB RAM, 16GB ROM, 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera, LTE CAT6, Android 4.4, Emotion UI 2.3) White

5.0 out of 5 stars I got used to the interface and found it quite easy to navigate, 11 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First of all, let me make clear that this and as far as I am aware the other previous reviews are not rigged, as claimed by an earlier review but are reviews from the Amazon Vine programme where advance copies has been issued.

I took a few days to get into this phone, being used to a Motorola but my initial thoughts were that the screen was large and very clear but the interface was slightly clunky.

With use though, I got used to the interface and found it quite easy to navigate. For anyone unused to Android, this would be a good phone as Huawei have not cluttered it up with their own software a la Samsung and HG.

The spec is very good for the price with an 8 core processor and it copes with all the apps and games I have installed. The 5 in screen maked it easy to read text.

The build is quite robust although, as with all phones, I will be investing in a case for it.

I was particularly impressed with the camera although I was quite surprised when taking a selfie (something I have never done before) that the image was back to front i.e. a mirror image. However I found out that this is the same on all phones and tablets which, to me, renders it a waste of resource.

The phone comes unlocked so that changing from your existing phone is a doddle.

Oh yes, and it can make and receive phone calls (something that strangely, phone manufacturers never seem to claim)

I think I will be using this phone from now on.

Leitz WOW Click & Store A4 Storage Box (Pink) - ref 60440023
Leitz WOW Click & Store A4 Storage Box (Pink) - ref 60440023

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 26 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This comes flat packed but just clips together with strong poppers. You do need to give them a good push but this is to ensure strength.

The box is made of sturdy cardboard and should be sufficient to hold a large number of A4 documents. It is slightly larger than A4 in size and just over 7 inches deep (or 19 cm for those younger than me).

There are no partitions inside and, as the box opens via the lid, there is no real method of organising documents. That said, for people like me who tend to stuff documents into a carrier bag and often lose them, it is a way of keeping them all in one place and with the box being bright pink, it's very difficult to mislay it.

As can be seen from the picture, there is a space to put a label in the front so, if you have a home office set up, you can use several boxes and store different types of document in each one although with the opening at the top, it's not really practical to stack them.

Zyliss Digital Multi Timer
Zyliss Digital Multi Timer

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite a handy gadget, 26 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I often use the timer on the microwave to time my cooking but this is not possible when I am using the microwave itself so this is a handy gadget to have around the kitchen. Having four independent timings on the go is useful although I do try to ensure that everything completes its cooking at the same time so in practise will probably only use one timer (starting with whatever needs the longest cooking time) and start cooking different things at the relevant points along the process.

It's quite versatile, with a fold out stand and a magnet so you can have it on a table or the fridge. The alarm was a tad quiet, which could cause a problem if you go into another room. However, the display is very clear so that you can easily see how much time there is left. It is small enough to store in a kitchen drawer.

Of course you can also use it for other timings as well as cooking.

A very useful gadget.