Profile for MyKeyReviews > Reviews

Content by MyKeyReviews
Top Reviewer Ranking: 64

MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sena 10C-01 Motorcycle Bluetooth Camera and Communication System
Sena 10C-01 Motorcycle Bluetooth Camera and Communication System

4.0 out of 5 stars Multiple Devices in One Whole Unit, 25 Aug. 2015
♦ Introduction ♦

When it comes to motorcycle gadgets and tech, Sena really have been making great strides when it comes to innovation, firstly by making a device that allows you to overlay your voice to GoPro cameras via Bluetooth; followed by making their very own Bluetooth audio action camera, the Prism. Sena have now stepped the game up even further by making the 10C, an all inclusive action camera and Bluetooth intercom/communication device.

Going through the specs of the 10C, it's as if Sena have almost perfectly combined the 20S with the Prism into one package, but look closer or even use it in fact, and you will see it's not exactly the same. Whilst the 10C has gained some extra features like 'Video Tagging' or 'Smart Audio Mix' which are FANTASTIC to have, it has also lost a couple, one that I've clearly noticed is that there's no 'UHD Voice Recording' which unfortunately hinders sound quality when recording your voice. That said, depending on your needs and expectations, the recording quality of the 10C may be absolutely fine.

When it comes to weight, the 10C weighs 34g (1.19oz) more than the 20S which weighs 60g (2.11oz), but is only marginly bigger in size, so is still very compact. Also despite the 10C having the extra camera feature, the 10C only has three main buttons and is surprisingly very simple to use. Sena have also given the 10C a "cool" & "unique" look which seems to grab other motorcyclists curiosity.

- Main Features:
∙ Action Cam & Bluetooth communication system/intercom in one device.
∙ Full HD 1080p Recording at 30FPS (720P at 60FPS is available).
∙ 125°FoV with F/2 aperture.
∙ 30° Lens rotation to level out footage.
∙ Time-Lapse Feature.
∙ 1.6km (1 mile) intercom range (with no obstacles in the way).
∙ Up to four-way intercom.
∙ Voice prompts (the headset will tell you when a mode is activated, so you're always aware of what's happening).
∙ Smart audio mix (Overlay intercom conversations, music, FM radio or phonecalls to your footage).
∙ Video tagging.
∙ Microphone noise control.
∙ Music sharing to other intercoms.
∙ FM Radio.
∙ Universal Intercom.
∙ Use whilst charging.
∙ Firmware Upgradable.*

There is a firmware upgrade that's already available, so before using the 10C, go to Sena's website and search for their 'Device Manager' which is needed to update the 10C.

∙ Main Headset Unit.
∙ Helmet Clamp.
∙ Adhesive Mounting Plate.
∙ Helmet Speakers.
∙ Attachable Boom Mic.
∙ Boom Mic Holder.
∙ Mic Wind Shields.
∙ Wired Mic.
∙ USB - Micro USB Cable.
∙ Car Charger (Cigarette Port).
∙ Pads, Covers and Hook & Loop Fasteners for Speakers & Mics.
∙ Allen Wrench.
∙ Quick Start Guide.

- Recommended Extras:
∙ MicroSD Memory Card (The 10C only supports up to 32GB).

♦ Helmet Attachment Set-Up ♦

- Mount:

You have two choices to mount the 10C to your helmet; either by using the helmet clamp or the adhesive plate.

I used the helmet clamp as not only does it not leave any residue onto my helmet, it makes the whole mounting and un-mounting a quick and easy process.

To attach the helmet clamp, ensure the clamp is loosened by using the included Allen wrench to undo the bolts; then slide the clamp onto your helmet (the part going inside your helmet should go between the shell and the cushion).

After it's slotted in firmly and you're happy with the position, tighten up the bolts so the clamp is fixed in position.

If you're using the adhesive plate, ensure the area it's being placed on is cleaned and dried (alcohol wipes are good to use). It's best to leave the adhesive plate on for at least 24 hours before mounting the 10C on to ensure it has settled properly.

- Main Unit, Speakers & Microphone:

I found it easier to mount the 10C onto my helmet and getting it in the correct position before setting everything else up. The 10C slides onto the mount, then you can adjust the vertical angle by loosening the wheel then twisting the camera around, and then twist the lens for the horizontal alignment.

The speakers slot into the rear-right port of the 10C and the microphone is then plugged into a connector on the speakers cables. Place the speakers somewhere that's comfortable (if your helmet has speaker pockets, even better), then insert the microphone somewhere secure such as between the cheek pads and the helmet shell whilst allowing the boom part to protrude out.

♦ Intercom & Smartphone Set-Up ♦

- Intercom (Sena Intercoms):
1) Whilst powered on, hold the jog button down for 5 seconds to enter intercom pairing.
2) Ensure the other Sena headset is also in intercom pairing mode.
3) Press the jog button.

- Intercom (Non-Sena Intercoms):
You will need to navigate through the 10C configuration menu by holding the jog button down for 12 seconds.

