Profile for US Transplant > Reviews

Content by US Transplant

US Transplant "wanderlust_gen"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Aisen Foldable 6-Tier Shirt Hanger - Over Door Hook - Durable Frame - Premium Quality & Very Practical - 100% Guarantee!
Offered by Heritage Home and Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars it's really easy to unhook it from the kitchen door and hang ..., 1 Jun. 2015
We have a constant rotation of laundry in our house, with two adults working full time, one 9 year-old, and one 18 month-old. This thing helps us keep my husband's work shirts organized and near the ironing board, once they're done drying. If we need to hide the shirts away in a hurry, it's really easy to unhook it from the kitchen door and hang it up in the bedroom closet, shirts and all, instead.

Maybe the only downside is it can be a bit fiddly to get the shirts on, one after the other.

Lakeland Easy Load Washing & Laundry Basket 50 Litre
Lakeland Easy Load Washing & Laundry Basket 50 Litre
Offered by Lakeland

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 April 2015
Fantastic. Just what we needed. Big enough to hold an entire load of washing, and easy to carry.

gNappies soft cotton gPants, Gulfstream Green - Medium
gNappies soft cotton gPants, Gulfstream Green - Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a learning curve, but a nice nappy, 10 April 2015
Really happy with this nappy. It takes some getting used to, putting it on my baby - I'm more familiar with nappies that fasten at the front, and these fasten at the back. Once it's on, it's really slim and fits nicely under regular baby clothes. The elastics on the legs are soft - more like the cuffs on joggers than the elastic you find on most nappy wraps. The gPant outer is a nice, soft cotton. The snap-in waterproof pouch inside contains a lot; I've yet to experience a leak with a wet nappy, and if my daughter has a dirty nappy, I can usually just unsnap the pouch, take care of the mess, and re-use the pant. I'd recommend watching gNappies' demo videos on their website - they will advise how to get a good fit with these, as it's slightly different, compared to disposable nappies.

I've used both the gCloth inserts and the gNappies disposable inserts in this nappy with my daughter - both have been excellent so far for absorbency during the day. I am thinking of taking the disposable inserts with us on holiday this summer, so my daughter can run around in a nappy that she can't take off. I've yet to try either type of insert overnight. The cloth insert is a cotton/hemp blend with fleece sewn on top, but I imagine it would need at least one booster to last through the night. I wouldn't use the disposable inserts every day - they're expensive, and the wet inserts aren't allowed in my green caddy - but they seem fine enough for occasional use.

It will take much longer to change your baby if you use just this one nappy and a few inserts. It's easier to have two - one on baby, and one made up and ready to go. That way, you can change baby quickly into the fresh nappy, put baby in a safe place, and then take care of the wet/dirty insert.

PattyBoutik Women's Cowl Neck Ruched Sides Jumper (Dark Green 14)
PattyBoutik Women's Cowl Neck Ruched Sides Jumper (Dark Green 14)
Offered by PattyBoutikUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very flattering top for tall, curvy lady., 10 April 2015
Fantastic sweater. I'm 5'9" and just shy of 13 stone, with a post-baby hourglass figure. I ordered a Large, and it fits perfectly. This sweater is so flattering. It conforms to my figure nicely, but the ruching hides my mum tum/winter reserve. The sleeves are just the right length - they end just past my wrists - which is not always easy to find, being tall and long-armed. If you are short, you might find the length of the sleeves a bit annoying. The top can be pulled down over my bum, so I could probably wear it with leggings if I wanted to. If I ordered an XL, I would definitely have enough length in the body to wear it over leggings. The material has a nice weight to it. It's nice enough to wear to work with trousers.

The cowl is sits a touch higher on my chest than it does on the model's, but it still looks really nice, and I think that has more to do with my own dimensions vs the model's (she appears to be very thin).

I have yet to wash it, so will update with whether it survives the washing machine. The instructions say to wash on 30C and line dry, so will be doing that.

I found this retailer during a random search for a cowl neck top on Amazon - so glad I did. If the sweater washes well, PattyBoutik will be getting a lot more orders from me!

