Profile for kaf20 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
ERGObaby Carrier Sport Black
ERGObaby Carrier Sport Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great baby carrier, 22 Oct. 2011
We bought this to take on holiday with our 17 month old and it was definitely worth it. She is now too big for the babybjorn we previously had and both my husband and i found the backpacks (e.g. littlelife) that you put a baby in very uncomfortable. The ergo baby carrier is different as it places all the weight on your hips so we found we could walk around for a few hours without getting too tired. Our little girl was always very comfortable in this and when she fell asleep we could use the head support to stop her head lolling about. I did wonder how you would cope on your own if your baby fell asleep as it would difficult to attach this yourself but as there was always two of us this wasn't an issue for us. Another slight problem we had with this was figuring out how to put your baby on your back safely if you were on your own. The instructions aren't entirely clear and I actually found them impossible to follow. Eventually i figured out a safe method using a sofa but i am reluctant to use this carrier if i am out on my own without someone to help me take it on and off. It was great for holiday though and easily packed into our suitcase. I don't think i would bother with a babybjorn in the future and just use this from birth as there are no issues with putting your baby on your front (this is actually much easier than with a babybjorn).

Sassy Grasp and Glow (Colours May Vary)
Sassy Grasp and Glow (Colours May Vary)
Offered by Bot's World

5.0 out of 5 stars entertaining toy, 1 April 2011
This toy says it is suitable from 3 months and i bought it when my baby was that age. The idea is that spinning the ball makes a light go on. Right from the start she was fascinated by the spinning light and mirror. Now she is 10 months and is still entertained by this toy. She can now spin the two balls herself and gets no end of delight from doing so. It's small enough that I can take this out and about for her to play with in restaurants, her pushchair etc. It always gets comments from other mums who are also impressed with the light... and as one mum pointed out, it is very easy to find your handbag!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely first instrument, 17 Mar. 2011
We bought this for our 10 month old and we are extremely pleased with it, I get almost as much enjoyment out of it as my baby! It is much better than wooden xylophones I have seen as it makes a nicer sound and is properly tuned. I like the fact it is an actual musical instrument as well as a toy. It is safe for babies as all sharp edges are enclosed. My baby is already very interested in this and uses her hands, other toys etc to make noise with it. It also comes with a leaflet of music - I can now play Beethoven's ninth and I'm hoping it is just a matter of time before my baby can too! Would definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars great travel cot, 17 Mar. 2011
We bought this travel cot to leave at my parent's house and also to take on holiday occassionally and it has certainly been worth the money. It is very easy to put up and collapse down - it only takes a few minutes. It is fairly compact when folded up so convenient for my parents to store when we are not there. However, it's probably a bit heavy and bulky to take on holiday unless you were going by car. The mattress is very thin but we just put a folded up blanket under the sheet and our baby is very comfortable. Recently we have also started using it as a play pen and it is sturdy enough to stand up to our active baby and certainly more economical than buying a proper playpen. As other reviewers have pointed out though - you can find this much cheaper elsewhere so definitely worth shopping around to pick up a real bargain...

Zoggs Kids Little Squirts - Multi
Zoggs Kids Little Squirts - Multi
Offered by Hello Baby

4.0 out of 5 stars Squirty fun, 2 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Zoggs Little Squirts 4Pk (Sports)
This is a set of four toys that squirt water when you squeeze them. We use them in the bath with our 9 month old and she loves them. The packaging says they are suitable for 3 years and up but I'm not sure why as there are no small parts for younger children to choke on so I feel fairly confident using them with my baby. On the downside, the toys are still a little stiff so it takes a few squeezes to fill them with water and squirt them - it will certainly be a while before our baby can do that (ah, perhaps that is why they are suitable for 3 years and up... :) but she certainly enjoys being squirted. We look forward to using these in swimming pool to encourage chasing and reaching behaviour - apparently very good for babies' neural development!

