Profile for R. Helm > Reviews

Teangi Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Cream - 3 Pack
Offered by Activecare Online
Price: 9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 3 Dec 2013
So pleased to have discovered this cream. We had an infestation of fleas and our 16 month old was covered in bites. She was scratching herself raw and I wanted something to ease it for her.
I bought some of this cream and she stopped scratching pretty much immediately. It's also done wonders to help heal the bites. The fresher ones are barely noticeable and the older ones that were angry and raw have calmed right down and are well on the way to healing.
I'm so glad I found this. It smells lovely and rubs in easily. And it's natural! Love it!

The Littlest Bear
The Littlest Bear
by Gillian Shields
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 6 April 2012
This review is from: The Littlest Bear (Paperback)
I bought this book to read to my bump and will continue to do so once she is born. The illustrations are really lovely, I love looking at them! The story is very sweet and a lovely tale about friendship and overcoming fear and prejudices. Highly recommended!

Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner
Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner
by Aneeta Patel
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars My absolute favourite knitting book!!!, 18 Nov 2008
I love this book! I vaguely remember knitting when I was small but like many had forgotten how. The pictures are all really clear and the accompanying text is plainly written, making it all nice and easy to follow. Its also written for an English audience, so no need to translate needle sizes or yarn type from US.

I love the projects in this book, they all look fun to make, the patterns themselves are explained really well (especially all of the abbreviations) and most importantly it all looks really achievable. I hate looking through a so called 'beginners' book and feeling like I would be out of my depth knitting half of what is in it.

The author also encourages creativity which is great, I feel like I've made something I really like rather than just following a very specific pattern which can only be knitted with 'X' yarn.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2013 5:19 PM GMT