- Smartphone:
1) Whilst powered on, hold the phone button down for 5 seconds to enter phone pairing.
2) Ensure your smartphones Bluetooth in activated, then search and click on 'Sena 10C'.

♦ 10C Usability & Battery Life ♦

- Usability:

If you've used a 20S before then you'll have no issues in operating the 10C as the commands are the same, the only addition to learn is the camera button which is very simple to use.

I would advise looking at the quick guide included or by using the one available on the app, which is great when you're on the go.

The buttons are well positioned and are easy to use, it just takes a little practice to remember the commands.

If there's one change I could make, it would be to match the size of the control wheel to the 20S. Although it's still at a size where it's usable, the 20S is much user friendly.

- Battery Life:

Sena have advertised the 10C in having battery life for the following:
∙ Talk time (Intercom) - 17 hours.
∙ Radio on time - 8 hours.
∙ Recording time - 2 hours.

Testing the intercom or radio for such amounts of time is rather extreme, so I decided to test the battery life from full charge on the most battery draining feature, video recording, and these are the results I got:
∙ Recording without using any Bluetooth or intercom features in 1080p: 2hrs, 17min & 21sec.
∙ Recording whilst connected to my smartphone via Bluetooth and playing music in 1080p: 2hrs, 7min & 32sec.

The 10C monitors the battery levels and will disable recording as to leave you with decent talk time left, which is a very good feature to have.

All in all the battery life is quite respectful, however I do want to point out that it's not removable. So why is this a problem? Well, whilst not entirely an issue if it was just used as an intercom because of how little often you would need to charge it, as it's being used as an action camera, you will find yourself charging it more often. Rechargeable batteries have a certain amount of charging cycles before it dies, so for action cameras it's quite important to be able to replace them when they're rendered useless.

♦ Audio Quality & Wireless Range ♦

- Intercom Quality (10C connected to 20S):

I couldn't say anything bad about the audio quality whilst having an intercom conversation.

The other person was clear and easy to understand and apparently I was too.

- Phonecall Quality:

Being on the receiving end, the quality is only going to be as good as the other persons phone.

The receiver from my audio stated that it was clear that I wasn't directly on a phone, however had no idea I was actually riding my motorcycle. He did point out that the quality he was receiving could have some improvement.

- FM Radio Quality:

This may vary from person to person depending on the area they're in.

Basing it on my experience, the FM radio quality was absolutely superb, a huge improvement in quality from my 20S.

No matter which way I turned my head or whatever directly I was riding, the quality was consistent.

- Music Quality:

I listen to various genres from classical, pop, rock, electronica and dub-step and I found the quality to be more than satisfactory; well balance and clear sounding.

You can achieve a high volume level with very little distortion, however I really wouldn't recommend it that high as we need some road awareness with our ears for safety.

- Intercom Wireless Range:

For a Bluetooth device, the intercom range is actually very good (although not as good as the 20S).

On a nice clear stretch, my friend and I were quite some distance away from each other, myself being quite a few cars in front and we had no noticeable drop outs.

However, add some corners with a lot of obstacles in the way such as a lot trees and you will notice the range will decrease significantly, so just bare that in mind.

♦ Action Camera Quality ♦

- Video Quality:

Video files are recorded in 44min 36sec segments, so once you've gone past that time on a constant recording it will automatically create a new file. All video files are recorded in the QuickTime Movie (.mov) format.

As for video quality, I would say it's at an acceptable quality. Of course it's not going to be anywhere as near as the likes of Sony or GoPro branded action cameras, so if sharpness & clarity were a major factor for your videos, then maybe this isn't the right product for you, just remember that the 10C isn't marketed towards the same area as they are.

To break it down, the 10C performs well in daylight. decently in cloudy and just about okay in low-light with street lights around.

- Audio Quality (Voice Recording):

I have to say that in this department I'm fairly disappointed. Although usable, it's not something I'm used to coming from using the 20S and Prism.

Considering the Prism took the audio from the 20S via Bluetooth, the voice recordings came out so clear! But with the 10C having a wired microphone, I honestly expected better.

Like I said it's usable, and to be honest a lot of people wanting to use this for motovlogging may think it will do just fine, I can see there being a lot of people finding the quality not acceptable.

- Overlays:

This is a really neat feature to have; if you're listening to music, FM radio or talking via intercom, these audio's will be overlaid onto your video recordings, and they come out rather clear too. Do note that the audio will be as loud on the recordings as you have it, so if it's too loud for your ears, it will be too loud on the recordings.

These of course can be disabled (much easier doing it through the app), as well as there being an option which is turned off by default, to allow you to record your phone conversations!

For me, the overlaying "Smart Audio Mix" is a much loved feature!

♦ Smartphone App ♦

To anyone using the 10C, I would highly recommend downloading the 'Sena Utility' app on your smartphone as it's an incredibly useful app to have. Once connected to the app, you can view the following tabs:

∙ My Sena: This is the home screen, it tells you which firmware version your 10C has and which version is the latest to be released. You can also quickly select 'Basic Settings', 'Quick Guide' & 'User's Guide' on this page.

