Profile for MyKeyReviews > Reviews

Content by MyKeyReviews
Top Reviewer Ranking: 55

MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mortal Kombat X Kollector's Edition (PS4)
Mortal Kombat X Kollector's Edition (PS4)

2.0 out of 5 stars Mortal Kombat X "Kon"- Edition, 16 April 2015
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
► NOTE: This review is entirely based around the Kollector's Edition and not the game itself. 'Mortal Kombat X' as a game itself is brilliant and well worth the buy.

.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.

In all honesty I'm utterly disappointed with this '"Kollector's" Edition', and to be quite frank, disgusted at how the EU/UK were treated differently to their US consumers.

So, what's in the box?
∙ Mortal Kombat X game disc in a steel case.
∙ Hand painted Scorpion statue.*
∙ A serialised steel card.
∙ Mortal Kombat comic book Volume 1.
∙ Gold skin for Scorpion (DLC).
∙ Kold War skin for Scorpion (DLC).
∙ A leaflet advertising the 'Kombat Pack', just to rub it in your face that we didn't get one included.

* The Scorpion statue looks AMAZING, it really is! But even combined with the other "extras", to pay £50 more than the game itself just isn't justifiable.

So why did I pre-order it in the first place you may ask? Like many others who had pre-ordered it the moment it was available, it was actually advertised to include the 'Kombat Pack' (basically a season pass for extra characters as they come out): This would normally cost £25 as an extra purchase from the PlayStation Store. If this had been true, the Kollector's edition would be well worth the money.

Also, to back other customers experiences, I too saw the Goro DLC pre-order promotion. It seems that at some point, the information regarding the Goro DLC and Kombat Pack had been corrected; unfortunately anyone who had pre-ordered this product prior to the change were not notified, otherwise many I'm sure would have cancelled their pre-order.

Now looking at the official Mortal Kombat website, the Kombat Pack is indeed included in the Kollector's edition... For US only. Apparently it was never intended for us to get it included within our Kollector's Edition. Great to see them treat us EU/UK customers like mugs!

If you can pick it up for less than £65 then it's worth the money, any more it's just not worth it, regardless of how "collectable" it may be.

Neewer® 8"/20.3cm Dual Camera Mount Tripod Bracket for 3D Stereo Stereoscopic Photography
Offered by iTekLife Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 10 April 2015
Originally purchased a dual camera mount from a different site as it was much cheaper, oh boy was that the wrong decision: I had issues with the threads rendering it useless. Although the product I purchased beforehand looked very similar to Neewer's version, they were actually different.

The dual camera mount by Neewer is solid and gives you the choice to mount it on a tripod or pole via a 1/4" or 3/8" thread. Then you have a 1/4" thread on either side to mount a camera or other device on it.

My use for this was to enable me to mount two action actions so I can do a side by side comparison. For my needs this is perfect.

In hindsight I should have forked out that extra rather than going for the cheapest one.

Dazzne P2 1080P HD Sports Action Camera DV Helmet Camcorder + 18 in 1 Mouting Accessories Kit + 32G SD Card
Offered by Bravo Tech

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent budget action cam package, 10 April 2015
♦ Introduction ♦

The 'P2' by Dazzne falls within the higher range of budget action cams. It might not be the best cam on the market, but certainly for the price it not only delivers very good video quality, but also comes with a whole bunch of accessories to get you started.

∙ Full HD Video.
∙ 130° Wide-Angle Lens.
∙ GoPro Mounting System.
∙ Various Accessories Included.

♦ Package Contents ♦

This set comes with a tonne of items inside which will allow you to jump into the action from the get go.

- Dazzne Action Camera Pack:
∙ DZ-P2 Camera.
∙ Waterproof Housing.
∙ Battery x2.
∙ Battery Charger.
∙ J-Hook Mount Adapter x2.
∙ 3-Way Adjustable Pivot Arm.
∙ 360° Rotatable Flat Adhesive.
∙ 360° Rotatable Curved Adhesive.
∙ Mini USB Cable.

∙ HDMI Cable.
∙ 32GB SD Card.

