Shop now Shop Now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for MyKeyReviews > Reviews

Content by MyKeyReviews
Top Reviewer Ranking: 66

MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
August MS315 - Portable Mini Speaker - Keyring Travel Speakers with Built-In Rechargeable Battery - 3.5mm Standard Audio Cable for use with MP3 Players / Mobiles / Laptops
Offered by Daffodil UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent little speaker, 30 Nov. 2015
♦ Introduction ♦

The MS315 by August is a pocket sized speaker which makes it very portable. Unlike a lot of speakers these days, this speaker is not Bluetooth compatible, but rather relies on a fixed auxiliary cable to connect to devices.

The design looks very much like a Christmas tree bauble, even more so when the cable is secured. Personally, I think it looks rather neat.

This speaker comes in a variety of colours to choose from: Black | Blue | Green | Pink | Red. I was provided with the green one from the supplier in exchange for an unbiased review, however had unfortunately received a faulty unit, not a good start I must say.

Nevertheless I was quickly provided with a replacement, this time a black one. Both colour schemes look good, however I preferred the black.

♦ Packaging & Contents ♦

The unit comes in a small, basic plastic box (6cm x 6cm x 7,5cm) and is transparent so you can see exactly what the speaker looks like before opening it.

- Inside you will find:
∙ MS315 speaker.
∙ USB to Aux charging cable.*
∙ Instruction manual.

* You will need a powered USB port to charge the speaker; it is recommended to give it a full charge of 2.5 hours before use. With a full charge, the battery should last for up to 8 hours.

♦ In-Use & Sound Quality ♦

To use this speaker, it will need to be powered on using the switch on the base; you can tell when it's powered due to the 'August' logo lighting up. Once powered up, insert the audio connector into the connecting devices headphone jack. From here you will need to adjust the volume through the connected device.

The sound output is definitely miles better than my phones internal speakers (Xperia Z3 Compact), not only in volume but clarity also. I found even when at its max volume, there is no distortion whatsoever.

Although I can achieve a decent volume level, it's more at a personal level if I want to chill out. However, it's not at a level where if I have a couple of friends around that I would choose this speaker.

♦ Final Thoughts ♦

Overall this is a decent travel sized speaker that would make a cracking stocking filler.

For under £10, you can't go wrong but if the price ever goes any higher than £10, I'd say give it a miss.

► Disclaimer: I received this product at a discount to evaluate and publish a non-biased review.

Sony PlayStation 4 HDD Cover : Aqua Blue
Sony PlayStation 4 HDD Cover : Aqua Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Enhance your PlayStation 4 with style, 28 Nov. 2015
Length:: 3:47 Mins

This "custom faceplate" or hard disk drive simply replaces the current one already installed on your PlayStation 4.

Spoilt for choice, they come in a variety of different colours: Blue, Gold, Orange, Red & White, however unfortunately some colours may only be available when purchased through a DS4/Cover combo.

Included inside the packaging are some instructions, however the process of removing the old cover is done by simply sliding it off (If the PS4 is standing upright, you slide the glossy cover up). Then to insert the new one on, you simply reverse the process.

I ended up loving the look far more than I initially thought I would have. It's very eye catching, yet not over the top that you may find with other decals or stickers available on the market (to be honest, it's really down to personal preference). They have also kept the cover in a gloss finish which I like very much.

The price does seem a tad steep for what it is, however I don't regret purchasing it and would highly recommend.

Panasonic ES-LT2N 3 Blade Wet/Dry Electric Shaver for Men
Panasonic ES-LT2N 3 Blade Wet/Dry Electric Shaver for Men

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful results, 25 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was quite excited to give this shaver a try with the amount of features being advertised by the manufacture, all of which to give you a great shave; don't buy in to any of this.

Now to give credit where credit is due; the shaver feels very good quality with a solid build, it's VERY comfortable to hold, it has a nice colour scheme and isn't a fingerprint magnet, and finally it's easy to switch between the three head modes.

Unfortunately it fails miserably as a shaver all together. I've been giving this shaver a try for the past two weeks with utter shocking results with barely any hair being cut, no matter what length my hair is (short to medium length) and of course where it was being used (face or neck). I have even switched between the lock and free mode and have even tried every shaving direction.

I'm going back to the 'Braun Series 9 9095CC', it does a much better job.

Hamilton Beach Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, 4.75 Litre
Hamilton Beach Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, 4.75 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to have in your kitchen, 9 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I used to be awful when it came to cooking rice, I could never get the rice/water ratio correct and I have a bad tendency to get easily distracted and over cook it. Since doing a tonne of botched attempts at cooking rice, I went down the more convenient route of buying microwave packed rice, which really adds up in cost, especially when they're not on offer.

