Profile for James > Reviews

Content by James

James

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Anker® C200 Full-Size Ergonomic Wireless Mouse with 6 Buttons, 3 DPI Adjustment Levels and 2000 DPI (Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, battery life could be better., 10 April 2015
A good mouse but uses a lot of battery. Also wish it would remember the DPI settings as I keep having to change it when I turn on my laptop. Can't complain for £10 though.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2015 10:22 AM BST

Logitech Z-906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers - Black
Logitech Z-906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely mind blowing sound quality., 10 April 2015
These speakers are incredible. So loud and amazing quality. Have them at university and have received a noise complaint 😂 which isn't going to stop me. You won't believe how these sound. Bass is a bit overwhelming and I turn it on half power. I moved up from the 70W 5.1 Logitech speakers, oh my what an upgrade. I would say they aren't LOADS louder, they just are able to go very loud and maintain extremely good sound quality that takes your breath away. I'm just hoping that no faults occur as I read in a few reviews that further down the line it can just pack up.

Toshiba HDTB110EK3BA 1TB Stor.E Basics USB 3.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive - Black
Offered by Value_Deal

1.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba do not make reliable HDD's - not to be trusted., 10 April 2015
Oh dear. The worst mistake I made trusting Toshiba with my data. Unfortunately the reviews on here are posted within a few weeks of buying the product. 8 months down the line it has DIED on me, packed up. Lost all my photographs that I've ever taken over the past 7 years. Awful awful awful, Toshiba sort it out. I'm appauled.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2015 8:57 PM BST

The Last Of Us Remastered - Day 1 Edition (PS4)
The Last Of Us Remastered - Day 1 Edition (PS4)
Offered by Whippet Media

1.0 out of 5 stars Changing to 1 star, since all of the fanboys downvoted my review haha, you guys need to get a life!, 2 Aug. 2014
Great game. Just completed it on Survivor difficulty in 24 hours. So yes, I played the hell out of it!

The graphics are probably the best thing about the game, and 60fps is epic!

However, this game is terribly overrated. I saw everywhere people saying it was the best game they have ever played by miles, and that they completed it 8 times over. Sorry, but once was enough. It was a good story, but cannot imagine playing it over again.

It was an above average game, but nothing outstanding - sorry if you disagree.
Personally, I think Infamous Second Son was an amazing game, enjoyed it far far more!

My 'lower rating' review may be because I played the game on the Survivor difficulty - just to get the gold trophy. This possibly meant the gameplay wasn't as fun, because I barely had ammo/health/upgrades throughout.

I'd definitely recommend buying it, but do not go in thinking this game will change your life!
Comment Comments (17) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2014 9:01 AM BST

Sony GTK-X1BT 500W All-in-One Wireless Speaker System
Sony GTK-X1BT 500W All-in-One Wireless Speaker System

4.0 out of 5 stars This really is an epic speaker system, 10 Jun. 2014
If you are looking for professional sound, for a very reasonable price, this is what to get.
Amazon were selling for £150. Which is very reasonable.

Pros:
- Sounds amazing.
- Very well built and high quality.
- Reasonable price really.

Cons:
- Light show is a bit of a gimmick for me
- The unit is HUGE. Not portable. (power cord only too)
- Quoted '500W' is a bit unrealistic.

Very good kit if you have the space. Recommended from me

Watch Dogs (PS4)
Watch Dogs (PS4)
Offered by Gameseek

4.0 out of 5 stars It is a good game, but miss some features of GTA, 10 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Watch Dogs (PS4) (Video Game)
Pros:
Hacking is a fantastic idea. A bit unrealistic at times, but definitely fun.
Great GTA alternative for next gen consoles.
Graphically fantastic.
The game is MASSIVE, huge map and LOADS to do. This isn't a week long game. Large story and then plenty more to do.

Cons:
Driving in this game isn't great.
The game is buggy, but it is something you can get used to. I cannot use the online contracts feature at all, states my NAT type is incorrect, but I have an open NAT.
It isn't quite GTA!
NO SHOOTING FROM CAR??? This is a major problem if you ask me! "Taking down cars" = the only way is to drive into them!
Storyline pretty average.

---

Would like to say to Amazon: Your prices for console games are far from competitive, I haven't bought on next gen game from you as they are way too high. Cheaper elsewhere always.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2014 11:36 AM BST

SAMSUNG i9300 GALAXY S3 - BLACK LEATHER FLIP CASE COVER POUCH + FREE SCREEN PROTECTOR & MINI TOUCH STYLUS PEN FROM GB ONLINE SALES
Offered by GB Online Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars SUCH a great quality case., 28 May 2014
Feels like a new case.
Love the case.
Wish it didn't flip from the bottom, covers power plug, but unreal case.

Order from GB Online Sales, fantastic company. Came with free screen protector and pen thing.

Shazam Encore
Shazam Encore

4.0 out of 5 stars Good app for free, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Shazam Encore (App)
Don't pay for it though... the free version is exactly the same...
I got for free though so all good.

George Foreman 19580 7 Portion Entertaining Grill - Black
George Foreman 19580 7 Portion Entertaining Grill - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic grill, 28 May 2014
First ever George Foreman griil, and it is great.
Chicken doesn't actually have much fat, which is mainly what I'm using it for.

Grill is easy to clean if you do it properly. Soak it in water immediately after use, before you eat dinner. Soak in water and washing up liquid.
Then after dinner, wash it off and apply more water and soap.

Then finally 10 mins later, wash it all off. Perfect

inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)
inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)
Offered by Turbotrance

5.0 out of 5 stars This game is fantastic., 5 April 2014
Yep. 5 stars. Quality release, stunning campaign, was so addicted.

Platinum'ed it in 4 days.

Well done to the devs, more games like this please!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4