♦ Results ♦

- Ease of Use:

There's only three buttons to use to control the camera, so it's not exactly complicated:
∙ Top Left ('M'): To turn the camera on/off when held, or enters the menu screen and to navigate right.
∙ Top Right: Record or select the highlighted option.
∙ Front: Normally used for screen brightness, will navigate to the left when in the menu.

There is a whole variety of settings to go through such as flipping the video, adjusting the metering, white balance and exposure value etc... These are really good settings to have within a camera and a lot on the market don't feature these.

- Mounting:

It would have been nice to see a tripod thread built-in on the bottom of the camera; this would have allowed people to mount it on various things without the need to be in the waterproof housing, but unfortunately it doesn't, so relies on being in a waterproof housing.

That all said, it still is quite versatile when mounting. Not only do you already have a tonne of different mounting options out of the box, there are also a load of third party GoPro mounts on the market, which is compatible with this set-up.

- Video Quality:

Video footage is recorded in the 'MOV' format; if you haven't already, it's advisable to download QuickTime as this will give you the plug-ins required to view and edit them.

Video quality overall was pretty impressive, everything was nice and clear and very sharp. I could easily read number plates which is great in the case of an accident.

Stabilization will entirely depend on what you're mounting it on and how stable it is. It doesn't have any sort of image stabilization as expected from a budget action camera, so if you're going mounting biking and you don't have good suspension, you will see every bump.

- Sound Quality:

As this requires to be in the waterproof housing, unless you don't plan on mounting it of course, you will find the audio to be slightly muffled. Compared to some other cams I've testing in the past that were in their own waterproof housings, the P2 did surprisingly well with wind noise; in fact there was very little.

- Photo Quality:

After seeing the video quality I had high expectations for the photo quality, however unfortunately I was a little disappointed.

I took quite a few photos and they were okay; you could get away with uploading the photos on Facebook, but that's about it.

♦ Final Thoughts ♦

I think as a whole package, it's a very good deal: You're not only getting a decent action camera for the price, but a tonne of accessories to get you started.

If you're really looking forward for something that would be best in the long run, then I would recommend going for the higher end models of GoPro or Sony action cams, but if you can't fork out that extra and just want a decent budget cam then this would be a great choice, just as long as you're wanting this more for video purposes than photo.

► Note: I received this product in exchange for an unbiased review.

Manflu 50 g Lozzers - Pack of 5
Manflu 50 g Lozzers - Pack of 5

5.0 out of 5 stars For sore throats in general, 7 April 2015
Really didn't expect these to be so darn tasty; as soon as you put one of these in your mouth you'll get a sharp but nice zingy taste of lime.

To me, the flavours seemed to change over time; it went from lime to lemon, then to honey. Finally you'll reach the menthol centre.

Although these taste great, these wouldn't be good lozenges if they didn't soothe the throat too, but they do, so happy days!

These aren't just for "Man flu" but for sore throats in general. So if you want to temporarily soothe you throat and do it with something that actually tastes good, then these I would totally recommend.

Tefal X-Large Actifry Express Health Fryer, 1.5 kg, White
Tefal X-Large Actifry Express Health Fryer, 1.5 kg, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid addition for your kitchen, 23 Mar. 2015
Length:: 6:47 Mins

♦ Introduction ♦

The extra large Actifry Express conveniently fries food without the need of much oil. Oil levels vary depending on what type of food you're frying, these levels range from no oil to 1 spoon worth.

Although the Actifry takes up a fair amount of space, for what it is, it's still fairly compact, especially when compared to an oven (obviously).

∙ Healthier frying.
∙ X-Large food compartment.
∙ Consistent stirring evenly cooks food.
∙ Easy to clean: Has removable dishwasher safe parts.

The Actifry would be a much welcomed kitchen appliance to anyone who doesn't have an oven. That's not to say if you do have an oven that you shouldn't get this.

♦ Box Contents ♦

∙ Actifry.
∙ Measuring Spoon (for oil).
∙ Recipe Book.

♦ Set-Up & Using ♦

Quite simple really:

1) Prepare the food you're about to cook.
2) Open the Actifry lid.
3) insert your food.
4) Make sure the Actifry is powered up and turned on, then select the amount of time needed.
- It cooks at a consistent temperature of 170°c, so may need adjusting depending on what you're cooking.
5) Press the power button and away it goes.

