Profile for MyKeyReviews > Reviews

Content by MyKeyReviews
Top Reviewer Ranking: 54

MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Solar Rope Tube 23ft Total Length 50 LEDs Fairy String Lights Garden Light decorate for Outdoor, Gardens, Homes, Christmas, Party,etc (Warm white)
Offered by superdealeveryday

5.0 out of 5 stars Produces a lovely glow, 2 July 2015
♦ Introduction ♦

If you're looking for something to add some ambience to your garden, then something like this solar rope will do the job greatly.

It has 17ft of LED rope and a further 6ft of power cable, so do measure up the area you may want to place this in advance, just in case it isn't long enough for your needs.

This rope does rely on a solar panel to collect power over the daytime; this gives you more versatility when placing it as you won't need a nearby power outlet, however the amount of time it will stay powered on will depend on the amount of light collected.

This product is available in a wide variety of colours of your choosing: Warm White | Cool White | Blue | Purple | Pink | Yellow | Red | Green.

♦ Package Contents ♦

∙ LED Light Strip w/ Solar Panel (fixed together via wire).
∙ Ground Spike.

Whilst it's a simple product to use, it would still be nice to have included an instruction manual.

♦ Set-Up ♦

I would recommend to plan where you would like the light rope to be placed first rather than the solar panel, otherwise you may find the lights may not start off where you had wanted.

Once you've placed the light rope to where you want it (I partially wrapped mine from a tree and linked it to a basket bracket, then the remaining rope was swirled into a glass jar that was hanging). From here, you'll need to figure out which area in your garden gathers the most direct sun light for optimum results; you have approximately 1.8m of power cable length to place it where you need it too.

After figuring out where is the best from the reach you have, stick in the ground spike then slot the solar panel in and adjust it so it gains the most light.

On the back of the solar panel is an 'On/Off' & 'Mode' button, it should be set to off by default, so I would recommend pressing it once to turn it on (it won't power up until it's gathered enough power and it's dark enough to activate the sensor). With it being summer at the time of writing this review, the light has been automatically turning on between 9-10pm.

You can toggle between a solid light to blinking by pressing the mode button, however I don't think the blinking mode really suits this product, if anything it should fade out and back in rather than blinking (flashing).

The warm white light I went for looks lovely when lit up at night. The brightness isn't intense, so rather than lighting the area within its close proximity, it adds a nice ambient glow which is great when chilling out in the garden.

I can't comment on the other colours as I don't own them, however the warm white is a very nice colour to have.

♦ Final Opinion ♦

This solar light rope worked extremely well, especially as my garden doesn't get the most sunlight during the day.

I've been using this for over a week and the light seems to last for more than 5 hours once it's activated, however I can't say exactly when it stops working as I go to sleep before it does just that.

Within my testing we have had the odd heavy rain and it's still working might fine.

All in all it's a decent product and I would certainly recommend it.

► Disclaimer: I was provided with this product in exchange for an unbiased review.

Men Rock Sicilian Lime and Caffeine Awakening Beard Balm
Men Rock Sicilian Lime and Caffeine Awakening Beard Balm

4.0 out of 5 stars Well, that's my beardruff significantly reduced, 26 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm one to suffer from quite a lot of beardruff so was more than keen to try out this product.

Used after a bath or in my case, shower, towel dry your beard and rub some of the balm thoroughly through your beard (I have about 2cm of beard length and I really didn't need much at all, so can see this lasting for quite some time).

I really like the scent of this balm (I like caffeine and absolutely love lime, so it was right up my street), however to be sure I wasn't the only one who thinks it smelt nice, I asked a bunch of my friends to smell my beard, not something they get asked often, if at all. Anyway, three out of four friends had a whiff of my beard and all of them really liked the scent.

My beardruff went from bad to little to none, so was really impressed by that.

The balm did soften my beard a bit, but was hoping it would do so more than what it did which is why it lost a star.

Overall it's definitely a product I would recommend; when mine runs out I'm certain I'll purchase a replacement.

Zomei Ultra Slim HD 18 Layer Multi-Coated SCHOTT Glass 72mm Density Neutral ND1000
Offered by Maeo

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality ND1000 filter, 24 Jun. 2015
When it comes to filters for my cameras, I normally go for the budget brands which have always had a price tag of around £10, so had never owned or in fact, used a high quality filter.

Price wise, the Zomei ND1000 filter fits more in the mid range of filters as there are more well known brands such as Hoya, which go for twice the cost of this one.