∙ Basic Settings: This page has a variety of settings to enable/disable, such as sidetone, voice prompts and audio boost etc... It also allows you to choose which video quality you would prefer to record with and which overlays you would like to enable etc...

∙ Speed Dial: Save up to three phone numbers for the speed dial feature.

∙ FM Radio: Select your region and save up to 10 of your favourite radio stations.

∙ Quick Guide: A guide for when on the go. This guide covers with coloured pictures and text how to operate the 10C. Topics range from adjusting volume, checking battery level, pairing with other devices, using the camera and other features. The layout is done very well which makes it easy to read and understand.

∙ User's Guide: A more intensive guide that pretty much covers EVERYTHING you need to know, however I personally found the quick guide more useful.

♦ Final Opinion ♦

The 10C really is a unique product within the motorcycle accessory market and is definitely something that will appeal to a lot of motorcyclists.

Considering how much features this device packs inside, I think the asking price is more than reasonable. Since owning this, I've had a couple of friends buy the 10C who have been satisfied by their purchase.

If you're someone who is looking for high quality wireless voice recording and a lot of the features the 10C has, then I would highly suggest going for the 20S & Prism instead.

Overall I would recommend the 10C, just make sure it ticks your boxes before you go ahead.

✔ Pros:
✓ 10C packs a whole load of features into one unit.
✓ Great looking device.
✓ Simple mounting system.
✓ Very good button layout for ease of use.
✓ Intercom is very clear.
✓ Receiving audio from smartphone is good quality.
✓ Video tagging mode is a great additional feature for motorcyclists.
✓ Battery life is impressive.

✘ Non-removable battery.
✘ No 'UHD Voice Recording'.

► Note: I received this product in exchange for an unbiased review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Geox U32A5C Uomo Symbol, Men's Low-Top Sneakers, Black (Black), 10 UK (44 EU)
Geox U32A5C Uomo Symbol, Men's Low-Top Sneakers, Black (Black), 10 UK (44 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very smart and comfortable, 20 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to be honest, I've never actually heard of GEOX before which might be due to the fact that I tend to go to the cheaper shoe shops; I don't normally like spending more than £20 on a pair of footwear because I go through them so quickly, but that may be because I do go for the cheaper brands.

Before I explain about my experience with these, I did want to point out that the shoebox was quite badly dented on arrival, and it was quite apparent that it was because Amazon had put the packaging in a fairly thin bag rather than a box. The sneakers were undamaged, however I thought it would be important to point out, just in case you may buy these as a gift for someone, it's never good to give someone something that looks like it has fallen off a lorry.

When I took the pair out from the box I instantly felt the quality difference compared to the cheaper brands I normally go for, there really was a big difference in favour of the Geox brand of course.

Not only do these feel of high quality, you can tell just by looking at them that more time and care were taken to have these made; they have an incredibly smart, clean and neat look to them, they're well trimmed and didn't have any bits of material hanging off.

The types of shoes I tend to go for are much wider in the toe area, I've tried a narrower pair once, but they would push my toes into each other making them uncomfortable, but they didn't seem to narrow as much, which is why I gave them a chance. I'm pleased to say the narrowing was proportionate leaving enough space for my toes.

All in all I found these to be very comfortable and I'm not getting as much rubbing on my heels as I had expected.

So after wearing these, would I spend that extra cash next time for the extra quality & comfort? A part of me says yes, however being someone who is on their feet for the most of the day doing 12 hour shifts, I really need to see how long they last. If they last much longer, then I definitely will.

.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.

EDIT: I've been wearing these at my work for the last couple of days doing fairly long shifts and I have to say these have been a real pleasure to wear.

As these wear in, I do get the leather rubbing into my heels, but only very slightly that it doesn't actually bother me.

AmazonBasics Premium Over-Ear Headphones
AmazonBasics Premium Over-Ear Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Quality Audio, 17 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At the time of writing this review, there are two different headphones which share the same product page: AmazonBasics On-Ear Headphones (White) & AmazonBasics Premium Over-Ear Headphones (Black).

The product I'm reviewing is the AmazonBasics Premium Over-Ear Headphones (Black).

.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.

This product comes in Amazons own "frustration free" basic cardboard box style packaging, although I wouldn't say it's entirely frustration free as a very stubborn sticker is placed over the opening flap (scissors or anything with a sharp edge will be required).

Inside the box you will find:
∙ AUX Cable w/ in-line mic and remote.*
∙ Headphones.

I'm a big fan of not having a fixed wire attached to the headphones, because should the wire ever gets caught, it will just pop out of the AUX socket rather than breaking the headphones or worse, jolting your head.

The headphones are plain looking, yet have a subtle smartness to them with the use of a bit of gloss black and the majority being matte black.

They're extremely lightweight which is probably down to it being made almost entirely out of plastic which does have a slight cheap feel, however the headband and ear-cup cushions are so soft! Very nice to the touch and incredibly comfortable when wearing.

As for sound, these do a very good job, though not having a price available at hand at the time of writing this review, I can't say whether the audio quality reflects the price, so I will have to compare it to my Sony MDR-10RC which have an RRP of £99, but can be picked up for roughly £50.