If the lid is opened during the cooking process, it will stop cooking. You can remain cooking once the lid is closed by pressing the power button again.

As it's cooking, the stirrer rotates around the bowl which gradually flips the food, this means you don't need to stir or shake the food halfway through cooking.

Once the timer has stopped, the Actifry will stop cooking. It does a series of bleeps, but I didn't find it loud enough to notice when in the other room.

Pressing the button above the handle will open the lid. You can then flip out the handle which locks into place for ease removal of the pan. If there's one negative to mention about the handle is that it didn't feel so robust, however hasn't broken on me so far.

♦ Results ♦

I cooked some potato wedges (two potato's worth, half a spoon of oil and 25min cooking time) and my lord were they nice.

All the wedges seemed to be evening cooked on all sides, had a nice subtle crisp skin and were simply delicious! Tasted healthy and had no greasy residue.

Bare in mind that more food contents in the fryer may require more cooking time for best results.

One of my siblings cooked some chicken whilst I was at work, unfortunately they didn't save me any, but apparently they were cooked very well too.

I really can't wait to test this product even further by experimenting with other foods.

♦ Cleaning ♦

All the parts which are most likely to become dirty during the cooking process come out very easily. The pan is removed using the handle, the stirrer has a button on it which allows it to detach itself from the pan, then you have the lid which can be lifted off when both of its side buttons are held down. These parts are apparently dishwasher safe.

I don't own a dishwasher however most parts seemed easy enough to clean, mainly the pan which has a non-stick surface. The stirrer required a bit more elbow grease.

A wipe down around the Actifry's surface and to reassemble all of the parts took no time at all; then the Actifry was ready for its next use.

♦ Final Thoughts ♦

Tefal's Actifry has been a fantastic addition to my kitchen. I love how simple it is to use and the results have been great!

I also own Philips HD9220/20 Airfryer which is also a great product and is about half the cost of the Actifry: It has an adjustable thermostat which I really like, but has a basket rather than a pan. It also has a lesser capacity for food, though there is a larger version available (HD9240/90) which has a digital display, however I haven't used that version, so couldn't comment on results.

In my honest opinion; if I could choose to have either the Tefal X-Large Actifry Express or Philips HD9220/20 Airfryer, I'd choose the actifry.

✔ Pros:
✓ Simple to use.
✓ Delicious results.
✓ Easy to clean.
✓ Convenient product to have.

✖ Cons:
✘ Handle could have been better made.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor with FlexBall Technology Plus 3 Blades
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor with FlexBall Technology Plus 3 Blades

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the flexball, 19 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I recently upgraded my Gillette Fusion Proglide Manual Razor to the Gillette Fusion Manual Razor with Flexball Technology and couldn't have been happier, so when I was offered the more "premium" power version, I thought I'd give it a shot.

The difference in feel when holding the Manual Flexball & Power Flexball is instantly noticeable: The power is much thicker and slightly longer (due to the need to house a AAA battery). I think people with larger hands may prefer the power.

The flexball really is a fantastic feature to have. When using the razor, it seems to glide across my skin with ease and the curvatures don't seem to get in the way.

As for the "power" feature, I guess that's really down to preference as I personally didn't feel like it did much more than the manual version. That said, my friend disagrees with me as he seems to swear by the power version.

The only reason to why I would choose the power version over the manual, is due to the thicker size fitting in my hand better.

Philips GC3811/80 Azur Performer Steam Iron with 160 g Steam Boost and Steam Glide Plus Soleplate, 2400 Watt, Multi-Colour

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent iron but far from perfect, 14 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Whilst this iron does the job intended very well, it's far from perfect.

First impressions were good, I loved the black & yellow colour scheme, it's comfortable to hold and is fairly lightweight.

The big water door is a great feature to have as it allowed me to fill it up directly under the tap, so no mini jug needed, FANTASTIC! Oh, but then I ran into the first issue... The transparent plastic is far too dark that I found it incredibly hard to see where the water was to the max line.

I didn't have an issue regarding the mains cord length. I've always used an extension lead which I have located close to the ironing board and had plenty of length to maneuver around; I also really liked the cord fixture to the iron as it has a ball joint.