This rice cooker does an excellent job at cooking rice, making the whole process simple and frustration free.

I was cooking for four people including myself, so had put four full scoops of rice using the including measuring pot and placed it into the removable cooking pot. On the pot has marked measurements on the side; so having placed four full scoops of rice, all I had to do was full it up to the "4" marking. After placing the pot into the rice cooker, pop down the lid, select which rice you are cooking and press "Start".

There's a timer that counts down and the unit will bleep once the rice has been cooked. It will also keep it nice and warm if you don't want it right away.

When the lid is opened and steam drips down the lid and around the edge of the unit, it's designed in a way that it all collates into a little container on the side; I had no issues with water leakage on our kitchen surface.

Rice was very well cooked, not one bad thing I could say regarding the output quality.

As for cleaning, the cooking pot has a non-stick surface which made the cleaning process a breeze.

This rice cooker has made a fantastic addition to our kitchen and it's something I will be using from now on; going to save me a lot of money!

CCbetter® Intelligent 3D Pen, 3D Printing Pen,with Safety Holder, Free Filament, Color Blue with Black (Version III)
Offered by Linkpower

4.0 out of 5 stars Creative Fun, 7 Nov. 2015
I remember seeing this type of product awhile back and had always wanted to try one, so when I got offered this product I instantly jumped at the opportunity.

This product allows you to get in touch with your creative side by allowing you to create your own "3D" objects. This pen is apparently suitable for children that are aged over 8 and of course adults! Just bare in mind that this product produces A LOT of heat near the tip area, so if your child is using this, supervision is a must!

The 'Intelligent 3D Pen III' boasts several new features such as the nozzle having smart temperature and heating, 8 different speed settings and being extremely lightweight, weighing in at just 55 grams. It does state that it's the "lightest 3D pen in the globe", well, that's a bit of a bold statement considering there are many different brands on the market, however it is certainly lightweight, I'll give them that.

Included in the box you will find:
∙ 3D Printing Pen.
∙ Pen Holder.
∙ Power Adapter.*
∙ 2x PLA Filament.**
∙ Instruction Manual.

*The power adapter's cable could be much improved by having a longer length. Depending how far away you are from a power socket, I'd recommend using an extension cable.

**The filaments are meant for testing purposes, however if you've never tried a product like this before, the amount included isn't really enough to get a proper feel of this product, so I would highly recommend purchasing some extra supplies. Supported material is 1.75mm PLA/WOOD/ABS.

Setting up the 3D printing pen was actually much easier than expected:

1) Plug the power adapter into a powered socked and connect to the pen.
2) Highlight which plastic you will be using and press the wire feeding button to select it.
3) Wait for the LED light to turn green and insert the filament of choice.
4) Press the wire feeding button to feed the filament through.
5) Adjust desired speed using the speed control buttons.
6) Press the feeding button again to stop the feeding process.

I found the pen fed the filament through best when I had cut it certain length where it wasn't too long.

If at any point you wish to remove or change filament, stop the feeding process by pressing the wire feeding button, ensure the LED light is green, then hold the wire unload button for 3 seconds; it's pretty simple stuff. One time during my use when the filament got stuck, I used the unload option to help me remove it.

Personally, I found the continuous feeding rather frustrating. Although you'll probably get used to it eventually, I much prefer the idea of having to hold the feeding button down to control exactly when and when not to feed the filament. They could then have an option to activate a continuous feed by double tapping the button. That's my personal preference.

Rather than jumping straight into drawing, I would highly recommend watching some tutorial videos which are available online, There are also template printouts available.

I decided to jump straight into it which probably wan't the best idea, I should have used a template. I tried to make a cube, which then started to turn into the Eiffel Tower before converting it into a little house with a garage extension. Not quite a masterpiece, but very close I'd say.

By no means is this product easy to create stuff straight off the bat, it may require quite a bit of practice and patience, but stick to it and you will certainly prevail. Just look at some of the creations others have done online, and you will see the true potential these 3D print pens can do.

Overall I've had a lot of fun using this and I'm very eager to use it again soon, just need to buy some more supplies!

✔ Pros:
✓ Lightweight.
✓ Simple set-up.
✓ Comfortable to hold.
✓ PLA & ABS compatible.

✖ Cons:
✘ No complete control on filament feeding.
✘ Not enough "testing" filament included.
✘ Power adapter could have a longer cable.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A mesmerising speaker, 5 Nov. 2015
If you're looking for a speaker that's not too expensive, has reasonable audio quality and has an eye-catching feature, then you don't have to look any further.

These LED/water dancing speakers aren't new to the market, however comparing it to some others which all seem to be very similar in design, this one is actually much more unique looking.

