Profile for building bridges > Reviews

building bridges (uk)

chinese style lady hand bag
chinese style lady hand bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely colour, good service., 28 Feb 2010
Received the bag after I had to send a different style ( retro fall in green) back because of a poor quality lining. The seller very kindly checked this one and sent it on inspection, before I sent the other one back.
Love this bag and colour. Only slight niggle is that I like large internal pockets and this had small to average size ones.
Great service, will probably get another one in another colour. may be I'll try the other styles?! I need more space!!!!!

Apparitions  [DVD] [2008]
Apparitions [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Martin Shaw

5.0 out of 5 stars insightful, 13 Dec 2008
This review is from: Apparitions [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
As someone who has studied this subject from an ISLAMIC POINT OF VIEW, I found this program surprisingly accurate SOMETIMES, according to what some Muslim "Exorcists" have encountered, though there are differences in theological points of view of what one is dealing with and how to deal with it. Beautifully filmed (the seminary is actually now the British Muslim Heritage centre in Manchester, and I happened to visit it one day while they were filming) well acted, MARTIN SHAW IS BRILLIANT IN THIS. So far this has been great. My only quibble with it is the last episode although well written could have shown more accurately how Muslim 'exorcists' deal with this issue. Very wishy washy in that respect, The 'Imam' did nothing right in dealing with the problem and some of the things he said were incorrect according to Muslim theology. I thought though that it was good to show the respect between the Christian and Muslim men, and this is needed more to bring our communities together.
It is also good that a well made programme like this has come out amidst the utter tripe and dangerous nonsense programmes that glorify the occult such as The Charmed et al. This definately doesn't so far. I don't believe anyone should be offended with this from a religious point of view, if anything, some of the lines can be taken to be quite inspiring for people of all faiths, and particularly scenes showing Father Jacob's unswerving faith were quite moving. Although I don't know what the next episodes are going to be like, so far so good. (Episodes 1,2 and 5 the best so far).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2009 12:42 PM GMT