Profile for Broni > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show! The Complete Third Series - EP
Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show! The Complete Third Series - EP

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 14 May 2014
Have only recently discovered the Count on the radio and so am playing catch up on all the series. Have now downloaded the first three. I think he's very funny but like all comedy, it's down to everyone's own taste. A lot hinges on whether you find the main character loveable or irritating. Despite the fact that he's a pompous foolish selfish old man, you can't help rooting for him. He's played in a very believable way and the scripts are good. I'm a fan.

Fanfare
Fanfare

4.0 out of 5 stars Good album, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Fanfare (Audio CD)
If you're a rock fan looking for new stuff then I'd recommend Jonathan Wilson. Good songs by a proper musician.

Gentle Spirit
Gentle Spirit
Offered by Side Two

4.0 out of 5 stars Good album, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Gentle Spirit (Audio CD)
I heard a Jonathan Wilson track on the radio which I liked and because I'd never heard of him, investigated on Amazon. Ended up taking a chance and buying both the Fanfare and Gentle Spirit albums. Wasn't disappointed. For a middle aged rock fan like me, it's good to hear some new stuff in what I would call old style 70's type rock, that varies from gentle stuff to slightly heavier (this is not hard rock but more reminiscent in places of prog rock). Proper original songs by proper musicians - some good riffs - bits that remind you of other bands- it's all there. Glad I bought it.

Laptone Wireless Internet USB Adaptor WiFi Dongle 300Mbps For Windows 8 / Win 7 / XP / Vista
Offered by Altec UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little device, 21 Jan 2014
Having got a new PC, I needed a new wireless adapter for it as my old one wasn't powerful enough. Despite being tiny, this Laptone adapter works extremely well and gives a good reliable connection to my hub. Just as a warning, the disc with the drivers on that comes with it is a minidisc and if you're a bit dim like me, you might not immediately realise that it's in the packet.

Goodnight Mister Tom
Goodnight Mister Tom
by Michelle Magorian

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Goodnight Mister Tom (Paperback)
My 10 year old daughter has read this at school and wanted a copy of her own so that she can read it again. It's good that she's reading something with more serious themes in it as she normally reads more light hearted stuff. I'd recommend it if you're ready for your child to start reading something that isn't about fairies or ponies and that makes her (or him) think.

REGATTA CHILDRENS FULLY WATERPROOF TROUSERS - ALL AGES (AGE 11/12, BLACK)
REGATTA CHILDRENS FULLY WATERPROOF TROUSERS - ALL AGES (AGE 11/12, BLACK)
Offered by Legendary Leisurewear

4.0 out of 5 stars They do the job, 12 Jan 2014
My daughter needed these for some outdoor activities at school. After wasting time looking in the shops for some waterproof trousers I realised it was quicker to just get them on Amazon. They're fine.

Nokia 206 SIM Free Mobile Phone - Black
Nokia 206 SIM Free Mobile Phone - Black
Offered by GSM-Fonz

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone, 12 Jan 2014
I bought this for my wife as her old phone was starting to look a bit out of date. She's not technically minded so a smart phone would be wasted on her but she still wants one that looks okay. It will only be used for phone calls and the occasional text. She seems pleased enough with it.

Rotary GS02402/03 Gents Gold PVD Stainless Steel Watch with Black Leather Strap
Rotary GS02402/03 Gents Gold PVD Stainless Steel Watch with Black Leather Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, 12 Jan 2014
I prefer a simple watch with an old fashioned clock face and a leather strap as I find the metal straps uncomfortable. I've had a Rotary watch for years and it has never let me down, so I decided to get another one as the old one is a bit battered now. This seemed to fit the bill. I'm pleased with it.

iBPM® Nokia Lumia 520 Screen Protector 10 pack plus free cloth
iBPM® Nokia Lumia 520 Screen Protector 10 pack plus free cloth
Offered by BPM UK LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars They do the job, 24 Oct 2013
These protect the screen and don't affect the touch sensitivity when you tap on it. However, I do find them fiddly to apply without leaving unsightly air bubbles underneath. I expect someone with more patience would apply them properly. Also, as I have a case for the phone, it's debatable whether these are needed anyway. Someone who always has messy hands might find them useful.

Remington R7150 Black Diamond X Rotary Shaver
Remington R7150 Black Diamond X Rotary Shaver
Offered by Luzern

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Oct 2013
Having always been one of those blokes with permanent five o'clock shadow, I've never rated electric shavers much and always found a wet shave best. This hasn't changed my opinion. I thought I'd get a half decent electric shaver and this seemed to fit the bill. It is easy to use, as you would expect but it doesn't give any better a shave than the little Braun shaver that I've had for years that runs on 2 AA batteries. To be fair, maybe somebody less swarthy than me would get better results but I'm sticking with a razor.

Page: 1 | 2