- Box Contents -

The packaging I found to be very dull and boring which is a bit disappointing. I think they could have represented the speaker much better by adding a splash of colour to it, this would have made it more appealing to give as a gift.

∙ Speaker.
∙ Mini-USB to USB Cable.*
∙ AUX Cable.
∙ Instruction Manual.**
∙ Carry Pouch.

* You will need to plug the speaker into a powered USB port to charge this speaker.
**In all honesty, the instruction manual could have had a better layout and be written more clearly.

- Audio Inputs -

∙ Bluetooth:
When turned on, the speaker should already be on Bluetooth mode by default. With your compatible device's Bluetooth enabled, search for devices and the speaker should appear as "SUNSURE I6 T1"; click and connect.

Using the included AUX cable, you can connect this speaker to another audio device which has a headphone/auxiliary output.

∙ MicroSD:
If you have a microSD memory card, the speaker has a slot for it where it will read from the card. Unfortunately no where does it state which audio file extensions are compatible with this speaker.

- Audio Quality -

If you were to break it down as 2/3 of the price being for the speaker and 1/3 for the water/LED feature, then the sound quality is what I'd expect it to be. It definitely didn't knock my socks off, however I didn't expect it to for the price, it's technically within the budget range of portable speakers.

Audio quality is clear throughout most of the volume, though when at its max (which is quite loud I must add), you can notice quite a dip in quality with some distortion, however if you're having a small party, I don't think anyone would really take much notice.

Bass is average, don't expect much.

I did really like that the design allows the audio to be omnidirectional, so if placed into the centre of a room, it won't matter where you are around it, you will hear the audio equally.

- LED/Water Feature -

This is the main highlight about the speaker, being able to play music whilst water is propelled up with LED's lighting up the little jets of water.

To get straight to the point, the louder the volume, the higher the fountain of water goes. When I'm chilling and want the volume to an easy listening level, the fountain isn't very active; the highest point the water goes is about halfway, but that's mainly on the major beats.

Bump the volume between 90-100% and you will noticeably see a difference with the water fountain, much more active indeed and it looks AWESOME! Especially in lower light where it really lights up.

Talking point with guests, guaranteed.

- Final Thoughts -

It's a quirky speaker, but fun nevertheless. I'm sure there are many people who will fall in love with this speaker, it's a real eye-catcher and rather memorising too.

Portability wise... Yes it's portable, however it certainly wouldn't be my first choice to take with me if I were going out somewhere; it's still fairly big and the water feature isn't necessary for that kind of situation.

All in all, basing it on the water feature and sound quality as a whole, I think the asking price of £30 (at the time of review) is pretty fair.

► Disclaimer: I received this product to evaluate and publish a non-biased review.

Dymo XTL 500 Label Maker Kit QWERTY Keyboard (UK/IRE version) with carry case and 2 tapes

4.0 out of 5 stars An all-purpose, high quality label maker, 5 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Dymo's 'XTL 500' label maker kit is marketed more for industrial use than for personal use, however that's not to say it may not be for you.

The XTL is designed so that it can be used in conjunction with a computer or on the go. It offers an extensive range of label options. The following is a list of the label application this unit has to offer:
∙ Quick.
∙ Arc Flash.
∙ Materials Management.
∙ Safety.

- Box Contents -

All contents are nicely secured within a large hard shelled carry case (14cm(w) x 40cm(l) 35cm(h)). Inside are 3 compartments (one large meshed compartment sealed by a zipper & two side compartments sealed by poppers). The main area is open for the main device.

The following should be enclosed within the carry case:

∙ XTL 500 Label Maker w/ rechargeable battery already installed.
∙ Shoulder strap for carry case.
∙ Mini USB - USB cable.
∙ AC power adapter and cord.
∙ 'All-Purpose Vinyl' label cartridge (2" x 23ft | 54mm x 7m).
∙ 'Laminated Wire/Cable Wrap' label cartridge (1-1/2 x 1-9/16" | 38 x 39mm).
∙ 'Quick Start Guide' & support leaflet.

The XTL 500 is a very bulky device measuring in at approximately 29cm x 16cm x 12cm, and it's pretty heavy too. It is portable and does have a hand grip on the underside for easy carrying, however I would have preferred if the device itself had a shoulder strap option.

The unit also has a decent thickness of rubber covering all the edges which should absorb some shock if dropped to minimalise any damage, however with its weight, it's going to go down hard and I'm not willing to do a drop test.

- Set-Up & In-Use -

If you plan on using this on the go, then it's best to charge the main unit first, this takes approximately 3.5 hours. Unfortunately no where in the manual does it state how long it lasts on a full charge.

