Profile for S. L. Whitcombe > Reviews

Content by S. L. Whitcombe

S. L. Whitcombe (Essex England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Biosilk Silk Therapy Serum 177ml
Biosilk Silk Therapy Serum 177ml

5.0 out of 5 stars This is such a wonderful product, and becasue you need such a tiny ..., 29 July 2015
This is such a wonderful product, and becasue you need such a tiny amount to cover the hair (mine is beyond shoulder length) it last for ages. I regularly use it on wet hair after shampooing, instea of conditioner.

Fitflop Lulu, Women Flat sandals, Black (Black), 8 UK (42 EU)
Fitflop Lulu, Women Flat sandals, Black (Black), 8 UK (42 EU)
Offered by Shoon | Shoes & Handbags

4.0 out of 5 stars I would buy another pair, 24 Jun. 2015
These are very comfy and I have worn them a lot since they arrived. Very good for ankle problems, plantar fasciatis, and aching hips and knees, all of which I suffer from. VERY shock absorbant. Also nice to have something that moulds somewhat to the foot shape..
The strap between the toes takes a lot of getting use to and I have a blister that is plastered over, which I developed on day one. I would probably go for Nubuck next time as the leather of these ones is a little slidy-around if the foot is hot or wet. I think Nubuck tends to be softer.

Flambards: The Complete Series [DVD]
Flambards: The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Edward Judd

5.0 out of 5 stars The music will hook you if the story doesn't, 3 Jan. 2015
This is a wonderful box set if you want something that is poignant, gentle, and a really enjoyable experience. OK, it is about an upper class that existed pre and post first world war, but if you can put aside your prejudice, it is a lovely easy watch. The acting is good, the characters classy, and the chemistry between the actors, irisistable. It is Granada TV when it was at its creative best, and as for the music.... It will haunt you forever.

Testament of Youth [DVD]
Testament of Youth [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cheryl Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Once seen never forgotten, 3 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Testament of Youth [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this when I was a teenager and it has haunted me ever since. The acting is impeccable. The atmosphere true to life, but mostly, it is the haunting music by the late Geoffrey Burgon (combined with the painfully poignant poetry of Roland Leighton) that leaves one thinking about the story for a long time afterwards. Beautifully done. This is a DVD to treasure.

Trees (Usborne Spotter's Guide)
Trees (Usborne Spotter's Guide)
by Esmond Harris

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 29 Dec. 2014
Very informative

Under Milk Wood
Under Milk Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Under Milk Wood (Audio CD)
Excellent

Philips Sonicare HX6731/02 HealthyWhite Deluxe Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX6731/02 HealthyWhite Deluxe Rechargeable Toothbrush

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 29 Dec. 2014
Overhyped and doesn't clean my teeth very well

A Late Quartet [DVD] [2012]
A Late Quartet [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Philip Seymour Hoffman

3.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this film but there is something lacking and I ..., 29 Dec. 2014
This review is from: A Late Quartet [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
I enjoyed this film but there is something lacking and I don't know what. Perhaps it is more televison drama than film. Not sure I would watch it twice.

Quartet [DVD]
Quartet [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith
Offered by The Happy Zombie

5.0 out of 5 stars this film is a delight. Billy Connolly is excellent, 29 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Quartet [DVD] (DVD)
If you want a bit of an uplifting experience, this film is a delight. Billy Connolly is excellent. Amusing, gentle, and heart warming.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Just awful!, 14 Aug. 2014
These boots are not even waterproof when walking in dewy grass. To say they are waterproof is a joke. Mine got so soaked on first wearing that they spent one week to dry out. This was a walk in wet short grass, not a splash through deep puddles in rain. They are clumpy, VERY heavy when wet (and they are as absorbant as blotting paper) and are probably the worst peice of walking footwear I have ever bought (I am 55 so there have been a lot). I feel that I have totally wasted my money, and only want to save others form making the same mistake.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3