Profile for Iheartmykindle > Reviews

Content by Iheartmykindle

Iheartmykindle

CloudNine Neuropad2 Android Tablet - Now with Android 4.0.3 ICS - 2180p HD Superslim 7" 5 point touch Capacitive Android Tablet with A10 processor NOW WITH 8GB Memory - Fully compatible with Facebook, Youtube player and Skype

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for those on a budget, 7 April 2012
Absolutely blown away by the quality of this tablet compared to the cost! It does everything I need it to do and it's a fraction of the price of a you-know-what. The tablet was fully charged and ready to go straight out of the box - all I had to do was turn it on. Picked up my home wireless immediately and I was downloading apps and surfing the net in seconds. Has been playing video and music files without any glitches. Combine this with a 32GB SD card and you are onto a winner - without the big price tag!

An Electronic Italian Dictionary (Electronic Dictionaries Vol. 2) (Italian Edition)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me....., 19 Jan 2012
I know some reviewers have had some issues with reliability on the Kindle 4 but I've just downloaded it to mine and so far it's worked very well. I have only tried it with Italian texts ("Il gatto con gli stivali" and "Corriere della serra" for the Kindle) but so far it is exactly what I've been looking for. Following the directions on the product page I've set it as my default dictionary and, when the cursor is directed to a word, the English translation appears. Perfect!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 16 Jan 2012
I was very pleased to see these skins become available AT LAST for the new Kindle. I had one for my old Kindle Keyboard and loved it. This one is no different - the print is good quality, the colours are clear and bright and, with a little patience, it's a good fit. I think 17.99 may be a little pricey for what it is and for that reason I knocked off a star, giving it 4 stars out of 5. It's NOT a protective cover - the product description definitely states that it is a sticker so if you are looking for some protection for your Kindle this is not the product for you. The skin is very lightweight and bulk free however, so you could also buy a sleeve which would offer more protection. Some may question why buy both - what can I say, I just like my gadgets to look pretty!

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than I thought!, 17 Oct 2011
After leaving my Kindle Keyboard (WiFi only) on a plane 3 weeks ago (gutted!) I was disappointed to find that I could now only replace it with the full 3G Keyboard version which, at 159, was out of budget for my insurer's cheque! So, I opted for the "baby" Kindle, not really knowing what to expect. I have read the positive and negative reviews on this site and can firmly say I am in the positive camp! I received it this morning and what it may have lost in the form of the keyboard, it makes up for in reduced weight and shape. Yes, the page turn buttons are dfferent - BUT they are certainly no less comfortable to use. The 5 way navigation and menu buttons are small but function well and the system responds very quickly. The system itself works in exactly the same way as the previous models. There have been reports that the promised increased page turn speed has not materialised - for me, the jury is still out. The page turn definitely looks different - the words seem to blur rather than "disappear" as they did with the Kindle Keyboard, but I do have the feeling that it is quicker.

I am fairly keen on security and I did have a password to protect my last Kindle (useful when you leave things on public transport) so I wanted to again add one to the baby Kindle. It is more time consuming to enter a password with the on screen keyboard, but, its 30 seconds of minor irritation compared to the cost of numerous unauthorised downloads charged to my account, so I will continue to persevere.

On balance, I can safely say I love it - it does everything it said it would with Amazon's excellent customer service to boot. When my original was lost, it was de registered for me very quickly and now I have the new one, all my previous purchases are waiting for me in the Archive to download. Brilliant!

As for those complaining that it's not backlit - turn the light on! You wouldn't read a paper book in the dark, would you?!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2014 3:40 PM BST