If I were to compare them in regards to style and build quality, then the Sony pair would win by a mile. If it came to sound quality, Sony would win again, but only by a fraction; reason is down to the Sony's being able to produce that extra bass which I love, but other than that Amazon have done a fantastic job in sound quality. Audio is very clear and clean sounding, I can't notice any distortion at high volume levels, plus are just overall well balanced in general, in my opinion.

If you're not someone who's bothered about going for the bigger, more well known brands headphones, and just want something that's comfortable and produces very good sound quality, then these are for you.

Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel (PS4, PS3) UK-Plug
Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel (PS4, PS3) UK-Plug

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable to use, 13 Aug. 2015
Length:: 6:19 Mins

♦ Introduction ♦

It seems like this racing wheel is getting a lot of bad feedback from other customers, however it seems like it's not due to the racing wheel being bad, but more to do with a lot of them having shelled out a lot of money on a previous version that was made for the PS3 which ended up not being compatible with the PS4.

To be honest I can understand why they must feel mugged, after all, these systems aren't cheap so you would at least want it to be future proof, however it's unfair to judge a product alone because it works with the newer consoles and the previous models don't.

There may actually be something with the newer consoles (hardware or software) that aren't compatible with the preview models of this racing wheel which ultimately prevents it from working. The reason I say this is that it's not just a plug in and play racing wheel, you have to actually select on the unit which console you're using it on, so if you select the wrong option it won't work.

The Logitech G29 is a solid piece of kit which not only feel of top quality but looks great too; that's from the steering wheel all the way down to the pedals.

- Features:
∙ Dual-Motor Force Feedback: Simulates a "realistic" racing experience.
∙ On-Wheel Game Controls: Directional and action buttons located for ease of access.
∙ 24-Point Selection Dial: "Gives you greater control over your car's set-up" (I can't find information on when's best to use this).
∙ RPM/Shift Indicator LEDs: Lets you know when to shift to the next gear.
∙ Nonlinear Brake Pedal: Pressure-sensitive brake system.
∙ Secure Mounting: Built-in clamps and bolts.

- Wheel Specs:
∙ Rotation: 900 degrees lock-to-lock.
∙ Hall-effect steering sensor.
∙ Dual-Motor Force Feedback.
∙ Overheat safeguard.
∙ Height: 270 mm (10.63 in).
∙ Width: 260 mm (10.24 in).
∙ Length: 278 mm (10.94 in).
∙ Weight without cables: 2.25 kg (4.96 lb).

- Pedals Specs:
∙ Nonlinear brake pedal.
∙ Patented carpet grip system.
∙ Textured heel grip.
∙ Self-calibrating.
∙ Height: 167 mm (6.57 in).
∙ Width: 428.5 mm (16.87 in).
∙ Depth: 311 mm (12.24 in).
∙ Weight without cables: 3.1 kg (6.83 lb).

- Materials:
∙ Wheel spokes: Anodized aluminium.
∙ Wheel cover Hand-stitched leather.
∙ Steering shaft: Steel.
∙ Shifter paddles: Brushed stainless steel.
∙ Mounting clamps: Glass-filled nylon.
∙ Pedal frames and arms: cold rolled steel.
∙ Pedal faces: Brushed stainless steel.
∙ Pedal piston sleeves: Polyoxymethylene thermoplastic.

♦ Box Contents & Recommended Extras ♦

∙ Racing Wheel.
∙ Pedal Set (Ft. Clutch, Brake & Acceleration Pedals).
∙ Power Adapter.
∙ Instruction Manual.*

*The instruction manual is basic yet clear to ensure you know how to get the steering wheel set-up, however I feel it lacks explanation on some of the features it offers, such as the '24-point selection dial' which for being new to using these steering wheels, I'm very unsure on what this is actually used for.

- Recommended Extras:
∙ The USB cable protruding from Racing Wheel is roughly 1.9m in length, so depending on your circumstances, you may need a USB Extension Cable.
∙ If you don't have an appropriate area to place the racing wheel, then something like the Racing Wheel & Pedal Stand may be suitable.

♦ Set-Up ♦

This was extremely straightforward:

1) Connect the pedal set to the steering wheel (pedal socket is located underneath the racing wheel).
-) There is also a socket for a driving force shifter, if you happen to have one.
2) Connect the power cable to the steering wheel (power socket is next to the pedal socket).
3) Insert the steering wheel USB into your consoles USB port.
4) Mount the racing wheel onto a stand or table. There is a knob on both sides of the steering wheel system which can be popped out and loosened to open up the clamp underneath; once in place, tighten the knobs.
5) Place the pedal set into an ideal position.
6) Move the switch located on the steering wheel to select the console you are using. If it's on the PS3 setting and you're using a PS4, it will not work unless 'PS4' is selected.

♦ PS4 Use & Game Compatibility ♦

You will need to turn the console on by either pressing the consoles power button, or via controller. Even with the steering wheel connected, you cannot control the PS4 when it's turned off or in standby mode.