With the iron powered on, max setting selected and stood upright, it took barely a minute before I could start using it (light is on when heating and turns off when ready for use). Though it took a further 20 seconds before the steam was to a usable level.

This iron really does glide over your clothes which I was really happy about, it did a great job and getting all those creases out.

Whilst ironing I came across another issue with this iron which some others may or may not experience the same thing; the spray button is awkwardly placed. When in my grasp, I found it rather hard to reach over with my thumb to press down on it properly.

Going back to the first issue of not being able to easily see the water level, this makes it quite hard to know when it needs topping up.

Overall this iron does have some great features, my favourites being able to fill up directly from the tap and the super smooth ironing, however the issues mentioned were to me a big hassle.

TaoTronics® Portable Bluetooth Speaker (Wireless & Mobile, 10 Hour Battery Life, 33 ft Range, Built-in Microphone, USB & Aux Input, NFC Compatible)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Very clear audio... But where's the bass!?, 13 Mar. 2015
♦ Introduction ♦

The 'TT-SK02' is a fairly small and compact Bluetooth speaker. Overall I was happy with the looks; it has a nice sleek design with a slightly rubbery exterior and some rubber pads on the bottom for extra grip.

- Main Features:
∙ Compact size, great for travelling.
∙ Bluetooth w/ NFC.
∙ Hands-free phone calls.
∙ 10 Hours battery life.

♦ Box Contents ♦

∙ 'TT-SK02' Bluetooth Speaker.
∙ Rechargeable Battery.
∙ Micro USB Cable.
∙ AUX Cable.
∙ Instruction Manual.

Having a removable battery is a great move, this means if there's a battery failure, you can just replace the battery rather than the whole unit.

Charging the speaker will require linking it to a powered source using the micro USB cable.

The instruction manual is clear and easy to read/understand.

♦ Set-Up ♦

First of all you'll need to insert the battery. You can gain access to the battery compartment by sliding off the cover, this is located to the left on the back. Once it's inserted it's always advisable to give the unit a decent charge before use.

To turn on, there is a power switch on the back. Just above that should be a pin-hole with a blue fast flashing light, this means it's in its pairing mode. You can pair by either touching an the speakers NFC hotspot with another devices active NFC hotspot, this will automatically pair the both. Otherwise you can activate your devices Bluetooth and search for other Bluetooth devices: Find and connect to 'TaoTronics TT-SK02', SIMPLE!

I had no issues connecting to my smartphone, however it couldn't connect to my NWZ-A15 Walkman, maybe because it's primarily for Hi-Res audio...

Alternatively you can use an AUX cable to connect the two together via wire.

When connected via Bluetooth, control certain things on the speaker if you wish:

∙ '+' Button: Tap to increase volume. Hold to skip to next track.
∙ '-' Button: Tap to decrease volume. Hold to go back to the previous track.
∙ Middle Button: Tap button to pause/play. Tap button to answer an incoming call or end it. Hold to refuse incoming call.

Using the speaker I found to be simple.

♦ Sound Quality ♦

When I first played some music I was actually pretty blown away by how crisp the sound was; it was incredibly clear even when the volume was at its max, I didn't notice any distortion at all.

It was when I started to flick through different genres I began to notice the speaker lacking in something, BASS!

The majority of songs sounded really good as they only required very subtle bass, which this speaker can delivery. However, songs which require that bit more just sounded rather flat. Even more bass heavy tracks such as Dub-Step... NO CHANCE AT ALL.

♦ Final Thoughts ♦

The 'TT-SK02' by TaoTronics is a decent speaker when it comes to volume and clarity. I also think the design is simple, but very smart. Though it does lack in bass, so if that's something you're looking for in a portable speaker then do stay clear.

At the time of writing this review the asking price is £50, which I personally think is a bit over priced. After using it for a decent amount of time, I honestly think if I weren't too bothered about the lack of bass, I'd be happy to pay between £20-£25 for this speaker, any higher would be pushing it for me.

✔ Pros:
✓ Easy to use.
✓ Compact size.
✓ Simple, sleek design.
✓ 10 Hours battery life.
✓ Sound quality is very clear.
✓ Rechargeable battery is removable.