Swivel Bath Seat
Swivel Bath Seat
Offered by Daisybabyshop

4.0 out of 5 stars Hassle-free bathing, 2 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Swivel Bath Seat (Baby Product)
We bought this as soon as our baby was too big for her baby bath. We wanted something that would enable us to bath her in our main bath without us having to get in the bath with her or strain our backs leaning over the side of the bath. This seat achieves that. It is a plastic seat that attaches to your bath with suction pads and your baby sits inside. Our baby enjoys bathtime now and has the freedom to splash about and play while being washed. It's not perfect though. As other reviewers have noted the little yellow toy can be difficult to attach. We had to search the internet to find out how - the instructions included aren't very clear but they do make clear that you MUST NOT use the seat without the yellow toy attached. Why? I'm not entirely sure! Anyway, brute force is the way to attach it, there's no simple way to do it. Secondly, our baby is extremely active and the suction pads don't hold the seat in place, she can push herself up and down the bath. We've also noticed red marks on her legs but now that we've been using it for a few weeks these don't appear anymore so she must have learnt not to bang her legs into the sides. It is difficult to get her in and out of but to be honest I find it tricky to get her in and out of her high chair, car seat, pushchair, jumperoo etc so I wouldn't have expected this to be easy! All in all though, it's good value for money and has made bathtime a little easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars good for walking and everyday use, 1 Feb. 2011
I'm now on to my second pair of hedgehogs and I would fully imagine that when the time comes I will buy a third and fourth pair... I bought my first pair for a trip to Peru. I could only take one pair of shoes which had to do me for sightseeing in hot and cold weather and also trek the Inca trail. These were absolutely perfect for that trip and I haven't looked back since. They are lightweight walking shoes with a vibram sole and a gortex layer. They are fully waterproof and don't make your feet too hot (which can be a problem with waterproof shoes). They have a very good grip - I often use these when the pavements are icy. I find that when worn with jeans or bootcut trousers they can be quite smart looking, I have worn them to work when the weather is particularly bad and don't feel too much like a scruff (although I couldn't get away with wearing them to work without the excuse of bad weather.). Funnily enough, my first pair were a size 7 and fitted well but my second are a 6.5 and also fit well. Not sure what's going on there so might be best to try these on in a local shop if you can.

Organix Stage 2 From 7 Months Finger Foods Organic Carrot Sticks 20 g (Pack of 16)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun finger food, 1 Feb. 2011
I found it difficult trying to get my little girl to eat finger foods... that was until I introduced her to these carrot sticks. They are easy for babies to hold, nice and crunchy, have a sweet carrot taste and very unlikely to cause any gagging/choking. Once she got the hang of picking up these sticks and eating them, I was able to introduce other finger foods with no problems. Now my baby loves these so much that even the sight of the packet makes her growl with excitement. Be warned though, I've had a couple of embarrassing moments when my baby has seen other babies being handed these and she's started to squawk with complaint. Also, they do look suspiciously like wotsits. My mum makes me leave the packet on the table if we are eating out so people can clearly see they are not wotsits!!

Hoopy Loopy Elephant Tiny 20cm
Hoopy Loopy Elephant Tiny 20cm

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent elephant, 1 Feb. 2011
We have had this since our baby was born and it is still providing entertainment 9 months on. When she was tiny we hung it above her pram so she could look up at it. It's feet are black and white so even able to capture a newborn's attention. By about four months she was reaching up to hit it, would chew on its feet and was fasctinated by its crinkly ears. It also has a rattle when you shake it. It's very light so great to carry round as a travel toy. I would fully recommend and always buy these toys now as a present when someone has a baby.

Babies: The Mumsnet Guide: A Million Mums' Trade Secrets
Babies: The Mumsnet Guide: A Million Mums' Trade Secrets
by Mumsnet

5.0 out of 5 stars Mothers know best, 31 Jan. 2011
Books containing advice on bringing up babies usually leave me worried and anxious. When my baby was three months old, I read in Jo Frost's book that my baby should be in an established routine by now. I almost cried as my baby was nowhere near anything like a routine. Well, thank god for mumsnet. This book won't tell you what to do or how you should do it - it's not an alternative to books like Gina Ford or the Baby Whisperer. Instead, it contains extracts from different parents who share experiences, give advice, and most of all, reassure. I have found it useful for giving me ideas of how to approach different aspects of looking after my child (e.g. practical advice on weaning, the low down on what to expect at mother-toddler groups). Most of all though, this book is funny. It really is. And being able to laugh at others attempts of getting their baby into a routine at 3 months old is far better than crying over your own (completely normal) situation!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3