Once the PS4 is loaded, you can navigate around with the steering wheel to select a user to be assigned, navigate through the home screen and of course, selecting a game etc...

If a controller is already assigned to a user, you can select the same user with the steering wheel and it will be assigned as a second controller.

- Game Compatibility:

The steering wheel may not work with every driving game as it didn't work with Rocket League; sure it's not a racing game per se, however it does involve cars. I can imagine if this steering wheel had worked, it would be extremely fun, especially as the command buttons are easily in reach. It's a shame it didn't work, however these steering wheel systems may have to be programmed by the game developers to be compatible with their games.

That aside, with actual proper racing games such as Driveclub (PS4), this steeling wheel is of course very compatible.

♦ "Driving" Experience ♦

"Challenging" & "Extremely Fun" are how I would describe my experience when using this set-up with Driveclub.

The steering wheel is extremely responsive and outputs decent resistance when turning corners and especially when hitting a barrier, plus whenever I went of the race track, I could really feel the bumps on the terrain which made the experience so enjoyable.

Now I'm not sure if it's down to the game or steering wheel (probably the game), when driving on a straight bit of road I couldn't feel any vibration although the car was, this was a little disappointing as it made the driving feel a bit flat.

When driving in game, you will notice a set of LED's that go from green to amber then red, which indicates you should shift up a gear: A much liked feature I must say.

As for the pedals, they also seems decently responsive, so nothing bad to say in that department.

All in all this racing wheel set-up is easy to navigate and use, but to be good with it may require some practice.

♦ Final Opinion ♦

Coming from someone who's never owned a racing wheel before (I've been on some in arcades, but that's about it), I have had a very enjoyable experience using this, and can't wait to get some more driving games to use it even further.

A lot of my friends love driving games, so is going to add some extra entertainment to our gaming nights.

✓ Luxury quality feel.
✓ Well built.
✓ Easy to set-up and use.
✓ Force feedback feels awesome.

✖ Cons:
✘ Not compatible with every car based games (May not be direct fault of the wheel).
✘ Instruction manual could elaborate on some of the features.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2015 2:38 AM BST

Sumvision 4-Port High Speed Portable Desktop Universal USB Charger with PowerIQ Smart Technology for iPhone, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Nokia and More (Black)
Offered by Tenzy

5.0 out of 5 stars Very decent multi-port USB charger, 24 July 2015
There are two different versions which share the same product page: 4-Port Charger | 6-Port Charger.

The product I'm reviewing is the 4-Port version, which was provided by the manufacturer for an unbiased review.

♦ Introduction ♦

There are a couple of ways to charge your devices these days: Plug into a computer (depending on type of device can be really slow to charge); Use the OEM charger (optimum charge, but takes up an outlet for just one output); Use a multi-port USB charger.

A lot of USB chargers which feature multiple ports have various output options, for example: 1A output & 2.1A output, but most just want to plug in their devices without having the hassle of deciding which port to plug their devices into, and this is where the this product comes in.

Sumvision's portable universal USB charger with "PowerIQ Smart Technology" doesn't have any output powers printed near the ports, it just says "smart", which gives a little peace in mind.

Each port is able to achieve a peak of 2.4A and will only output as much as your connected device can handle, so no need to worry whether your device can handle 1A or the full 2.4A.

Unlike some other USB outlet chargers which hug the wall socket, this one has a fairly long cable. Having this extra length makes it ideal for me to have it come out from the back of my desk and near to my PC.

♦ Box Contents, Specs & Optional Extras ♦

∙ Main Unit.
∙ Power Cable.
∙ Instruction Manual.

- Specs:
∙ Main Unit Dimensions: 9cm x 5.7cm x 2.7cm.
∙ Power Cable Length: 1.4 metres.
∙ Port Output: Up to 2.4A.

- Optional Extras:
Micro USB Cable.
Mini USB Cable.
Lightning Cable.

As this charger doesn't include any charging cables, you'll need to use any you have already or purchase the appropriate cables for your devices.

Most devices these days use either the Micro USB or Lightning type cables.

♦ Final Opinion ♦

If I could add one feature to this product to make it better, it would have to be adding individual LED's by each port which indicate when the connected device is charging and when it has been charged, but that's my personal opinion.

Other than that, I've been really pleased with this product.

It looks smart, doesn't take up too much space and it seems to charge up all my devices rather swiftly, plus it hasn't over-charged any of my devices so far.

✓ Sleek & smart looking.
✓ Optimum output for fast charging.
✓ Decent length power cable.

✘ N/A.
Comment Comment | Permalink

DBPOWER® 600A Peak 16500mAh Portable Car Jump Starter DJS30 Battery Charger Phone Laptop Power Bank
Offered by Bravo Tech

4.0 out of 5 stars Some issues to take note off, otherwise a useful product to have, 22 July 2015
There are three different versions which share the same product page: 12000mAh/400A w/Dual USB Ports | 12000mAh/400A | 16500mAh/600A.

