Profile for Joanne > Reviews

Content by Joanne

Joanne

Shadowscapes Tarot (78 card deck and a 264 page book)
Shadowscapes Tarot (78 card deck and a 264 page book)
by Stephanie Pui-Mun Law
Edition: Cards
Price: 18.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing, 29 Sep 2013
This deck is my personal favourite, instantly friendly and the artistry and symbolism is astonishingly intricate and beautiful, I really do like 'pretty' decks but am often deterred as its very easy to be distracted by such, not so with these for me, instead I find that the images on each card compel me to really focus and help me to provide better readings. The deck is just so friendly and is very direct, even a quick single card reading can just jump out at you with a good lengthy intricate answer if you so wish. despite the intricacy of the images I think this deck would be very suitable for beginners and advanced users alike, they are very much a one off.

The accompanying book is simply astonishing, each card image is reproduced in black & white coupled with a bit of back story and then divinatory meaning. As some have said the book meanings are more positive than negative but good interpretation will easily accommodate this, there are also no reverse meanings which again good interpretation can easily accommodate for should you use such technique.

I do have a couple of niggles though: the inner box for the deck is simply way oversized and flimsy making it no use, especially as the cardstock is rather flimsy. Don't get me wrong, the deck handles really well and the coating is very smooth without being glossy and that alone is a major positive but could deter some from regularly using the cards as it also makes them feel flimsy given how thin the cardstock is.

I would recommend this deck and book without hesitation to anyone regardless of skill level but I would also highly recommend purchasing a decent bag/box to store the cards in.

Ghosts and Spirits Tarot
Ghosts and Spirits Tarot

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply an inspiring Tarot Deck, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Ghosts and Spirits Tarot (Cards)
From the very instant I unpackaged this deck I knew they would get regular use as they're simply brilliant: sometimes a deck can take a while to get comfortable with, not so with these for me at least, straight away I felt a natural affinity with them. Thus far I've had very clear readings and easy interpretations but you can go so deep with them if you want with little effort. The artistry and symbolism is amazing and the cards themselves are very good quality as are the background stories to each card in the LWB as they really do give a much deeper understanding to what's detailed on each card.

My only niggle is the coating on the cards themselves - it's a little 'grabby' but I'm sure that will wear off with use

Directions [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Directions [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Death Cab for Cutie

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for mi Sister, 29 Sep 2013
The only song I know is Follow you into the Dark I think its called, mi sister showed me the rabbits video for it on youtube and it makes me cry every time, she loves it also, so I bought it her as a 'thank you' for being the best sister ever, she loves it and I'm happy that I know she'll always have a proper copy of it that she can watch regardless coz its worth it for that one video :)