Profile for Skipper > Reviews

TeckNet® High Precision Gaming Mouse with 2,000 DPI, 6 Button, 40g Extra weight
TeckNet® High Precision Gaming Mouse with 2,000 DPI, 6 Button, 40g Extra weight
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Very light., 5 July 2014
Very light. Also as some say it jitters with the curser when moving on desktop. I don't no if it just me but I keep pressing the right mouse button by accident when moving the mouse which is annoying as I think the buttons on the mouse are too slack. Sorry but look else where and spend that bit more on another mouse but not the TechNet 9800 mouse as this also got lag and jitter problems.

Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD]
Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Evangeline Lily

5.0 out of 5 stars One to watch be for you die., 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD] (DVD)
5 month ago I picked up the series LOST for £35 which I had been holding of from buying for years and I was going to buy it at £60 which still would have been worth it in the end. I finished it 2 days ago after 5 month of watching it and all I can say is wow. I have Not watched a series like this be for, ok I watched Star Gate, Star Trek etc but I don't normally watch things like this but im glad I did. It has its ups and downs like every series out there and some non answered questions from certain plots. Some people say they don't like it because of the ending but I thought it was sweeeet (Good) and at least (I) thought it did have an ending unlike some other series I have watched. The only thing is I nearly gave up on the first series as it is boring as hell for 1st couple of episodes and it doesn't start really to series 2 but at least you get to know the characters in that time. Watch it if you have not already or re watch it like I will next year again Very Happy face :)

EDIT. @ Amazon when I said £60 would be worth it I didn't mean £109 be worth it. This is just overpriced now.

Sim City (PC DVD)
Sim City (PC DVD)
Offered by Turbotrance

2.0 out of 5 stars £35 on Black (Improved alot), 29 Mar 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sim City (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
EDIT UPDATE

After 57 hours well 15 hours when 1st brought it was trying to get on the servers and other bug issues what wouldn't let me play, this has to be an excellent Sim. Since the servers been fixed and gameplay bugs ive had hours of fun. Ok still not 100% like not been able to lower raise land etc but they have added lower raise roads so that's a start. Still dislike the fact that you have to be connected to the internet even for single player but this has become more fun to play since all bugs have been fixed. Lost most score due to internet connectivity.

As seen as this has a casino themed city I should have put £35 on black on real roulette instead as this is how much the game cost me and at least I could have doubled my money. I have recently orded SimCity 4 delux and im going to see how this is with all the free mods etc. In SimCity 5 the city is way too small even though you can have several other regions in the city I would have liked just one big city. I have not had any problems like most people have with logging on into the game even from day 1 but would still prefer not to logon to server like all other people. This does not even feel like a game it feels more of an app. I did get dead space 3 though free has one of the free games they where giving but this don't make up for how SimCity 5 is. It just don't seem right. :( Amiga 500 SimCity for ever which I play all the time and still love.

X-PLANE 10 (PC/Mac DVD)
X-PLANE 10 (PC/Mac DVD)
Offered by PNA247

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay Clear!!!!!, 4 Nov 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: X-PLANE 10 (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Do not buy this i have a 670 GTX and I7 3770k Ivy and it still runs slow. I tried X plane 9 and thought i would give another go and wish i saved the money. Avoid if using Windows not sure what it like on a mac but thats another story. I will never ever go into the official forums on the x plane forums again. I asked if any one else had a problem opening the case as the case was realy hard to open as it was stook solid. I got a PM and my post locked and the pm said. Realy you come on here asking this question next time you will be banned. Im never ever buying this product again.

Sunshine [Blu-ray] [2007]
Sunshine [Blu-ray] [2007]
Dvd ~ Cillian Murphy

4.0 out of 5 stars Firing green lasers, 1 Oct 2011
This film does not get enougth attention. If it was made by steven spielberg and had will smith and aliens firing green lasers then it be up there at the top. Everything makes this film from the story, the cast and amazing theme tune. Its not one to watch all the time though but when you do watch it for the 1st time your like WOW. This must be the best film ive seen in ages and it doesnt seem too far fetch either like other scifi films. In short whatch it and on bluray its amazing.