That said, going from a budget Polaroid branded filter to a midrange Zomei filter was instantly noticeable in difference of quality: The Zomei was far superior than Polaroid's; although heavier in weight, it felt incredibly more solid and robust.

Along the rim of the filter are some nice ridges which help with grip when putting it on a lens, plus it screws on nicely.

I haven't dealt with an ND filter so intense before, so I'm still getting to grips on how to properly use it; this is a combination of getting the right settings in order and of course using manual focus more, because most of the time, the lack of light hinders the cameras auto-focus abilities.

The difference between using no filter to an ND1000 filter is substantial, for example I had my shutter to stay open for 10 seconds on a bright overcast day and I managed to capture all the surroundings, however without the filter and having the shutter set to barely 1 second resulted in a complete white washout.

Having the ability to keep the shutter open for much longer in brighter conditions can give you some great results with a bit of know-how (I'm still practising, but have seen some positive results).

Using this with my Sony A6000 (APS-C Sized sensor) and a 18-105mm lens, I've not noticed any vignette on my shots when using this filter alone when at its widest 18mm setting. The colour doesn't seem to be sacrificed when using the filter also.

Overall I've been really impressed with this filter. Although I was provided this filter in exchange for an unbiased review, I will definitely be considering the Zomei brand over Polaroid's when I'm looking for my next filter purchase. The price difference isn't too steep (depending on the filter size) and the quality difference is huge in a positive way.

Would highly recommend.

TECEVO FX4 Bluetooth 4.0 Sport Headphones / Earphones With Handsfree Wireless Earbuds - Ideal for use with Apple iTouch, iPad 1 2 3 4 iPhone 3 4 4s 5 5s 6 6s , HTC, Samsung Galaxy, LG, Sony Xperia, Nokia etc (Black & Green)
Offered by DigiDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality low-budget headphones, 22 Jun. 2015
♦ Introduction ♦

The TECEVO FX4 are a pair of Bluetooth headphones with portability in mind. These don't take up much space so can easily be chucked in your pocket and has a flat cable design which make them less prone to tangling.

Being purely for Bluetooth rather than connecting via an AUX port also means there is less wire needed making them more convenient on the go.

These headphones come in two different coloured themes available: Colours available: Black & Green | White & Orange. I have the black & green which look very smart; the cable is a lime green and the headphones black with a splash of lime green.

Packaging is very basic, comes in a plain brown cardboard board with black writing. The only colour on it is the Bluetooth symbol which is blue. The layout is smart, however a bit more colour would make it more appealing if you were to give these to someone as a gift.

♦ Box Contents ♦

∙ FX4 Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones.
∙ Various Ear Tip & Fin Sizes.
∙ Micro USB charging Cable.
∙ Instruction Manual.*
∙ Travel Case.**

*Has a nice layout and information is very easy to read/follow.

**The inside has a mesh pocket for storing the spare ear tips.

♦ Set-Up & In Use ♦

All the command buttons are located on the right earphone and the charging port is on the left.

It's advised to give the headphones a good charge before use, this will require you to open the micro USB ports seal which is quite fiddly to do, then link it to a powered USB port for roughly 2 hours.

Once charged you'll need to pair them to your Bluetooth enabled device before use, so ensure the Bluetooth is active on the device you want to connect with these headphones, then press and hold down multi-function button (stated as the 'MFB' by the manual) for 8 seconds, this will put it into its pairing mode; the 'MFB' is the one with the power icon imprinted on it. Once the pairing mode is active, you should be able to find it on your device labelled as 'TECEVO FX4', click and connect.

When you need to turn off/on the headphones, just press and hold down the 'MFB' for 4 seconds.

The 'MFB' is used for almost all the commands such as answer or reject phone calls, stop and playing music. These are done by either tapping or holding the button down for a certain amount of time. Adjusting volume and skipping tracks are done with the volume buttons. All these commands can be found in the instruction manual.

Pressing any of these buttons requires a bit of practice, and that's not because it's hard to find them:
∙ Pressing the 'MFB' down requires a bit of pressure, so if you're not supporting the earphone, you will end up pushing it right into your ear which can be uncomfortable.
∙ Where the volume buttons are located along the curved edge in addition to there being no grip, your finger will most likely slip off before you get enough force to press it down properly, so once again this requires you to grip onto the headphones, but even then it can be tricky. I think the best solution would be to have a matte finish or rubber exterior.

