ARRAY(0xa5e6eec4)

Profile for Margaret Rice-Oxley > Reviews

Content by Margaret Rice-...

Margaret Rice-Oxley (Battle, East Sussex United Kingdom)

Douwe Egberts Senseo Medium Roast Coffee 18 Pads (Pack of 5, Total 90 Pads)
Douwe Egberts Senseo Medium Roast Coffee 18 Pads (Pack of 5, Total 90 Pads)
Price: 14.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 30 May 2013
I have found the ones sent by post recently to taste old even though they were sealed and in date. We have taken to putting two pods in for one cup of coffee. I don't think it is the machine as I have done the descaling regime. I love the froth but not convinced by quality of coffee.
I will get one more batch on a regular basis before trying supermarket to see if it tastes better.

Disney Princess Wonderful Seasons Activity Book with Stickers
Disney Princess Wonderful Seasons Activity Book with Stickers

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good activityto do with granny!, 11 April 2013
Just done most of this with my grandaughter of 5.5 years. Besides all the drawing, the quizzes are educational. We have loved doing it .Her favourite bit was working out the seasons from the descriptions and Aurora's maze.

Aeron Task Chair
Aeron Task Chair
Offered by Wellworking
Price: 898.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Aeron Task Chair (Office Product)
I am not sure I would have ordered such an expensive chair without the strong recommendation of a family member who already has one. It has been an ideal present for my husband who is now on his 3rd unpublished novel in his study. He seems able to sit at his computer for hours comfortably writing. It took a long time coming but it was delivered by the team who make them and he was set up in it and the shape altered for his individual needs. He loves it. He is tall and previously had back pain. Brilliant chair and the novel is very funny too!

Dazzling Dresses (Disney Princess) (Reusable Sticker Book)
Dazzling Dresses (Disney Princess) (Reusable Sticker Book)
by Random House Disney
Price: 4.24

1.0 out of 5 stars Stickers curl and not very reusable, 17 Mar 2013
When reordering sticker books my 5 year old granchild reminded me that this book was awful and all the reusable stickers curl and are difficult to reuse.

Coal Tongs - Black - 350
Coal Tongs - Black - 350
Offered by One Click Wonder
Price: 9.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to manipulate, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Coal Tongs - Black - 350
I agree with other reviews. Easy to use with even small coal pieces and modest size logs. They seem sturdy so far!

Bellows - Dark Brown - 480
Bellows - Dark Brown - 480
Offered by Topnotchsales
Price: 22.48

5.0 out of 5 stars small but effective, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Bellows - Dark Brown - 480
We have had bellows before that were not much better than blowing on the fire. I was worried that they looked rather small but so far they have been brilliant and I hope they last.

Death of a Man
Death of a Man
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This book should be compulsory reading for neurologists !, 19 Oct 2012
This review is from: Death of a Man (Kindle Edition)
I read this book because I had looked after people with neurodegenerative conditions prior to my retirement. I was a Consultant in Neurological rehabilitation. I have never before read a book in one sitting. It is so well written, and so moving that I could not move from my chair until I had finished it. The honesty of the author describing her own feelings will resonate with anyone who has found themselves turning into a carer. The descriptions of consultations with expert London neurologists is breathtakingly painful for all of us who work in this field. Without ranting, the author shows us what it was like with descriptions of events documented in her diary. There is no sign of joined up, seamless multidisciplinary team working. I could have called my review "The Episode of the Bedlever" or "Danny Boy". I don't want to spoil the impact by saying too much. Anyone involved in training neurologists and rehabilitation physicians, and community teams should urge them to read this short book. They will be better doctors and health professionals for doing so.

2012 Powakaddy Trolley Travel Cover / Freeway Bag Brand New
2012 Powakaddy Trolley Travel Cover / Freeway Bag Brand New

3.0 out of 5 stars Zip pulls came off within a week!, 17 April 2012
Very useful idea but it is very irritating that the zip pulls came off one side on both bags we bought.
However, on the plus side, the straps really do help protect one's back getting it in the car.
Takes me an extra 5 mins getting organised bot car boot staying a lot cleaner!

Finding the Words: A Publishing Life
Finding the Words: A Publishing Life
by Jon Wynne - Tyson
Price: 19.67

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating life of a publisher of books noone reads!, 27 Nov 2005
I have not read any of the books published by the author of Centaur Press, but found Mr Jon Wynne-Tyson's autobiography of life as a small independent publisher compelling reading.
He does not start logically in childhood, but with his first and disastrous marriage:"As I emerged from the Heath Street florists that day, carrying a bunch of red roses, there was a sudden snowstorm. Omens are less helpful in retrospect"
The author is soon crossing the atlantic in the less than satisfactory planes of the early 1960's and trying to persuade his American associates at Secker and Warburg why they should keep to a concept of sensible growth. He was clearly ahead of his time as Schumacher's "Small is Beautiful" was still 14 years away.
Eventually, we are told about his eccentric mother, a famous actress in her day and her even more eccentric friendship with Noel Coward. (They had considered a platonic marriage!)
There are hilarious stories dotted around about various famous people. I loved the saga of extracting a promised Forward from Stephen Potter.
The story of how the publisher became "King of Redonda" and the seriousness with which he has set about finding a suitable successor for himself belongs to a different world.
The whole thrust of his publishing life is to publish rather obscure books in small publishing runs.
I am sure the author does not approve of those of us who buy our books from Amazon!