Profile for Nik Clark > Reviews

South Park: The Stick of Truth (Uncensored) [Online Game Code]
South Park: The Stick of Truth (Uncensored) [Online Game Code]
Price: 22.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Lefties beware, 28 May 2014
The controls can't be remapped, so you will be playing with WASD-SPACE-CTRL like a right-handed person.

If I'd have known this, I wouldn't have bought the game. It makes my hand hurt twisting into the shape needed to control the character.

I feel this game excludes left-handed people.

Canon 50mm f/1.8 Ef Lens (Mk11)
Canon 50mm f/1.8 Ef Lens (Mk11)
Offered by Cameramarket UK
Price: 99.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this lens, 10 April 2014
This is probably the best lens for the money. I own more expensive lenses, but I keep coming back to this one. It takes very nice pictures, with great DOF.

IR Wireless Remote Control for Canon EOS 500D/550D RC-6
IR Wireless Remote Control for Canon EOS 500D/550D RC-6
Offered by iTekLife Global
Price: 4.69

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, 10 April 2014
No thrills, and works as advertised. It does pretty much what I expected it to, and is cheaper than an official version.

Holga Lens for Canon EOS 7D 100D 700D 650D 600D 550D 500D 450D 400D 350D 1100D 1000D Rebel T5i T4i T3i T3 T2i T1i XSi XTi XT Black
Offered by Gadget Career
Price: 12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, and pretty awful, 10 April 2014
It's worse than I thought it would be, and takes awful pictures. Save yourself the money, unless you are really sure you need this. Do it in post.

Spigen Neo Hybrid Case for Galaxy Note 3 - Retail Packaging - Dante Red
Spigen Neo Hybrid Case for Galaxy Note 3 - Retail Packaging - Dante Red
Offered by Spigen UK Store
Price: 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 10 April 2014
I bought this after reading a lot of different case reviews. Here's mine:

Pros:
The case feels fairly solid once it's on the phone
I feel less like it's in danger when dropped
I like the color

Cons:
It's expensive for what you get
The black rubber material is very slippery. I was hoping it would be made of a better material. Because of this, I believe I am more likely to drop the phone.
The red paint is wearing off after three weeks of ownership. This is maddening.
The plastic case it comes in is of a better quality than the phone case itself. I think the price could be halved if they used less expensive packaging.

I would not buy this again, and I will probably never buy from Spigen again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2014 2:19 AM BST

Proporta Aluminium Lined Leather Pouch Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S 2 Galaxy S II with Lifetime warranty
Offered by Proporta
Price: 29.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but would not purchase again., 3 Sep 2011
EDIT: Having used this case for some time, I have now stopped using it. The case has started to fall apart, even though it's been treated fairly gently. However the worst problem is the seam inside the lining. It leaves a line across the screen of the phone which is very difficult to get rid of. Because of this, I can no longer recommend this product.

--- original review ---

Overall, this is a really nice product. Sleek, feels nice, and seems to perform well. It fits easily in my pocket, and doesn't make the phone bulky. I do not regret my purchase at all, I would buy it again, even though it is quite expensive. No other option felt right to me, regarding phone protection.

Pros:
Looks good.
Feels good.
Seems to protect the phone quite well.

Cons:
Expensive for what it is.
The product only has metal lining on one side, which wasn't clear in the description.
There is a seam inside the front which leaves a line of dust on my phone's screen.

Unknown:
How long the stitching will last.
How long the tab will stay glued in.