As for battery life, it's advertised as 4.5 hours which doesn't sound like a lot; well to be honest it isn't, however considering the size of the battery that would be housed inside the headphone, it's actually very understandable to why it can't last longer.

Bluetooth connectivity is decent. I haven't had any drop outs when in range. I can easily leave my phone in the living room and go into the kitchen (next room) without it losing connection. Any further and it does cut out though.

♦ Comfort & Sound ♦

I have no issues when it comes to comfort. The default ear tips on the headphones by default were the right fit for my ears and the fins kept them nicely. Walking around and shaking my head hasn't made them fall out.

I was VERY surprised with the sound quality! Audio is extremely clear and can kick out a good amount of bass, so the music doesn't sound flat at all. I've listened to pop, country & rock with no noticeable distortion or unpleasant sounds coming through.

When getting a call from someone, the audio is going to be as good as how their microphone is and the environment they're in. I've had no issues hearing my friends when on the phone to them and they had no issues hearing me, however I did find that I was speaking more loudly as I couldn't hear myself so well.

♦ Final Thoughts ♦

These are a great pair of in-ear headphones without breaking the bank.

If you want something that's comfortable to wear and outputs decide sound quality, then these are a good choice.

✓ Stylish look.
✓ Comfortable to wear.
✓ Audio quality is great for the price.

✖ Cons:
✘ Although easy to reach, buttons can be tricky to press when worn.

► Note: I received this product in exchange for an unbiased review.

Braun Series 9 9095CC Wet/Dry Electric Shaver with Clean and Renew Charger
Braun Series 9 9095CC Wet/Dry Electric Shaver with Clean and Renew Charger

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely smooth shave, 18 Jun. 2015
♦ Introduction ♦

Braun Series 9 '9095CC' electric shaver is supposedly the "crème de la crème" of their electric shaver line-up. With a premium price-tag I truly expected top results.

First impressions were very positive, the shaver looks extremely smart and felt incredibly comfortable to hold. It was when I put the shaver down I realised that maybe having a chrome, wasn't probably the best choice for a finish. The slightest handing of the shaver makes it go from smart looking to not so smart as it picks up finger prints so easily.

Grip wise they've done a great job, most of the back and sides are covered with rubber, and the lock button on the front has some bumps which add a subtle amount of grip. All in all, when in use, I wasn't worried it was going to slip out of my hand.

♦ Box Contents & Recommended Extras ♦

∙ 9095cc Shaver.
∙ Leather Travel Case.*
∙ Mini Cleaning Brush.
∙ Clean & Charge Station
∙ Clean & Renew Cartridge.
∙ Power Cable.
∙ Instruction Manual.

*A quality feeling case that provides a snug fit for the shaver, however would be nice to have a little pocket for the mini brush.

- Recommended:
Clean and Renew Refill Cartridges.*
Series 9 Replacement Head.**

*It states in the manual that if you were to clean the shaver everyday, then they will need replacing every three week. I can't see the need of doing a proper clean every day, so I would expect to replace it every 1-2 months.

**It's recommended to replace the head every 18 months.

- Optional:
∙ The power cable has a shaver plug, so if you don't have a shaver outlet, you will need to get a shaver adaptor.

♦ Shaving Experience ♦

I've got to admit, the first time when I had used this I didn't get satisfactory results, even though I thought I did everything right: Trim my beard; held the shaver at a 90° angle; I tried pushing down lightly and hard and sweeping it in all kinds of directions, but I just didn't get the results I expected. My beard still had many hairs left and and during the shave my hair got pinched, and yes that was painful... In all honesty, I thought this shaver was rubbish. I presume you must already gather than a foil shaver isn't something I'm used too, well you're correct.

It was only when I tried it on my head (I shave my hair regularly) and it did an AMAZING job, real close shave, no nicks, nothing. Then I realised the skin on my head is much tighter than on my face, so I retried shaving my beard, but this time, using my other hand to stretch my skin and make it tighter, results: Fantastic. It glided across my face no problems and the shaver head moves with the curves, this made for a really comfortable shave.

So basically what I'm trying to say is those who haven't used a foil shaver before, or haven't been keen on them in the past, just have a little patience and you will get very good results.

Those who are used to these types of shavers, you'll have nothing to worry about, you'll get a nice close shave.

As for the pop-up trimmer, it's awful. This shaver would be best without it, or include one that does a decent job, what a shame.

