Profile for Juli M. Stewart > Reviews

Content by Juli M. Stewart

Juli M. Stewart (whitwell UK)

Philips AJ1000 Clock Radio
Philips AJ1000 Clock Radio

3.0 out of 5 stars Alarm too jarring, 24 Jan. 2014
We like the amber display - easy to read. I bought it for the double alarm as my husband gets up at 5 and I get up at 7. The alarm was too loud - it completely woke me up and I was unable to get back to sleep so we no longer use it - use a phone ap instead which wakes you up slowly and quietly - much better!

Chaysing Dreams
Chaysing Dreams
by Jalpa Williby

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling Read, 26 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Chaysing Dreams (Paperback)
We are introduced to Tessnia, the main character, via her nightmare, boding of something more sinister to follow. Tess confidently grows up, cosseted by her loving parents and supportive friends. She succeeds easily in everything, but her equilibrium is thrown off kilter my two mystery men. As she reaches young adulthood, further glimpses of mystery and suspense beckon.

This is Jalpa Williby's first novel, which initially drew me in via its stunning cover. Her writing style and use of the first person instantly appealed. I wondered if it was a YA novel, as when we first meet Tessnia, she is fifteen. But don't make this mistake as some steamy, romance scenes follow, which might not be for everyone.

I enjoyed learning about the supporting characters especially Jack and Kylie. Perhaps, through their career choices, their personas may be developed and involved in different ways if there is a sequel?

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book over a couple of days and quickly became immersed. Yet the more I read, the more I began to question was all as it seemed and whom could Tess really trust?

Obsession
Obsession

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling Story, 22 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Obsession (Kindle Edition)
I read this book on my daughter's recommendation. She is 9 so a tween, the age the book is marketed at. Often, I get halfway through a book she told me I must read and then put it down. However, that did not happen here and despite thinking "I must go to sleep now" I read on to finish the book.

Abby comes across as a very typical brash, US teenager and due to her determination to not enjoy anything about her new home, it took me a while to like her. I liked her parent's attitudes even less but it becomes apparent that there are reasons for her mother's behaviour! I enjoyed her sister's character and Greg's - very creepy.

The story was compelling and there is only one comment I would like parents of potential tweens to note: At just Age 9 my daughter did not yet know about periods (maybe that's unusual - I'm not sure) but after reading this she inquired of me: "What's a period? Why is there blood? What's a kotex?" so be warned if you haven't yet chatted with your young tween!

Having said that I would recommend this book and I especially love the cover.

Rotastak Pink Palace Small Animal Housing
Rotastak Pink Palace Small Animal Housing

3.0 out of 5 stars Rotastak Pink Palace, 15 April 2012
Yes it looks amazing but we were concerned about the metal bars at the top of the middle section as possible escape routes.
Well my daughter introduced her two mice to their new home and in less than 30 minutes one of them had escaped through the bars so take note: THIS CAGE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR BABY MICE.