Profile for MyKeyReviews > Reviews

Content by MyKeyReviews
Top Reviewer Ranking: 46

MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Creative Sound Blaster Roar: Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with aptX/AAC. 5 Drivers, Built-in Subwoofer, Incredibly Powerful. Amazing Price of £199

5.0 out of 5 stars Let me hear the ROAR!, 18 Sep 2014
♦ Introduction ♦

Creative's Sound Blaster ROAR has taken America by storm. For a product to have roughly 700 reviews on Amazon-US achieving an average rating of 4.8, it's understandable why it seems to be selling so well.

Well, it's finally making its way to the UK and I was very excited to get the chance to review one of these and see what all the fuss is about.

The ROAR boasts portability and high sound quality by having two amps, one of which concentrates on the high frequencies and the other on the low to mids.

♦ Box Contents & Optional Extras ♦

- Box Contents: ROAR Speaker* | Micro USB Cable | AC Adaptor | Quick Start Guide.

- Optional Extras: AUX Cable | MicroSD Card.

There is also a carry case available (which doesn't seem to have a product page at the time of writing this review), though there are some major flaws with the design.

Whilst it's a nice tight fit and gives you access to the rear ports and buttons, it completely covers the buttons on the top and offers very minimal protection.

For a company to produce a well made speaker, it's unfortunate they couldn't make a case to match the quality.

♦ First Impressions ♦

The packaging has minimal imagary & text on the front & sides, with the main features neatly listed on the back giving it a nice clean look to it.

The speaker is about the size of a Harry Potter book and has a very simple yet stylish look to it.

♦ Features ♦

- 6000mAh Lithium-Ion Internal Battery:

Creative claim the battery can last up to 8 hours of playback after a full charge.

- ROAR:

Whenever I'm using this speaker, I always seem to make sure this button has been enabled. It gives your audio that extra boost of depth and loudness which I'm very fond off.

This feature definitely gets a big thumbs up from me!

- TeraBass:

The TeraBass feature can be enabled by tapping the alarm button once. Apparently when playing audio at lower to medium volume levels it can lack that extra bass, so Creative have added this 'TeraBass' feature to give your audio that extra kick of bass.

- Speakerphone:

A lot of portable speakers have this feature and the ROAR is no different. When you get phone calls from your Bluetooth connected smartphone, you can take calls hands-free using its internal microphone.

- Voice Recording:

The quality of the voice recording feature isn't exactly amazing. You wont find me replacing my Olympus recorder over this, because there is a huge difference in voice quality, Olympus being the best, however it's more than understandable.

If you really wanted to, you can use this feature to record your phone calls, that actually may come in handy sometime in the future, you never know.

- Siren:

This feature baffles me... I guess if you really wanted to get everyone's attention by giving them a huge headache, then this is perfect!

For me... I have no use at all.

- Bedtime Mode:

I actually think this idea is fantastic, though unfortunately it's only compatible via music playback from a MicroUSB.

You can activate the bedtime mode by first playing music/sound recording, then holding the play/pause button in the record section. One beep means the 15 minute mode has been enabled and two beeps for the 30 minute mode.

During bedtime mood, the volume will gradually gets lower and lower before it shuts itself off, how neat is that!?

- USB Port Charging:

If either the ROAR has enough "Juice" inside or is connected via the mains, you can use it as a power bank.

Obviously doing this whilst the ROAR isn't directly powered will drain its battery quicker.

- Features Overview:

It seems that Creative are trying to make the ROAR more than just a high quality speaker... Whilst it baffles me to why some features were included, some people may actually get some use out of them.

I guess as long as any extra features hadn't taken any product time away from the sound quality itself, the more the merrier, right?

♦ Audio Inputs ♦

I'm sure many will be pleased with how many ways there are to connect your devices to this speaker.

- Bluetooth:

If your device has an NFC feature, you can use the NFC hotspot on the speaker for extremely quick seamless pairing, just make sure the NFC is enabled on the connecting device, otherwise it wont pick it up.

Alternatively you can just search for 'SB ROAR SR20A' on your Bluetooth enabled device.

So far I've connected the ROAR with my Android smartphone, PS Vita and my friends iPhone & iPad, all with great results.

