Profile for T_Nas > Reviews

Content by T_Nas

T_Nas "Tim" (London)

Krav Maga for Beginners: A Step-By-Step Guide to the World's Easiest-To-Learn, Most-Effective Fitness and Fighting Program
by Darren Levine

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 17 May 2010
Good book, giving you a broad understanding of this combat system, with decent enough pictures.

One thing I noticed, having done some Krav Maga, is it doesnt even mention 'scanning' (checking your surroundings) which was pretty much the first thing I learnt about Krav Maga, and I would think pretty fundamental to self defense.

All in all, good stuff written by a top authority, this would compliment your lessons. I find it useful after the class to follow up reading the techniques again from the book, although you can see minor differences in the techniques taught in the UK and the US.

pHion Green Powder 210g Alkalising Superfood
pHion Green Powder 210g Alkalising Superfood

4.0 out of 5 stars Green Gunk, 29 Mar. 2010
Tastes pretty terrible (ignore the 'delicious tasting tag line on the bottle...), but all these types of vege drinks do. Mixes well though, so at least its not gritty.

For those that havent tried something like before, dont expect instant miracles, but i'm pretty sure they keep me healthy. I rarely get colds any more, my gums have improved since i started drinking regularly, according to to the dentist, and also my hair seemed to get less grey! Also had people actually say how healthy I was looking, how bright my eyes were etc, so I think they are good. Takes some time though, so stick with it.