Before you can get printing you'll need to insert a label cartridge; be it one of the two included or one of the many that can be purchased. The XTL 500 supports a whole variety of cartridges that are of a width between 6mm to 54mm, all of which vary in price.

Inserting the cartridge literally takes three clicks: Opening the cartridge compartment, inserting the cartridge followed by closing the cartridge compartment, all very simple stuff and only takes a couple of seconds.

Every cartridge has a chip on the side which means the XTL 500 recognises exactly which type of label that's installed, including the width. This means the label making options will be limited depending on the type of cartridge inserted, so will display a warning icon by those you won't be able to print and will also tell you which cartridge you'll need (if you're using the PC software, it will even tell you the part number!) now that's handy.

Navigating through using the touch-screen was pretty simple: There wasn't much latency which is good and the home screen is very clearly laid out and easy to understand, though sometimes when editing I found it to be quite fiddly.

A major issue I had was that the keypad and other buttons weren't backlit, so in slightly dim conditions I found it a bit hard to see the letters and extremely hard to see the on/off, print and shift buttons which are in a darker colour. This might not be an issue for everyone, but it certainly was for me.

Personally, I preferred using the XTL 500 when connected to a PC/Laptop and using the 'DYMO ID' software (downloaded from DYMO's website). Using 'DYMO ID' is much simpler to edit labels how you want them to be, and is so much easier adding symbols. There is also a big print button which will grant you quick access to select how many you want to print at once.

Whether you editing a label on the main unit or through a computer, you will see exactly how the label will print out.which is incredibly handy. Also, you're able to save your templates for future use.

- Results & Final Thoughts -

The only issue I had when printing was directly after inserting a new cartridge where the print wasn't so clear, however that only effected one label. This happened for both cartridges, so I would recommend doing one test print before using it properly.

After the initial print every single label came out clear and was cut properly, automatically.

The simplicity of peeling the labels off will determine entirely on the type of cartridge you're using: The all-purpose label was very quick and easy to peel, whereas the wire/cable wrap was a bit more fiddly.

This product may seem expensive, but for businesses that require this sort of device, it's cheap as chips to them. After all, this device is aimed more towards industrial use with its whole variety of labelling options.

PThink® 0.3mm Ultra-thin Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (Not for Z3) with 9H Hardness/Anti-scratch/Fingerprint resistant (Sony Xperia Z3 Compact)
Offered by PThink UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 4 Nov. 2015
Absolutely fantastic screen protector.

It came in a nice, sturdy packaging and was well wrapped inside. Also included was a screen wipe and cloth.

Installation was easy, just had to make sure the screen was super clean to avoid as much bubbles as possible; peel off the protector cover and stick onto your phone, just ensure you don't touch the adhesive side.

Note that if you have an imperfection on the screen like I had, you're going to have a bubble around it like it or not as it traps some air, however with the screen on, you wont notice it being there.

Even with the protector on, the screen seems ultra clear, the touch screen still works as it should and really does seem to be fingerprint resistant.

I couldn't recommend this enough.

Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod - Black
Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, 30 Oct. 2015
I purchased this for my friend who was travelling to Iceland with me; he wanted to vlog using his compact camera (Sony RX100M2), but didn't have a tripod and I thought this would be great for him.

He used it every single day, be it for holding which is very comfortable I must add, or using it as a tripod on a table or wall, and it did the job brilliantly, so much so that I had to ask to borrow it a couple of times for my Sony A6000.

Once your camera is mounted, it's very easy to adjust the angle of your camera by simply pressing the button which loosens the grip of the ball, then when you have it at the desired position, just release the button and it will lock into place, securely.

I loved it so much that I also purchased one for myself when I got back, though am gutting I didn't buy an extra before we went on this trip.

Would highly recommend!

Cokin 72mm Slim Pure Harmonie Multi Coated Circular Polarizing Filter
Cokin 72mm Slim Pure Harmonie Multi Coated Circular Polarizing Filter
Offered by CameraKing-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Lens cap issues, however is a great filter, 23 Oct. 2015
If you're wanting a top quality polarising filter then this is certainly one to consider.

As stated on the box this is an "ultra slim" filter. Measuring in at 4.5mm will significantly decrease the chances of vignetting when using wider lenses, I certainly didn't have any on my 18mm (27mm factoring in the crop factor from the type of sensor I have). Rotating the filter to adjust the polarising levels was extremely smooth making it very easy to adjust.

There is one thing you will need to keep in mind when using this filter: Lens caps are barely able to attach to this filter due to how thin it is. I had real trouble getting mine on, then when I finally did, it just didn't feel very secure.

If vignetting has been an issue from other filters on your lens before, then this is a must have regardless of the lens cap issue.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20