Thermaltake E-Sports Challenger Gaming Keyboard UK Layout
Thermaltake E-Sports Challenger Gaming Keyboard UK Layout

4.0 out of 5 stars TT ESPORTS KB-CHL002UK Challenger Gamers Keyboard, 30 May 2011
I wanted a decent keyboard as i have brought cheap keyboards in the past and the space bar or other keys have broke due to use over a few weeks. I didnt want to pay too much for a keyboard so i got this one. The keys are solid the W,A,S,D keys seem to more stiffer then the rest i think this is due to the fact that you use these keys more in games so they made them stiffer so you dont acidently press the wrong one. Over all its a good solid key board but very light and comes with a fan where you can have the fan on the left or right side of the keyboard. The fan is also prety powerfull. If your looking for a keyboard and want to pay that bit more with out spending too much then i would buy. Excellent packing and delivery time as normal from Amazon too.

The Crazies [DVD]
The Crazies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maxime Alexandre
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Crazy Film in ages, 4 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Crazies [DVD] (DVD)
No 3 hour SubPlot and Gets Str8t to point. This is the best Horror film ive seen in ages. I was at first. Shal i buy or shal i not but then i did and was glad. Quite a few jumpy bits in too which for the past couple of years ive not jumped in films like this but this made me. Just wish it was abit longer but then again if it was longer they would have to put a boring subplot in. Just Carnt wait to see the 2nd one if they are going to make it.

Western Digital Caviar Blue  640GB SATAII  16MB Cache 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB SATAII 16MB Cache 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM
Offered by Cambridge Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars 7200rpm?, 28 July 2010
Hi im thinking of getting this for my main drive to put my windows 7 pro on but just wondering if this HD is 7200rpm?. Im buying a new HD due mine is saying boot disc faild and it also making clicking sounds and im getting an app crash errors all the time :P.

Just checking on the 7200rpm

Thanks for any info.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2010 8:30 PM BST

Toshiba 32XV555DB- 32" Widescreen 1080p HD Ready LCD TV With Freeview
Toshiba 32XV555DB- 32" Widescreen 1080p HD Ready LCD TV With Freeview

3.0 out of 5 stars DVI to HDMI?, 16 Feb 2010
Hi ive had this TV for sometime. Its excellent for the TV and game consoles. I have the 360 and PS3 which all work fine. Which the PS3 is excellent frew the HDMI. But when using the PC i have to use a normal RGB lead. I have been trying to use a DVI to HDMI adaptor from my PC to the TV but with no look. When i tried using a differnt make of TV with using the DVI to HDMI lead it worked and could use the HDMI ports instead of using the RGB. When i plug the DVI to HDMI lead into HDMI1 or HDMI2 on the TV and change the channel to the right HDMI where my lead is connected nothing happens it goes to the dule black screen as nothing is on the screen. I am using a ATI RadeonHD3870 X2 Which like i said it works fine with other TV's but not this one. Also HDMI3 slot dont work on the PS3 either which is strange.

Thanks for any help or comments. Hope its not just me with the PC. Im actualy using the TV now but using the RGB lead but i want the DVI to HDMI to work.

Thanks.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2011 5:23 PM BST

The Complete One Foot in the Grave - Series 1-6 Plus Christmas Specials [DVD]
The Complete One Foot in the Grave - Series 1-6 Plus Christmas Specials [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Wilson
Offered by Love-Your-Books

5.0 out of 5 stars "i dont believe it", 12 Feb 2010
Now i can watch this from begining to end as i have never seen the very first episode and the last episode "EndGame" and now i can. Im actualy watching it from the very 1st episode to the last. Also it includes all the Crimbo specials which im watching as well. And what a price :D.

I do love the phone number. 4291. :D