Profile for J. Young > Reviews

Content by J. Young

J. Young (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Camlink TP-2800 Camera Camcorder Tripod- 3 Way Pan & Tilt head  With Free Carry Case
Camlink TP-2800 Camera Camcorder Tripod- 3 Way Pan & Tilt head With Free Carry Case

3.0 out of 5 stars Usable but not great, you do get what you pay for, 29 Oct 2014
Usable but not great, you do get what you pay for.

This will not stay steady if your using it on an even slightly windy day or if you touch it, you'll need a remote for your camera to ensure the shots are as expected. If you're using binoculars on it then they need to be light, it's not strong enough to support heavy ones and is completely incapable of smooth panning (also making it useless for anything but static video).

Still worth 3 stars though as it is cheap and definitely has its uses.

Screen Protective Filter (Nintendo 2DS)
Screen Protective Filter (Nintendo 2DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, I messed up applying it the first ..., 29 Oct 2014
Excellent quality, I messed up applying it the first time (trapped dust and a big air bubble), followed some instructions I found online regarding cleaning it with alcohol (I used rum!) and it applied perfectly, not a single bubble.

Roku 2400EU LT AV Receiver Set-Top Box
Roku 2400EU LT AV Receiver Set-Top Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome little gadget, 29 Oct 2014
Awesome little gadget, really the only worthwhile channels are:

iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD, 5oD, Netflix, YouTube & Vevo

The others are just 'filler' to make it sound more impressive by claiming 450+ channels.

You can also stream music and photos from your phone, videos as well if you have a supported handset (not many).

I didn't pay anything like the price on here though (almost £40 at the time of writing), I paid £19.99 from another major retailer, I was so impressed with the ease of use that I bought another two for my kids rooms!

I also own a Chromecast which we have on our main TV and although this is nowhere near as flexible when it comes to streaming both over the internet and from your phone it does the basics well and it's handy having the channels built in.

Basically if you just want the catchup channels and netflix or this is for young kids then it's perfect, but if you want all that plus the ability to stream content from your phone and play mobile games on your TV then spend a bit more and get a Chromecast.

Paper Jamz Drum Set Series 3 - Style 16
Paper Jamz Drum Set Series 3 - Style 16

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and easy to use., 6 Mar 2013
Great product, my 5 year old absolutely loves it and figured out how to use it within minutes.

Fun for just about any age.

TeckNet HD Component Cable for Nintendo Wii
TeckNet HD Component Cable for Nintendo Wii
Offered by Cloud Accessories Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 8 Jan 2013
I must admit I was a little dubious about how much of a difference this would actually make and I put off buying it for a long time, In the end I only took the plunge so that I could connect something else to my AV input! Now I wish I'd bought one when I first looked at them a couple of years ago, even on my top of the range 37" Sony Bravia it made a huge difference, the edges of menu buttons look much smoother and everything just has a more 'crisp' appearance, well worth every penny paid.

Paper Jamz - Instant Rockstar Guitar Strap - Star (Blue)
Paper Jamz - Instant Rockstar Guitar Strap - Star (Blue)
Offered by ARGOSYTOYS home delivery service UK and Worldwide. Established 1947.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but overpriced, 7 Jan 2013
For what it is and considering the quality this is definitely overpriced, however my son loves his Paper Jamz guitar and a strap is essential really to use it comfortably, It would be better though if they charged slightly more for the guitar and included a strap with it. The quality is definitely below par, the faux leather bits that connect to the guitar are quite thin and don't feel up to much wear and tear, and the adjuster moves far too easily considering the weight of the guitar.

I'm also glad this wasn't bought as a gift as the packaging didn't arrive in very good condition, the strap had just been put in a small plastic bag which meant the cardboard packaging had been bent every which way during transit and was pretty crumpled up, although it did arrive a few days earlier than expected.

Littlelife Kid's Alpine 4 Daysack -
Littlelife Kid's Alpine 4 Daysack -

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, 29 Aug 2011
We bought this for our 3 year old, mainly for a holiday to Paris & Disneyland, and it went beyond expectations.

He loved wearing it and seemed very comfortable, the wrist strap was incredibly comfortable and just the right length for him to walk around and explore a little without straying too far. The build quality is top-notch and it holds a surprising amount, we put a few nappies, baby wipes and a rolled up rain jacket in the main pouch and a small bottle of water in one of the side pouches which worked well and wasn't too heavy for him at all.

We'll be getting as much use out of this as possible as it will be great for days out etc as well as just for walking around town on busy days. I would definitely recommend this product without any hesitation.

Philip's Stargazing with Binoculars
Philip's Stargazing with Binoculars
by David Frydman

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book but a little out-dated in some sections, 16 Mar 2011
This is a good book for beginners but also a good reference for more advanced observers. It contains a large amount of interesting facts, figures and information not only for stargazing with binoculars but also relevant to using a telescope or even the naked eye.

Maglite Boxed AAA Solitaire Torch - Red
Maglite Boxed AAA Solitaire Torch - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy little torch, 16 Mar 2011
Small but surprisingly powerful, with the addition of a small piece of clear red sweet wrapper (quality street or similar) over the lens it's perfect for stargazing. A very handy little torch.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2011 10:51 PM GMT

Belkin Surge Master 6-Way Tel/Fax/Modem Protection with 2m Cable
Belkin Surge Master 6-Way Tel/Fax/Modem Protection with 2m Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 10 Jan 2011
I've owned quite a few Belkin surge protectors over the years and they've always done a superb job. You can rest easy knowing your covered by a lifetime warranty and a great level of connected equipment cover.

Whilst you can't reset it after a serious surge Belkin will happily replace it free of charge, this is for your own protection and theirs as it ensures that if any damage is done to the surge protection system it cannot go unnoticed and allow further surges to damage your equipment (leading to a high value claim for damages).

Belkin surge protectors tick all the boxes and do a fantastic job, no hesitation in giving this product 5 stars.

Page: 1 | 2