One thing to note is that the ROAR has a Bluetooth Link Security feature with three different setting (the 'LS' feature can be found on the rear of the speaker). This basically controls how many people can connect to your speaker at one time.

- MicroSD:

The ROAR can support MicroSD cards up to 32GB. You can add a bunch of music files in MP3, WMA or WAV formats for playback. There is an option to repeat all in the order you've placed them on the MicroSD card or shuffle the music.

If you plan on using the voice recording feature, you will need a MicroSD.

- Auxiliary:

By using an auxiliary cable, you can connect anything from MP3 players to a TV by sticking in an AUX cable from their headphone ports into the 'AUX In' port on the ROAR.

- Micro USB:

By using the included USB to Micro USB cable, you can connect the ROAR to a laptop or computer.

There's also a software download available on the Sound Blaster website which allows you to choose pre-set audio profiles. This software is available for both PC & Mac.

♦ Sound Quality ♦

This is what REALLY matters, after all it's a main purpose is being a portable speaker.

For what this speaker is and the price that it's available for, this produces outstanding sound quality.

Vocals are clear, the instrumentals are crisp and flipping heck.... You can really feel that kick of bass, just the way I like it.

♦ Overall Opinion ♦

The ROAR is a stylish and compact portable speaker which is versatile in connectivity and offers high quality audio output.

I think for it's price it delivers better sound quality than many would expect. I've owned a couple of high quality portable speakers in the past which are almost double the cost and this pretty much matches them in sound quality.

Obviously if you were to start comparing it to a speaker such as the Sony RDP-X900iP which is not only double the price, but is a non-portable speaker that has high quality magnetic-fluid technology, the bass difference would be in the favour of the Sony.

That said, it's not only myself which thinks highly of this speaker but my friends also. Obviously people have different opinions on audio, it's a very personal thing. But for me and many others, the Sound Blaster ROAR a winner in my eyes.

► Note: I received this product in exchange for an unbiased review.

Tacwise 1187 16ga/ 45 Finish Nailer Nail Gun
Tacwise 1187 16ga/ 45 Finish Nailer Nail Gun

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually very good, 17 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
♦ Introduction ♦

- This review is in a point of view of someone who has NEVER used a nail gun before.

Normally if there's a job to be done I would just use a good old hammer and nail. Most of the time I wont hit my thumb or accidentally bend the upper part of the nail by not hitting it right.

Depending on how much nailing needs to be done, it can be a very tedious and a time consuming job... But with a nail gun such as the 'Tacwise 1187' which is labelled on the box as a "Master Nailer", should make things a lot easier.

Apparently this nail gun is suitable for use on things such as door frames, skirting, insulation, lining, soft/hard wood floorings, fencing etc... The list goes on and on.

♦ Box Contents & Extras ♦

- Box Contents: 1187 Nail Gun | Instruction Manual.

All contents come packed quite snug inside a carry case which seems to provide a sufficient amount of protection.

I did receive a pack of 38mm nails, however I believe these aren't normally included with the purchase.

- Optional Extras:

Nails: 20mm Nails | 25mm Nails | 30mm Nails | 32mm Nails | 35mm Nails | 38mm Nails | 40mm Nails | 45mm Nails.

The cable length is around 3 metres, so if you need more length, you may want to invest in an extension cable.

♦ Ease of Use & Results ♦

The manual could have had a better layout: On one page you have a diagram of the nail gun with each part numbered, however you have to flick over a page to see which number corresponds to what. I don't have the best memory, so I found myself flicking the page back and forth quite a few times.

Other than that, I found the whole set-up process for the nail gun really simple to do.

There is a quick release on the right-hand side of the magazine which allows you to slide the nail compartment open. Once the nails have been placed inside, slide the magazine up to close it and power the nail gun up. From here you need to make sure the nail gun is pushed at a 90° angle onto the surface you're about to nail, then firmly push down and press the trigger.

The recoil definitely surprised me, so the first go was rather shoddy, luckily I was testing it on a spare piece of wood.

Once I got used to the recoil, the results started to improve however most results were under driven.

Apparently I wasn't using it right, so my friend showed me how to use it properly and the results were extremely good. The way he showed me was to use my second hand to support enough pressure on the nail gun resulting in less recoil. When done correctly, the nails were perfectly in the wood, not over or under driven.