The product I'm reviewing is the DJS30 - 16500mAh version, which was provided by the manufacturer for an unbiased review.

♦ Introduction ♦

Aimed more towards vehicle owners than people just wanting to charge their smart devices, the DJS30 not only charges smart devices but also packs quite a few features which would be suitable in the case of a breakdown.

∙ 16,500 mAh battery.
∙ 12V, 16V & 19V outputs.
∙ "Emergency" red LED light.
∙ Bright LED torch w/ multiple modes.
∙ Jump starter that's compatible multiple vehicles.
∙ Three USB charging ports: One 5V/1A & two 5V/2.1A.

♦ Box Contents ♦

All the contents are packed into smart hard shelled carry case, which has the 'DBPOWER' logo on front with a yellow trim:

∙ Main Unit.*
∙ AC Adapter.
∙ Cigarette Port Adapter.
∙ Jump Start Cables.
∙ Micro USB Cable.
∙ Barrel Cable.
∙ Assorted Barrel Cable Connectors (A, B, C, D, E, F, I & K).
∙ Instruction Manual.**

*The main unit is very large and bulky which does make it tricky to hold. Although it does have ridges that can be used to grasp the unit, it's all very smooth plastic so has no real grip. On a plus side it does have a nice look design and has small rubber feet, so when placed down it doesn't slip around.

**Whilst the instruction manual is easy to understand, the jump starting instructions don't seem quite complete as there's no mention of when to turn the power bank on, or whether a button needs to be pressed once everything is all connected.

♦ In Use ♦

Due to the nature of this product, I would highly recommend reading the instruction manual before use. It's also recommended to give the unit a full charge which is between 4-5 hours.

This device a power switch and button. The switch is to stop any power wastage in case the power button is accidentally pressed, so when in use, make sure this is switched to 'Off'.

The power button is what is used to activate the device and toggle through the different features such as:

∙ Selecting output voltage: Keep pressing the power button to cycle through the different voltages (12V, 16V & 19V). As a safety precaution, the voltage cannot be cycled through when a barrel cable is connected.

I've used this to charge up my laptop which it seems to do fine job of, however sometimes there's an annoying high pitched sound that comes from this unit when using this feature, which is unpleasant to the ears.

∙ Power to USB port: With the unit turned on, the USB port will be active when non of the voltage LED's are lit up.

∙ Using the torch: Hold the power button down for three seconds. When the torch is on, press the power button to cycle through to strobe, SOS then off.

The torch has a very decent brightness, however I do think that in some situations it may be too bright, so if there was a dimmed feature, that would have been a great addition.

∙ Emergency light: This light is activated by double tapping the power button and can be deactivated by doing the same command. It produces a bright red flashing LED light. This is to help add an extra presence in darker conditions, however it's mainly recommended that you use a Warning Triangle and place it in excess of 45m away from your vehicle in a breakdown situation.

#NOTE: I have yet to be in a situation where I can use the jump starter feature, however I will update this review when I get the chance to use it (If only I had this a couple of weeks ago when my motorcycle had a flat battery).

♦ Final Opinion ♦

There are a few issues that need looking into by the manufacturer, however it's still a useful product to have.

As for its price, at the time of writing this review it seems fairly competitive to others on the market which have a similar battery capacity and features.

✓ Cool looking design.
✓ Very large battery capacity.
✓ Useful device to have in your vehicle.
✓ LED torch is very bright.

− Neutral:
- No dimmable torch feature.
- Emergency light would be more suitable with an amber coloured light.

✖ Cons:
✘ Awkward to hold & not a lot of grip.
✘ High pitched sound when using the 19V feature.
✘ No dimmable torch feature.
Comment Comment | Permalink

AFTERPARTZ T450 Car Jump Starter 12000mAh 450A for Gas / Petrol / Diesel, 5V/2.1A 3USB & 12/16/19V Output Portable Battery Charger Power Bank for Laptop / Phone / Tablet, with Smart Clamp Cable - Built-in Protection & LED Flashlight
Offered by Treasure Nova

5.0 out of 5 stars A piece of kit you'll want to have in your vehicle at all times, 22 July 2015
There are three different versions which share the same product page: 8000mAh | 12000mAh | 16800mAh.

The product I'm reviewing is the T450 - 12000mAh version, which was provided by the manufacturer for an unbiased review.

♦ Introduction ♦

AFTERPARTZ T450 isn't just your ordinary power bank, it has a very large battery capacity, the ability to charge multiple devices at once, a torch and jump starter, so is definitely a piece of kit you'll want to keep in your vehicle at all times.

∙ 12,000mAh battery.
∙ 12V, 16V & 19V outputs.
∙ Bright torch w/ multiple modes.
∙ Jump starter that's compatible multiple vehicles.
∙ Three USB charging ports: One 5V/1A & two 5V/2.1A.