✖ Cons:
✘ Not a lot of bass...
✘ Price could be lower.

► Note: I received this product in exchange for an unbiased review.

Oral-B Pro CrossAction 600 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush - Pink, 6 Units Per Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleans teeth well, just as it's made to do, 12 Mar. 2015
♦ Introduction ♦

Braun's 'Oral-B PRO 600 CrossAction' is one of their lower end electric toothbrushes (not lowest though). Unlike higher models which offer multiple brush modes, Bluetooth connectivity and tech extras, this one is more simplified offering just one mode: "Daily Clean".

Basic features means a much lower cost which many will appreciate, after all electric toothbrushes are much more costly compared to manual ones.

The whole unit looks pretty good in my opinion, was really comfortable to hold, has nice grip and delivers an incredibly good clean.

♦ Box Contents & Recommended Extras ♦

- Box Contents:
∙ Main Unit (Brush Handle).
∙ Cross Action Brush Head x1.
∙ Charge Base w/Fixed Shaver Plug.
∙ Warranty Slip.

- Recommended Extras:
Replacement Heads - Pack of 4.
Shaving Adaptor: If you don't have one already or access to a shaver socket.

♦ Ease of Use & Results ♦

First of all you should put the main unit on for a decent charge (as standard for first time use for rechargeable devices). It states it can take up to 22 hours to be fully charged, so for first time charging, I'd say just stick it on for a whole day.

Once fully charged, give the brush head a good ol' rinse and place onto the main unit until it has clicked in properly. Put a bit of toothpaste on and for goodness sake, place the brush on your teeth before pressing the on button, unless you like getting toothpaste everywhere of course.

The manual states a full charge will last you for 7 days. Sounds pretty good, but what it actually means is it lasts 2x two minute brushing sessions for 7 days, which really means 28 minutes. If you're a family who are using this brush with multiple heads, you'll find yourself charging this more than someone using it for single person use.

It's advised to brush for 2 minutes (30 seconds for each quarter of your teeth). Sure it's tedious but you WILL notice the difference, especially with the cross action head combined with the electric power.

Results are great, try it for yourself and I guarantee you'll notice a positive difference too.

♦ Final Thoughts ♦

Electric toothbrushes are off putting due to the price difference, however they really do make a difference, especially this one.

Would recommend.

Motorcycle Bike Moped Scooter Mirror Camera Mount
Motorcycle Bike Moped Scooter Mirror Camera Mount
Offered by Buybits Addons

5.0 out of 5 stars Great package!, 10 Mar. 2015
I was very pleased with this package as a whole. The contents were as follows:
Ultimate Addons - Motorcycle Mirror Mount Attachment: Comes with two different length screws.
RAM Mount - DOUBLE SOCKET ARM FOR 1" Ball: Allows connection to other 1" ball mount.
RAM Mount - 1" Ball to 1/4" Thread: Suitable for lightweight cameras and action cams with 1/4" thread.

At the time of writing this review, to buy all these separately would actually be more expensive, so it really is a top buy.

With this package, you'll be able to securely mount devices with a 1/4" thread such as an action camera to your moped/motorcycle's mirror stem. If you're a GoPro user, there is a similar package available to choose from; the only difference is instead of the 1/4" thread, it comes with a GoPro mount: Motorcycle Mirror Camera Mount for GoPro.

Mounting the mirror attachment was very simple. All you have to do is remove the screws to separate both parts using the included Allen wrench, place the mirror's stem between them and re-insert the screws. Included are a pair short and long length screws. I had to use the longer ones.

Once the mirror mount has been attached it's all plain sailing from there. Connecting the double socket mount to the mirror mount and 1" Ball 1/4" adapter requires it to be loosened via the wing-nut, this will widen the gap where the balls go into. When everything has been inserted, tighten the double socket to the point where the attachments won't drop off but is able to be adjusted. When you're happy with the angle of everything, tighten it further until it's secure.

Results were fantastic! I can now have my action camera pointed towards me or directly in front, which was exactly what I was looking for. As long as you make sure everything is tightened, you have nothing to worry about.

Would definitely recommend!