Dr. Bronners Bar Almond 5oz. Soap
Dr. Bronners Bar Almond 5oz. Soap
Offered by 123 DIRECT LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sensitive skin, 31 Mar. 2015
Got this at my husband's request. He has sensitive skin and sometimes breaks out in red bumps when he uses a body wash or shampoo. But his skin is very comfortable with this, and it's keeping him clean. Smells nice too - like cookies. :)

Andrea Grace's Gentle Sleep Solutions: Teach Yourself
Andrea Grace's Gentle Sleep Solutions: Teach Yourself
by Andrea Grace

1.0 out of 5 stars No use if your baby regresses., 31 Mar. 2015
This was the first of many sleep-training books I picked up, looking for something to try besides "cry it out". I tried following the gradual retreat method laid out in the book when my daughter was about 7-8 months old. We made progress for about a week or so, then regressed. When I looked further into the book to see what solution there might be to this regression, the author helpfully pointed out that the regression took place because I must have done something wrong implementing her method. End of.

This all sounds good on paper when you are not sleep-deprived, and it even may sound logical if you've yet to raise an overtired infant. But when you've spent several months getting about 4 hours of sleep a night (on a good night), and then use what little brain power you have left to study and memorize a book's sleep-training method word-for-word, and then read after implementing said method that things went wrong because you must be incompetent somehow ... well, it stings. And telling a reader, "It went wrong because you did it wrong," renders your advice absolutely useless. No method is watertight.

For those interested, time is what has helped my daughter learn to sleep. Some babies get the hang of it sooner than others. Mine was one of the others. And there was nothing I could do to speed it along, no matter how many books I read, or methods I tried (including a disaster of a night attempting Cry It Out). There was always something that got in the way of her sleeping through: reflux, teething, separation anxiety, a cold, a stomach bug, a growth spurt. The most progress we made came from trying Dr Jay Gordon's night weaning technique, which is available to read on his website for free. And we only made progress with that method when my daughter was about 15 months old, and finally calming down with separation anxiety at bedtime.

What I should have done, looking back, was take up my in-laws' several offers to help while I was on maternity leave and catch up on sleep. But now I know for the next baby. ;-)

Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind
Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy for travel, annoying to put up and take down every day, 31 Mar. 2015
Handy to have when travelling, and was a good option for us at a time when we weren't prepared to install a new blind or blackout curtain in baby's room. It is annoying to put up every night and take down every morning, though. Also has limited use if your baby - like mine - prefers to hang out in your room and in your bed from about 3 o'clock in the morning, and wake you up to watch the sun come up an hour later. I suppose you could buy two to remedy this situation, but then you'd have two sets of suction cups to put up and take down every day.

Safety 1st Swivel Bath Seat (Pink)
Safety 1st Swivel Bath Seat (Pink)

2.0 out of 5 stars Used for less than a month, 31 Mar. 2015
I got this for my daughter because she was getting too big for the inclined baby bath seat, but she was not so good at sitting up that she could do so easily on a bath mat in the tub. However, it turns out a lot of babies make quick work of learning to sit up, and so did ours. We used this for less than a month. It was a waste of money for us.

That said, if your baby has gotten too big for an inclined bath seat (or is perhaps trying to roll out of it lately), but will take a while to master sitting up on their own, then this product may well meet your needs.

Ultra Tide Original Regular Powder 20 oz 595g
Ultra Tide Original Regular Powder 20 oz 595g

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but not so fantastic that it's worth the price, 31 Mar. 2015
I bought this on a whim, feeling homesick and looking for the perfect detergent to wash cloth nappies with. It works very well, does the job just fine, but the import price doesn't make it value for money. I can get the same results using store-brand bio detergent and store-brand Vanish. Or even a box of name-brand bio and name-brand Vanish. For £8 (which is what I paid at the time), the box of Tide that you get is very small. I managed to get through it all within a couple of weeks using 100 mL measures. The box doesn't come with its own scoop, and the measuring instructions only say to use "Line 1, Line 2," or "Line 3" depending on how soiled the load is, with no mL or oz./cup equivalent. I had to make an educated guess for measures based on what my last box of European detergent recommended.

It's also good to keep in mind that this particular version of Tide, while it worked fine in my machine, is technically formulated to work in North American top-loaders, and not in the HE machines that are standard in British households. Tide makes a separate HE formula detergent, and this is not what is being currently sold here.

Jo 4mm Pink Cubic Zirconia Star Sterling Silver Stud Earrings
Jo 4mm Pink Cubic Zirconia Star Sterling Silver Stud Earrings

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a girl's first earrings, 25 Feb. 2015
My 9 year-old stepdaughter got her ears pierced for her birthday. We bought her these as a birthday present. She loves them, and is keen to wear them once her piercings heal. They are totally appropriate for young girls: sparkly, classy, and they look easy to put in. Would definitely buy from this jeweler again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3