♦ Clean & Renew Process ♦

The clean and charge dock is so simple to set up:

1) Plug the power cable into the dock (a lot easier to do this first).
2) Remove the seal off of the cartridge (be careful not to spill).
3) The back of the dock has a button, press that and the bottom will spring open unveiling a compartment.
4) Slide the cartridge into the bottom section (the section with the holes should be the last to go in).
5) Push the top part of the dock down and it should all click into place.
6) Plus the power cable into an outlet.
7) Be careful when handling, don't tilt the dock as it could risk a spillage, and never use it near any flames as the liquid is highly flammable.

The shaver will indicate when it needs cleaning by displaying a water drop on the LCD screen.

To clean and charge after use, place the shaver head first into the top of the docking station then push it back. With the dock powered up, press the on button and it will go through a cleaning process for 3 minutes, once done it will blow the shaver dry for 40 minutes.

Once this whole process has passed, the shaver head is sterilised, lubricated and smells rather refreshing, plus it would have charged the shaver.

♦ Final Opinion ♦

Undoubtedly a top shaver for day to day use (or every other day). It delivers a great shave if used correctly and the docking station ensures the shaver is maintained to the highest quality. It's just a real shame the pop-up trimmer isn't any better.

Price does seem a little off-putting, even in the really long run, it doesn't seem that cost effective compared to manual razors, but hey, you have the convenience of a quick dry shave which is much less hassle in my eyes.

✓ Smart looking.
✓ Comfortable to hold.
✓ Great grip.
✓ Excellent shaving results.
✓ Clean & charge docking station is superb.

✘ Fingerprint magnet.
✘ Pop-up trimmer is pretty bad.

iShoot PL-MIC02 Professional DSLR DV External Stereo Microphone
iShoot PL-MIC02 Professional DSLR DV External Stereo Microphone

3.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with all cameras listed, 18 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Don't read the compatibility list, base it on whether the fact your camera/camcorder has a microphone port.

I chose this because it said it was compatible with the Sony A6000, but it isn't, that's because the A6000 doesn't have a microphone port. I wouldn't be surprised if there were others on that list which aren't compatible.

The attachment isn't a multi-interface, nor does it have an adaptor to attach it on to one. What it does have is a cold shoe that has a tripod thread embedded for extra mounting options. It then relies purely on the microphone cable to transmit the audio.

Sony 18-105mm f/4 G OSS E-Mount NEX Series Lens
Sony 18-105mm f/4 G OSS E-Mount NEX Series Lens
Offered by Koester GERMANY

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing lens, 10 Jun. 2015
I have a couple of lenses for my Sony A6000 Camera, all of which are great in their own areas, however I didn't have one that covered a decent focal range starting from a nice wide angle view.

Sony have a fair amount of zoom lenses on offer, however the 'SELP18105G' was more in my budget than others; plus it ticked all the right boxes: 18-105mm Focal length (27–157.5mm (APS-C)) | Constant F/4 aperture | 'Power Zoom' | Zoom is quiet.

The lens itself actually weighs more than my camera (427g, compared to the A6000 which weighs in at 344g), however this hasn't bothered me the slightest.

Anyone looking for filters (at least get a UV filter to protect the lens), it fits 72mm filters.

The zoom is completely electronic, so it doesn't matter if you're using the power zoom slider or twisting the zoom ring, it won't zoom whilst the camera is turned off. What I really like about the zoom that all the optics stay inside the housing of the lens, unlike my other zoom lens which will stick out the more you increase its zoom. It's also very quiet that I can't hear it when it's zooming in or out (very positive feature to have when filming).

So far I've used it more for videography than photography, however the photos I have taken with it have came out sharp and clear.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Calily™ Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser Aromatherapy with Relaxing & Soothing Multi-Colour LED Light - Perfect for Home, Office, Spa, Etc.
Offered by Hoont

4.0 out of 5 stars Clean & efficient oil diffuser, 10 Jun. 2015
♦ Introduction ♦

A small and lightweight oil diffuser which uses high-frequency waves rather than heat to create a nice mist. With a combination of a good scent and enabling its coloured LED lights, it can add some lovely ambience your room.

The design of this product looks like it was inspired from a tin can, except more stretched out, made of white plastic and given it more a curve to make it more stylish? It doesn't exactly look out of place, however I have seen other similar products to this with a much better looking design, but maybe this one had performance more in mind than design, who knows.

That said, when it's lit up, it does look very nice indeed.

♦ Box Contents & Recommended Extras ♦

∙ Ultrasonic diffuser.
∙ Power Cable.
∙ Mini measuring jug.
∙ Instruction manual.*

* The instruction manual has a clear layout and is easy to understand.

