Profile for hugh neary > Reviews

Content by hugh neary

hugh neary

Page: 1 | 2
Vibox 0.5m New BLACK SATA Cable Serial ATA Data Lead 50cm connect HDD Hard Drive & CDRW

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality. As described, 23 Oct. 2013
Good quality cable, delivered promptly. I have had some pretty awful SATA cables in the past, so I didn't know what to expect for the price. These were excellent. A good solid fit.

Linux Troubleshooting Bible w/WS
Linux Troubleshooting Bible w/WS
by Christopher Negus

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine., 23 Oct. 2013
A little dated, but I bought it to boost my Linux library. A useful tool to have around although I have yet to use it in earnest

Huawei Unlocked Huawei E353 High Speed 3G Dongle 21.1Mbps HSPA+ Modem
Huawei Unlocked Huawei E353 High Speed 3G Dongle 21.1Mbps HSPA+ Modem

1.0 out of 5 stars What gives with this junk. I smell a rat!, 23 Oct. 2013
This was not what was advertised. It's locked to 3G. I have submitted complaints about the incorrect description and lack of and endcap. My complaint being that the device was incomplete and not as described or depicted in the advert and the supplier was not willing to provide a return address.

Whe I click on the decription on my completed orders page, the link takes me to the same advert but the supplier is "caspar" or sometimes "good4U". My unit was actually supplied by Ian Halling of EezyPC
54 Ley Orchard
Willersey
Broadway
Worcs
WR12 7PW

I left a review stating my displeasure with the product and supplier, but where it went, God knows! I think the supplier the orders description took me to at the time was good4U, the same description on
my received orders has now taken me to to the same product but the supplier is caspar!

I realise from the feedback that there were problems with past units, but I never thought a supplier through Amazon could continually peddle goods that were inferior and not as advertised.

4GB (2 x 2GB) RAM Memory for Dell Latitude Models D620 D630 D820 (DDR2-667, PC2-5300) 200p Upgrade

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine. Very pleased., 22 Oct. 2013
It works!

The memory came in good time was well packed and included tips on fitting the modules.

As I hadn't played with a laptops innards before I found this a useful little addition.

Learning the bash Shell (A Nutshell handbook)
Learning the bash Shell (A Nutshell handbook)
by Cameron Newham

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, very comprehensible., 22 Oct. 2013
A very readable introduction to the shell. It contains quite a few examples that are well explained. I keep the thing on the desk where it serves as a reference as well as something to "dip into"

Although it's a UNIX edition I find it very suitable for LINUX also.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device. Very happy, 12 Oct. 2013
I have had this for around a month. It works very well, is easy to use and a doddle to clean. I expect other mixers would do the same, but I have found the difference between bought and home made bread amazing!

I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever, but I must admit when on higher speeds it gets quite "frisky" and is apt to shake itself and the table vigorously.

Maybe I shouldn't be concerned, but if it shakes itself to bits in a year or two, I'll still consider it a fantastic buy!!

The downside is I'll never be satisfied with a supermarket loaf again.

Alassio - 41033 TAORMINA -  attache case briefcase, leather, black
Alassio - 41033 TAORMINA - attache case briefcase, leather, black
Offered by ZAZA ®

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, reasonable price., 14 Sept. 2013
This is a good looking functional piece of kit.

The partitioning is o/k and the Velcro attached internal pockets are an interesting approach that make fumbling for miniscule objects like paper clips & 5P coins easy.

It represents good value for money, and does the job perfectly.

Dell Latitude D620 D630 Laptop Hard Disk Drive Caddy Cover+Screws MF267 0MF267
Dell Latitude D620 D630 Laptop Hard Disk Drive Caddy Cover+Screws MF267 0MF267

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to believe the price!, 14 Sept. 2013
I got this for a spare hard drive I use XP on. After hassle with Linux altering my boot sectors I try to go for separate HD,s.

This little attachment takes a lot of time to swap, so I bought the caddy cover to keep attached to the spare HD.

How the hell they do it for the price beats me! It fits perfectly and looks fine.

5 Pcs AC 250V/3A Normally Open SPST Momentary Red Push Button Switch
5 Pcs AC 250V/3A Normally Open SPST Momentary Red Push Button Switch
Offered by sourcingmap

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 14 Sept. 2013
the things work. The connections are simple. What else is there to say about a push switch?

three more words!

Linux Unleashed
Linux Unleashed
by William Ball

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it say's on the cover., 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Linux Unleashed (Paperback)
A dashed useful reference.

I have only touched upon it's contents so far, but it seems more than adequate for running a home network.

Page: 1 | 2