♦ Final Opinion ♦

The built quality of this nail gun does feel of high quality, it's also well put together making it really easy to use... If you've never used one before, be sure to read the manual properly and maybe watch some how to videos also.

Bad Neighbours [Blu-ray]
Bad Neighbours [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Seth Rogen

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good laugh, 12 Sep 2014
This review is from: Bad Neighbours [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I never got the chance to see this film when it came out at the cinema and was pretty bummed out about missing it, but after hearing a mixed bag of opinions I kinda just forgot about it. That's until I saw it being advertised pretty much everywhere, so I decided to give it a shot.

This film isn't exactly comedic gold; it won't have you in stitches throughout the whole film, however it's still an easy-going film with some pretty hilarious scenes in it (well... my friends & I thought so anyway).

All in all it's a pretty good watch that will get a few laughs out of you, if you don't expect too much from this film then I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Last of Us Remastered - Online Multiplayer Review, 8 Sep 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Length:: 7:02 Mins

Whilst I strongly praise the game for its single player campaign experience from it's griping storyline, character interaction, graphics, music and gameplay, I do feel there is already more than enough reviews covering this section.

The online multiplayer in my opinion is very underrated, which is why I wanted to cover it.

I have uploaded a video review to cover the multiplayer aspect of this game which I hope will be useful and encourage people to give it a shot (after playing the main game and 'Left Behind' extra that is).

Manfrotto Super Clamp without Stud
Manfrotto Super Clamp without Stud

5.0 out of 5 stars Why hadn't I heard of this sooner!?, 26 Aug 2014
I've owned cheaper clamps before which haven't been bad quality, I just wouldn't trust them to be clamped on anything but a desk or table. This on the other hand... Gains my trust fully and I can see why it has been getting so many good reviews!

I actually only stumbled across this product because I've recently been buying some Manfrotto products and was so impressed with the quality (and some of which have price tags that want to make you cry), that I decided to just search for other Manfrotto products and stumbled across this which I thought was actually very decently priced!

Depending on your needs, you may want to go for the Camera Stud which has a 1/4" & 3/8" screw mount to enable mounting of your camera or ball head etc...

The quality of the clamp seems seems extremely high in quality, apart from the leavers which are made out of fairly tough plastic, the rest is all metal and feels completely solid.

I found the clamp easy to set-up and the grip it provides is phenomenal.

When people said they can't do without they really aren't joking. I'll be bringing mine wherever I go that's for certain!

TIMETOP Wheel-style Bracket Video Handle Handheld Stabilizer Grip for DSLR SLR Camera Mini DV Camcorder Black
Offered by douself

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy to have, 26 Aug 2014
I don't use this product all the time, however it has been very handy at times when I needed it. Basically scenarios where I had to film close to floor level whilst moving.

There is a 1/4" screw which can slide forward and back which allows a decent amount of adjustability, this will depend on the size of your equipment, for instance my camcorder seems to fit perfectly on it, whereas my bridge camera has space to go forward or back. If you tighten the knob appropriately then you wont experience any sliding issues.

On top of the handle you'll find a cold shoe mount which I've had no use for since use, but at least it's there for those who need it.

It's available for a reasonable price so would recommend.

Manfrotto Wedges for Super Clamp (Pack of 4)
Manfrotto Wedges for Super Clamp (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Always best to get spares, 26 Aug 2014
Always best to get spares, especially if you're travelling around.

So far I haven't had the need to use these for spares, however they're exactly the same as the ones included with the Manfrotto Super Clamp. Will carry around in my camera bag just in case.

Manfrotto Camera Stud Plugs into Super Clamp 037 Socket
Manfrotto Camera Stud Plugs into Super Clamp 037 Socket

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, 26 Aug 2014
Had purchased this alongside the Manfrotto Super Clamp. Although this has both 1/4" & 3/8" threads, I still use the Manfrotto MN-088LBP Small Adapter as it has a soft pad which prevents the underside of my camera from getting scratched.

So far so good; it seems quality made and does the job, what more could I ask for?

Vax P86-P3-T Pressure Washer
Vax P86-P3-T Pressure Washer

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the job and it does it very well!, 26 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
♦ Introduction ♦

I've never owned a pressure washer before, but have spent countless amounts of time browsing many different pressure washers pondering whether I should actually buy one or not, and if I was going to which brand I should go for.

