Profile for Ac > Reviews

The Pregnancy And Postnatal Workout [DVD]
Offered by becksdvds-co-uk
Price: 15.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound but good workout, 16 Mar 2006
As many people have already noted the sound quality is extremely poor - it sounds hollow and echoey - but we have surround sound on our dvd system which seems to make it bearable. I didn't have a problem with hearing what the instructor said once I got used to it.
As a workout it certainly got my heart pumping and I felt like I'd had a workout. The exercises are all quite fast but it wasn't difficult to keep up and on the second playing I was already used to the routine changes throughout the aerobic part of the dvd. The leg, stomach and arm exercises are all slower but felt like I was stretching and working my muscles. I don't know if it's just me but I always struggle with knowing how to do the pelvic floor muscles properly (without sqeezing your stomach or bottom muscles!) and although there is a technique section on the dvd I still didn't feel I'd been helped particularly to get it right. Perhaps it just comes with practice...
Overall I think it's quite a good home exercise tool since it worked my heart well (but not more than it should do in pregnancy) and also combined stretches and toning exercises. However, if poor sound on a dvd drives you nuts and you hate aerobics as a form of exercising you're probably best off avoiding it.

21 Grams [DVD] [2004]
21 Grams [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Sean Penn
Offered by gowingsstoreltd
Price: 2.75

4.0 out of 5 stars watchable but bleak, 27 Feb 2006
This review is from: 21 Grams [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
This is a confusing story to watch at first as the film skips forward and back through time so it's hard to work out what's going on initially. However, the inter-connecting lives of the main characters gradually unravel to reveal a more fluid storyline. The main themes revolve around death, grief, bereavement and justice. Despite this it is a good, watchable film and although I was left feeling a little drained by the end I did find it enjoyable. I'm afraid I'm not going to say what happens in the plot as the film relies on you working bits out as you go along and I don't want to ruin it for you!

Page: 1 | 2