♦ Box Contents ♦

All the contents are packed into a hard shelled carry case:

∙ Main Unit.*
∙ AC Adapter.
∙ Cigarette Port Adapter.
∙ Jump Start Cables.
∙ USB Cable w/ Mini USB, Micro USB, lightning and 30-Pin connector.
∙ Barrel Cable.
∙ Assorted Barrel Cable Connectors (A, B, C, D, E, F, I & K).
∙ Instruction Manual.**

*The main unit feels incredibly robust! Most of the exterior has a subtle amount of grip, enough for it to not easily slip out of my hand, though due to how big it is, sometimes it can be a little awkward to hold; maybe a little handle along the edge in future models could be a possibility.

Also an important thing to mention is that even with a rigorous shaking, there is no sound of a loose connection or part moving inside.

**The instruction manual is well written and is easy to understand.

♦ In Use ♦

Due to the nature of this product, I would highly recommend reading the instruction manual, especially when it comes to jump starting a vehicle. It's also recommended to give the unit a full recharge which takes between 3-4 hours.

Everything is controlled by one button which at first was a little confusing, however after having a little play around, there's not actually much to control:

∙ Turning on: Press the power button.

∙ Selecting voltage: Once the device is on, press the power button to cycle through the different voltages; do this before inserting the barrel connector into the output as there is a safety feature, which stops it from changing voltage when a device is connected.

I have a fairly old laptop with a quite unreliable battery, I was able to charge my laptop by roughly 30% which left the power bank with two bars of power left.

∙ Using the torch: Once the device is on, hold the power button down for three seconds to activate the torch. When the torch is on, press the button to cycle through to strobe, SOS then off.

The torch is incredibly bright which is great to have, however it would be even better if there was an additional mode that dims down the light as it may be too bright is certain situations.

To charge up devices via USB, you simply link them to one of the appropriate USB output ports via a USB cable. If they don't start automatically charging, press the power button.

I haven't had the opportunity to test out the jump starter feature; if only I had this a couple of weeks ago when I was stranded on my motorcycle with a flat battery! Anyway, when I'm next in a position where I can try this feature out, I will update this review.

One important feature that's worth mentioning is the special indicator on the jump cables which tells you whether there's an error in the connection, this is something that some other similar products on the market don't have.

♦ Final Opinion ♦

It may be seem fairly expensive, however it does pack a lot of features inside which will come in handy more often than not.

There's always a chance you may at some point end up stuck somewhere due to a flat battery, and if there's no one around to help you jump start your vehicle, well... That's not really a situation you want to be in. If your battery is the problem and is able to be jump started, then you'll be saving yourself not only on time, but call out fees (depending on what you already have covered).

✓ Neat looking design.
✓ Very solid and rigidly build.
✓ Packs a whole load of features inside.
✓ Smart clamp cable.
✓ Multiple USB charging points.
✓ Very bright LED light.

− Neutral:
- No dimmable torch feature.

✖ Cons:
✘ Can be a little awkward to hold at times.

Sena SC-HR-01 Handlebar Remote for Bluetooth Communication System
Sena SC-HR-01 Handlebar Remote for Bluetooth Communication System

4.0 out of 5 stars Some issues need to be addressed, but otherwise really useful to have, 17 July 2015
♦ Introduction ♦

Sena headsets such as the 20S are more than simple to use, however it does require the user to take one of their hands off the handlebars temporarily, which in some scenarios can be dangerous.

The 'SC-HR-01' aims to reduce risk by allowing the user to control their headset in thumbs reach whilst gripping onto their handlebar

∙ Water resistant.
∙ 3 Months operation time (From full charge).
∙ Clamping system for easy handlebar mounting.
∙ Firmware Upgradeable.

- Compatible Headsets:
∙ 10C.
∙ 10U.
∙ 20S.
∙ Other Sena headsets with Bluetooth 4.1.

∙ Handlebar remote.
∙ 2x Rubber Bands.
∙ Micro USB charging Cable.
∙ Instruction Manual.

- Instruction Manual Issues:

The first issue I came across was with the pairing section: Whilst it's very clear on how to put the remote in it's own pairing mode, it's not clear how to put the main three devices which are compatible (10C, 10U & 10C) into their own appropriate pairing mode for this device. Whilst I wouldn't normally expect a devices manual to tell you how to get a different device into its pairing mode, the remote is only compatible with other Sena devices, so adding a little extra leaflet wouldn't to help with this process wouldn't do any harm.

Alternatively, Sena need to update their compatible devices manuals (which can be viewed on their App) so that people can look for a pairing reference. For example: Whilst the Sena 20S has a section mentioning how to access its configuration menu, there's nowhere stating that's where you need to go to and navigate through to be able to pair it to the handlebar remote.

Second issue I came across was within the command section: Not all commands are correct (well, in use with the 20S anyway). Commands like adjusting the volume and skipping tracks are all correct, but starting an intercom or activating the voice dial for example, are not correctly written down, which is going to be a problem for anyone who just wants to read and memorise the appropriate commands rather than having a play around to figure out which does what.

♦ Set-Up ♦

- Before Set-Up:

Regardless if there's any charge already in the remote, I would recommend giving it a full charge of 2 hours before use.

- Pairing Process:

1) With the handlebar remote turned on (tap the front button), hold the rear button for approximately 5 seconds.

