Profile for A. Gerrie > Reviews

Content by A. Gerrie

A. Gerrie (UK)

VTech Kidizoom Plus Multimedia Digital Camera (Blue)
VTech Kidizoom Plus Multimedia Digital Camera (Blue)
Offered by Toy Arena
Price: 59.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Pcture Quality - Very Poor, 3 Mar 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
I know this is just a children's camera but the picture quality is extremely poor to say the least, I mean it is absolutely abysmal. Any phone from many years past will take a better picture, and they are phones. At the end of the day this is a camera with a flash so it should be able to produce something half decent but I can't put into words how poor quality they are.

To make matters worse, on a normal digital camera you would take the shot, pull back and admire your handy work on the screen. On this product, the picture disappears immediately (much to the annoyance of my son) and I have to switch the dial to view them. Extra annoyingly this seems to show pictures in some sort of random order, not most recent first so it is particularly difficult to find what has just been taken.

I really wish we had made a more considered purchase on this one.

Oneself Likeness
Oneself Likeness

4.0 out of 5 stars Top album, 14 Aug 2008
This review is from: Oneself Likeness (Audio CD)
Yes I like this. In the Soil and Pimp ilk and I would argue more consistent overall - Looking forward to picking up the next Quasimode instalment.

The Soundings
The Soundings
Offered by the_record_factory
Price: 6.42

2.0 out of 5 stars Different, 14 Aug 2008
This review is from: The Soundings (Audio CD)
Like many other here, I loved the first two albums and had high expectations of this one. Sadly is doesn't compare as it is a completely different type of music. I know other contributors are advising a few listens until it becomes appreciated but I have had albums like that before and this isn't one of them.

This sort of thing simply isn't my bag; it's been on twice and won't be going on again.

Sunset
Sunset
Price: 14.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Album!!, 17 Feb 2008
This review is from: Sunset (Audio CD)
It really is, I'm not sure how I stumbled across Camiel now but I am so glad I did. There is a real nice mix of guitar and electronic that blends together really well. As an album this is music you can really kick back to but is in no way background music - there is some striking detail and a usually present bass-line to add depth and presence.

I normally listen to artists like Thievery Corporation, Bonobo and suchlike, and although not quite the same, some parallels can be drawn here. I can also thoroughly recommend his earlier album `On a Day Like this'. Definitely a worthwhile purchase!

Mishaps Happening
Mishaps Happening
Price: 10.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting better with every album, 21 Jan 2005
This review is from: Mishaps Happening (Audio CD)
I stumbled across quantic last year by reading Amazon reviews and I am pleased I did. I have the first two albums, both are very good and get a lot of air play.
While the previous albums contain the odd bum track, Mishaps Happening is very consistent with a quality eclectic mix of tracks which really capture the imagination. Tracks like 'Angels and Albatrosses' would fit in perfectly with a majestic long distance camel ride though the Sahara. Whereas 'Perception' is more in line with a banging D&B club classic. I'm afraid I didn't appreciate Trinidad's contribution, and the album would have been better if it was omitted from the track listing. I would like to give it 4.5 stars as a result but will round it up to 5 anyway because the rest is so faultess. I'll just skip over track four!