Profile for M. Mccreath > Reviews

Content by M. Mccreath

M. Mccreath (Wigan, england)

Settlers 7 (PC DVD)
Settlers 7 (PC DVD)
Offered by Startup Media
Price: 2.43

1.0 out of 5 stars Server Not Available, 5 April 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Settlers 7 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
The first 3 Settlers games were brilliant indeed after that they went a little down hill in my books. I was rather looking forward to the online play offered in Settlers 7.

1st problem.... creating the Ubisoft account was easy but when I launched the game it patched several times and which was very easy. Then Install keycode..... after after almost a dozen attempts using the correct key it finaly was accepted.

2nd problem.... after a few mins of a black screen a pop up saying Server Not Available. So can't get into the game and then took ages to exit the game.

If the game will auto patch itself from there servers, it makes it a joke that we can't connect to be able to play the game.

I've managed to get the game to load up once after the Server not available, I clicked on exit game and teh game loaded up with only 1 option.... Quick game, so I clicked that and the game crashed.

After taking a look on the games offical forums I found the following.....

"Hi all,
since the problem seems to have disappeared for some of the affected players I'd like to have an up-to-date overview.

If you have never been able to start the game due to the "Server not available" message right after the initial loading screen please post:

1. Your account name (as entered in the UGL)
2. Your location & ISP
3. How you purchased the game (Steam, retail...)
4. Time of your last login attempt (ie last game start)

Thanks alot!

UPDATE:
We have tracked down the issue - it's a problem that occurs when linking your keys to the multiplayer profile.
Ubisoft GNS and TG-OPS are currently working on a solution - I'll keep you updated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BB_foxbox, Tue March 30 2010 09:59 "

So far when I posted a reply there was 31 pages to that thread.
Apart from that there was also the following on a different forum thread.

"Settlers 7

Error: "Server not available"

The game cannot establish an outgoing connection on UDP ports 21000-29999 -> Check your firewall settings

On some systems there was an issue with the windows firewall excpetions - try to remove the game from the exceptions, start the game and add a new exception."

I've tried that and still nothing.

The support from Ubisoft apears lame and very slow after reading the game fourms.

The game needs a permanent internet connection and as the Ubisoft servers don't work you can't play the game as there is no option to play offline, that is rather pathetic indeed.

All in all, don't waste any money on buying this game until Ubisoft can be botherd to sort out there server connection.

Fool's Game
Fool's Game

5.0 out of 5 stars just fantastic, 2 Sep 2003
This review is from: Fool's Game (Audio CD)
I got this album in 1991 when my local record shop were selling there LP's off cheap. As far I can remember Mordred was unknown in the UK, which was a shame as this album was fresh and very different for the time.....
The music in 1989/2000 changed with bands like Metallica, Guns n' Roses, Nirvana, Pearl Jam..... to name but a few.
Fools Game is a brilliant LP, today it would sound just as fresh as it did the first time I heard it, but even better if it was on CD.... although I've never even seen it in a shop let alone on CD

Voyager Classics - Red Mars
Voyager Classics - Red Mars
by Kim Stanley Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars simply brilliant, 31 May 2003
This is one of the best and most realistic sci-fi stories ever written, from the technical data on terraforming mars to animal evolution. This book has it all, from the first man to step foot on the red planet, to life, death, murder, revolution. The humanity of this book is simply astounding. The end of this book will have you buying Green Mars and then Blue Mars. Simply put this book is an Epic, a must read for any sci-fi lover.