2) Enter the 'Remote Control Pairing' mode within your headset.
∙ 20S: Hold the 20S jog dial for 12 seconds until you hear "Configuration Menu", then scroll forward using the 20S control wheel until you hear "Remote Control Pairing", then press the phone button on the 20S.
∙ 10C: Currently haven't had the chance to use the 10C yet, so will write how to when I get the opportunity to use it.
∙ 10U: I do not own this device, so cannot comment on how to connect the two together.

3) With the two devices being in their appropriate pairing mode, the two should automatically connect.

- Mounting Onto Your Motorcycle:

1) Stretch open up the clamp and place it over the handlebar grips (left side). The front button should be located above the joystick.

2) If you feel like the remote doesn't have enough grip when mounted, apply one or two of the rubber bands onto your grips.

3) Adjust the remote so that it's at an ideal angle and that your clutch lever doesn't clash with the remote when it's pulled in fully.

The correct way to have the remote is having the joystick at a vertical position (on my bike, it was perfectly aligned with my indicator switch.

An alternate way to have it so your clutch lever slots in between the gaps; I technically preferred it this way, however it made it very hard for me to hit my indicator switch, so I reverted back to the default position.

It's quite hard to say which way would be most suitable for your motorcycle as different makes/models have different riding positions, button layouts or accessories that may further facilitate or hinder your experience compared to mine.

♦ In-Use ♦

There's one thing to bare in mind when using this is that it does force your left hand to be placed further out from the grips than you may do normally, I normally keep my hands towards in the inner areas of my grips than the outer area, so it did take me awhile to get used to. For some it may mean adjusting the clutch so it comes in a bit closer.

So far I've tried it on two different bikes/set-ups:

1) My bike: Honda NC750S w/default levers (Street): Works well.
2) My friends: Yamaha R6 w/short levers (Super Sport): Is not suitable at all.

The riding position of the R6 definitely didn't exactly help in the lack of comfortability when using this, however the main culprit would be the short levers. As the remote takes space within the inner part of your handlebar grips, it doesn't leave your hands much space to grip on the clutch.

Once I had gotten used to my new hand position when using this on my bike, it wasn't too much of a bother. The only thing I have to do when using this is having to stretch my thumb out a little bit further to hit my indicator, however at no point was it blocking me from accessing any of my motorcycle controls.

The remote's front button and joystick can easily be pressed with the thumb and the rear button with my index finger (this is with me wearing summer gloves).

My main uses for the remote so far has been adjusting volume, skipping and pausing music, accepting phone calls and connecting to another's intercom and so far it has worked perfectly.

♦ Final Opinion ♦

It is a great accessory to have that really compliments (in my case) the 20S. I would rather have to deal with my moved over hand position than having to remove my hand off my handlebar and press the 20S directly.

It's a shame the instruction manual isn't up to scratch, however this is something they could hopefully sort out.

As for compatibility, it may not be suitable for all bikes, however I can see street and touring bikes being the most suitable for this particular product.

✓ Easy to press buttons.
✓ Very long battery life.
✓ Convenient product to have.

✖ Cons:
✘ Instruction manual needs sorting out.
✘ May not be suitable everyone (depends on motorcycle and accessories etc...).

► Disclaimer: I was provided with this product in exchange for an unbiased review.

XCSOURCE® Macro Extension Tube for Sony E-Mount NEX-3 NEX-6 NEX-5R NEX-7 A7S A7R A7 LF434
Offered by XCSOURCE

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work with my Sony A6000, 16 July 2015
I used this with my Sony A6000 & 35mm Sony Macro Lens, however it just couldn't focus on anything (manual and auto).

I had double checked everything was put on appropriately and also tried multiple combinations with the extension tube, but to no avail.

It's a shame because so many others who have reviewed this product have had good results with the same camera I was using.

Though basing it down with my own personal experience, I couldn't recommend this product at all.

Panasonic RPHXS400EW 1.2 m On Ear Street Headphones - White
Panasonic RPHXS400EW 1.2 m On Ear Street Headphones - White
Offered by DIGITALGUY INTERNATIONAL, INC

1.0 out of 5 stars So uncomfortable!, 6 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First of all I want to point out these are on-ear headphones, not over-ear as the description at the time of writing this review suggests; so depending on when you're reading this, the information may have been corrected.

As for first impressions, I thought they looked really neat. I like the simple white and orange colour scheme with a circular metal brushed area on each side of the headphones.

The headphones are extremely lightweight, though feel of a tacky plastic; there are also some sharp feeling corners too.

When I had put them on my head for the first time I felt an incredibly uncomfortable tight pinch, so I took them off and flexed the headband for a couple of minutes in the hopes it would loosen that pinch, but unfortunately it didn't. Not even 5 minutes into wearing them I had to start adjusting them around and even then they were too uncomfortable to keep wearing. As a glasses wearer I tend to find on-ear headphones less comfortable than other types, however I've never had any as bad as these.

Sound quality, average sounding to say the least.

Down to my own experiences, I couldn't recommend these.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20