Profile for C. Ashcroft > Reviews

Content by C. Ashcroft

C. Ashcroft "Ashman" (London)

Earphones with Remote & Mic
Earphones with Remote & Mic
Offered by Tongup
Price: 1.12

5.0 out of 5 stars It is exactly what it claims to be, 15 July 2010
It is exactly what it claims to be. It is a pair of apple earphones that work perfectly with a fourth generation ipod nano (what I have). The people who claim that the sound quality is bad are the people who claim that they can tell the difference between all the types of ear phones. I can hear it perfectly, I don't listen to garage music or anything techno. I listen to regular music, ranging from AC/DC to Pavarotti, and these headphones suit me absolutely fine. If these wear out in ten months like the original ones did, I will just mosey on down here and buy another pair.

Western Digital - Ultra Portable - My Passport Essential 320GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Mine works, 16 Jan 2010
I did not know whether to buy this or not based on the mixed reviews it has received here. But at the end of the day my PC's harddrive was full and I needed something to put my iTunes folder on. I have had this for over a month and I have not had a single problem with it; it does not make any noise, doesn't crash (touch wood), doesn't slow down, and it automatically installed itself as a second hard drive on my computer. If other people have had problems with it then I feel glad I have not had one with mine.

There is one problem with it. The USB cable is short, MEGA short, like maybe a foot and a half. As a result the drive sits neatly on top of my Tower, but then again, where else was I going to put it? I like this device, I like it so much I am thinking of buying another to back up my iTunes folder on to. It's a nice machine and it works.

Ambigram Leather Journal (Guided Journals Series)
Ambigram Leather Journal (Guided Journals Series)
by John Langdon
Edition: Leather Bound

5.0 out of 5 stars So nice, I just bought another one, 10 July 2008
Unlike the reviewer above I have bought one, actually two.
The lines on the pages are nicely spaced and the quality of the paper itself is very, very good.

The front cover design is very nice to look at, and you can actually trace it with your fingers (I know, I'm easily satisfied). There are no markings on the spine but as there are very few other books which look and feel exactly like it along the spine it is unlikely you'll get the book confused with another.

There is only one peice of paper in the whole book that you cannot write on and that is the page which has the copyright information on it. Every single other page can be written on and the paper is thick enough that you don't have to worry about the writing coming through on to the next page, unless you're very heavy-handed with a biro!

I've just bought another one for when I go travelling in a few months time, which is another good thing about this book. It's very sturdy, I can't help but think that the leathy could be attached a little better to the book itself, specifically where the front and back covers meet the spine, but the structure of the book means it can probably take a bit of a beating and not show any damage. If you want something to write your thoughts down in and at the same time looks quite nice and encourages you to actually take the necessary time when writing your thoughts down, then I definitely recommend this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2009 10:26 PM GMT