There are so many brands and models available on the market that it's not a easy to choose. In the end I was actually eyeing up and planning to buy the Kärcher K2, that was until I got offered this one to review.

The Vax P86-P3 is much more powerful than the K2, it may require 800W more power but outputs a much better flow rate of 470l/h compared to the 360l/h the K2 does. Though the K2 is also half the cost which was one of the reasons the K2 was very enticing to me. That said, after using this product, I think if I were to ever choose a pressure washer in the future (should this one somehow fail me), I think I would fork out extra to get more power.

♦ Box Contents ♦

Main Pressure Washer Unit | Trigger Handle | Pressure Hose | Lance | Extension Tube | Extension Handle | Turbo Nozzle | Jet Nozzle | Solution Application Nozzle | Nozzle Cleaning Tool | Patio Cleaning Head | Rotary Wash Brush | Car Wash Brush | Multi-Purpose Cleaning Solution | Car Shampoo | Instruction Manual.

♦ First Impressions ♦

When opening the box I didn't really know where to look due to the amount of attachments that came included. I would highly advise reading the instruction manual carefully before use, just so you understand what each attachment is for as some are unsuitable for certain uses.

The main unit was much lighter than I thought it would be which made it easy for me to move around.

♦ Set-Up ♦

To get started:

1) Plug your hose pipe into the pressure washer.
2) Attach the pressure hose onto the pressure washer.
3) Choose which attachment you'd like to use (read the manual carefully so you know whcih one is best for your needs). The nozzles just push in and the rest you need to push in and twist.
4) If you're using the cleaning solution, fill up the bag to the 5L mark and insert the transparent tube fixed onto the pressure washer (some attachments aren't compatible with the solution).
5) Turn on the water.
6) Turn the pressure washer on.
7) Pull the trigger and get blasting!

Considering I've never used one of these before I found it really simple to set-up... As for using, you just have to hold down the trigger and aim where you want to clean.

Also, the 5m long power cable and 10m hose has been perfect for my uses. The 10m hose means I rarely have to move the main pressure washer unit.

♦ Results ♦

So far I've cleaned my patio and my motorcycle.

- Patio:

I'm actually really impressed with the initial result. Whilst it wasn't perfect, for my first attempt I thought I did pretty well.

The patio cleaning head managed to get a tonne of dirt off and a lot of moss too. I then used the turbo nozzle to remove the more stubborn moss.

- Motorbike:

cleaning my bike by hand in the past was such a tedious job as it took such a long time, however by using the pressure washer in certain areas made things so much easier. I mainly used the car wash brush (don't use in the greasy areas!) and the solution application nozzle.

♦ Final Opinion ♦

I'm really impressed with this pressure washer, in fact I'm wondering why I've never gone through with purchasing one in the past because they're extremely useful to have.

It's simple to set-up, extremely easy to use and I get really good results, so I would definitely recommend this product.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2014 11:31 PM BST

Sony PCK-LM17 Semi Hard Screen Protect Sheet for 6000
Sony PCK-LM17 Semi Hard Screen Protect Sheet for 6000

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have got it the first time round, 20 Aug 2014
I normally go for cheaper screen protectors, however it has always been a hit or miss with quality.

After wasting money on a previous screen protector for my A6000, I decided to fork out that extra for this screen protector (I actually paid a bit more through a different site as Amazon had no stock at the time).

To be honest, I should have got it the first time round which would've technically made me £6 better off...

Anyway, you only get one screen protector inside, however although my first attempt placing it on the screen was a failure, the screen protector was still 100% fine after it was removed for the second attempt. Most screen protectors I've dealt with in the past are unusable, hence why the cheaper ones normally come in multi-packs.

My advice would be to firstly wipe the screen with a microfibre cloth to ensure the screen is completely squeaky clean. Then when placing the screen protector on I would recommend doing it from the bottom upwards, not side to side as it makes things so much easier (in my opinion).

The screen protector is extremely clear and when fingerprints appear on it, it's pretty easy to wipe them off.

For a camera worth over £600, I think spending £15 on a decent screen protector is worth it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20