♦ Set-Up & In Use ♦

1) Insert the power cable into the base of the diffuser. It's best doing this first when there isn't any fluids in the water tank, otherwise it could end up messy. Also, plug the power cable into an outlet.
2) Twist counter-clockwise and pull the differs cover off from the base.
3) Fill up the water tank approximately half way up with warm water (preferably using the mini jug).
4) Add 1-2 drops (I normally do 3) of scented Oil into the water tank (If you want to of course).
5) Place the cover back onto the base. It's advisable to do so carefully as you don't want to accidentally spill its contents.
6) Hold the 'Mist' button for 2 seconds, this will initiate the mist. There are four levels of intensity which you can cycle through by pressing the mist button; the mist levels are indicated by a green LED.
7) Want some ambience? Hold the 'Light' button for 2 seconds to power on its light; by default it cycles through all the colours. You can individually select the colour of choice by pressing the light button. Colours available are: red, green, blue, yellow, cyan, pink & white.

One thing that amazed me was how quickly it produced the mist, it was instantaneous from the moment turned it on. If you're close enough to the mist, then you will be able to smell the scene of the oil pretty much as soon as it starts up.

Depending on the size of your room, you'll find it does a fantastic job in getting the scent around and making your room smell lovely (unless you went for a bad scented oil of course).

The light feature is nice to have on when the rooms lights are dimmed or off. I love how it lights up the mist coming out from the top, it really does add a high level of ambience to the room.

It also runs very quietly, so doesn't cause any annoyance and I was able to sleep whilst it was operating.

With the tank filled up roughly 70ml, it took over three hours of it being on its lowest mist level before the water level was low enough to activate the diffusers auto-off feature, that's pretty incredible, especially as it managed to keep the oils scent going throughout all that time.

Once the power automatically cuts off, there will be a very small amount of water left, just tip it away and give the water tank a very quick rinse.

♦ Overall Opinion ♦

I LOVE IT! It has been used almost every day since I've received it, and that's not just by me, my other family members have been too, so looks like it's a favourite in the house.

It not only looks great when lit up, it also allows me to get a nice scent circulating around my smaller rooms without it being overpowering like you would get with incense sticks.

I would highly recommend.

✓ Ambient lights.
✓ Works very well.
✓ Easy to set-up & use.
✓ Operates very quietly.
✓ Little cleaning required.

✖ Cons:
✘ Could have had a better design.
✘ Not so effective in larger rooms.

► Note: I received this product in exchange for an unbiased review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Beckham Instinct After Shave Lotion for Men - 50 ml
Beckham Instinct After Shave Lotion for Men - 50 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent after shave for a great price, 9 Jun. 2015
Unlike other cheap after shaves, this one has a scent which lasts for a decent amount of time once applied, and it's a nice scent at that.

It seems like you can always pick these for a good price too, so I can't complain.

Just a heads up, this one doesn't have the spray attachment.

Sony High Zoom 55-210mm E-Mount Lens
Sony High Zoom 55-210mm E-Mount Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent lens to have, 6 Jun. 2015
► NOTE: I have been using this lens with the Sony A6000.

This lens is available in either Silver or Black.

.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.

Although I personally prefer using Sony's 18-105mm f/4 E-Mount Lens due to having a decent wide-tight range and consistent F4 aperture, however it doesn't always cover the telephoto range needed, which is where the 'SEL55210' comes in real handy.

Packaging info: Fairly tall box which also comes with an instruction manual, guarantee document & a lens hood.

This lens starts off with a tight shot of 55mm (82.5mm (35mm equivalent)) which can be a a bit of hindrance depending on your circumstances, so do take an extra lens which covers a lower focal range if you feel you may need it. It can extend up to 210mm (315mm (35mm equiv.)) which is a very good focal range to have; especially for sporting events such as football or boating etc...

The zoom is all mechanical rather than electronic (otherwise known as power zoom lenses), so is only adjustable by manually twisting the lens (the large rigid area located in the middle of the lens); a positive note about this sort of zoom is that you can zoom in and out very quickly. When fully zoomed in, it does poke out quite a bit, so do be careful when panning around.

As for photo quality, overall I'm pretty darn satisfied. There were a few photos that came out poorly either because of the autofocus from my camera not locking onto the correct subject, or I was relying too heavily on the auto mode, but the majority came out very well.

If you know what you're doing with the settings, you can get some top results.

Would recommend.