Profile for Mr. J. Long > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. Long

Mr. J. Long (Bucks. UK.)

Page: 1 | 2
Seagate 750GB Momentus XT Serial 2.5 inch 7200 RPM 32MB 6GB/S SATA Solid State Hybrid Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Drive, 18 Sep 2013
This drive combines the best of both types. Larger capacity than SSD's but almost as quick. I have fitted two of them now both into Hewlett packard Imedia desktops which only have one drive capacity. Both machines, with 3gb ram, get great results on boot up speed. Typically Win7-64 is usable in 25-30 seconds instead of 1.5min or more with the original drive. Programme operating speeds are also much faster.
In case you are wondering? I connected the new drive to the DVD cable and used Paragon HD manager 12 Suite, to migrate everything across. Unlike SSD's there is no need to disable windows pre-fetch or indexing functions.
Luckily there is an area of the Imedia casing with holes so it was easy to fix the drive in the case without the need for a 3.5 to 2.5 conversion bracket.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean shaven again, 28 July 2013
Expensive at over half the price of the shaver but it arrived promptly and was fitted in seconds but has revitalized my shaver.

Sony CMUBR100 Skype Camera for Bravia TV
Sony CMUBR100 Skype Camera for Bravia TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 29 Dec 2012
The camera works well and has impressed most of my friends who call up on Skype when I'm on the TV. The wide angle of vision allows 4/5 people to be in the room viewing and talking. It picks up the sound well and according to the callers is very clear to listen to and has great visual properties. The only downside is that there is not enough mention of this when you buy the Sony TV and hours are wasted before you realise that a PC type USB webcam won't work and you have to spend a lot of money on this. But having said that, it is worth it.

iPhone 5 Screen Protector Guard / Film / Cover / Case 6-in-1 Pack
iPhone 5 Screen Protector Guard / Film / Cover / Case 6-in-1 Pack
Offered by ClickJunkie

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Yet, 29 Dec 2012
These screen protectors are the best Ive used on any model of Iphone yet. I.m still on the first one since beginning of Nov '12. They fit well and the edges are kept firmly in place if you use the Smoke Bendy Gel Case Cover Skin.

Apple iPhone 5 Pack - SMOKE Bendy Gel Case Cover Skin, G-HUB Desk-Lounger, & Screen Protector for New 2012 iPhone 5
Offered by OGADGETHUB

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Products, 29 Dec 2012
Fits the Iphone 5 perfectly and is virtually invisible on the black model. The front edge overlap is not too big but enough to clamp the edges of a screen protector in place. The Desk stand included is the neatest little Iphone stand i've seen. It is easy to fold up/down and fits in a pocket for travel use.

OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler
OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever, 29 Dec 2012
I had one of these for years but it broke just before Christmas with all the dinners etc coming up. But the replacement arrived in plenty of time. It is the easiest peeler to use, the thickness of peel is good and it is effortless to use. Beware though it is very sharp, I recommend you put the blade gaurd on when not using it, picking it up without it can be painful.

Triple (3 X) 180M 180 meters Home Remote Wireless Doorbell Door Bell Chime-UK Plug in type

5.0 out of 5 stars Great PBell, 29 Dec 2012
Simplicity itself, just umpack, plugin, put battery in Bell Push and stick where uyou want it. Bells work perfectly every time anywhere in the house/extension.

Andrew James 4 Day / Meal Automatic Pet Feeder / Bowl with voice recorder Includes 2 Volume Reducers + 1 Adapter Tray
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Andrew James Pet Feeder, 7 Dec 2012
We bought two feeders because we have 2 cats and wanted to make sure they have suffiecient food if we have to leave them. So far they have worked well but are a bit fiddly to set up. It would be easier if the display was larger.
The biggest problem we had was setting the timer to 24 hours **.
Trying to set the Feeder on 12 hour clock is problematic, due to the small size of display it is easy to mix up AM & PM setting and Pussies don't get fed.
Luckily we tested them out for a few days before leaving the Cats alone.

Once on 24 hour** setting you can't go wrong. We use it daily so the cats are used to it. It works well apart from the recording that dissapeared after a few days but the Cats don't need that anyway and both feeders are still on their first set of batteries after 7 days.

** After switching on, Clock reads 12.01 - Press set, HOURS flash - Press Set again, MINUTES flash, Press set again, BOTH flash - Press MODE, clock stops flashing and reads 12.01 again BUT is now on 24 hour. Continue Setting up as per instructions. If you switch them off/change batteries, you have to set up from scratch again.

Linksys 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Linksys 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Forgot I had it until asked to review it, 15 Sep 2012
Great product. I upgraded from a Linksys 10/100 switch, which had beeen in the loft for years. One day I suddenly realised that I was getting 100mbs connection (Virgin media fibre optics) but between computers and the bakup the connection was crawling. I fitted the new switch, had lots of positive comments about speed increase and forgot about it until now.

Great value product from a great manufacturer. Fit in seconds and forget.

Netgear Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
Netgear Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 15 Sep 2012
I bought this mainly because of the reviews and because I wanted to extend the wireless range of my Virgin Superhub (made by Netgear). It was easy to set up. I initially set it up using my Iphone and entering the details. I have since reset it and connected it to my Virgin media Superhub using the using the WPS button. I recommend reading the Instructions twice before powering up. It did take a few moves before I got it positioned to my liking but the signal is now strong in all the areas that I needed to boost it in. The best bit of advice I read ' Wireless Signals from a hub are like a fountain'. I got the best coverage (up and down) by positioning the unit on the first floor rather than the ground floor.

The only drawback I have seen is; You have to set up your wireless devices (if you move them around) to log on automatically to both the 'origonal Hub' and exteded Hub named 'origonal Hub_EXT'. For obvious reasons, the extender must be within wireless range of your origonal Hub. This means that on returning to your house/office your wireless device can log on to either depending on which 'zone' you enter into first. Because both 'zones' overlap, this leads to the wireless device not logging off the weaker and onto the stronger signal as you move zones. In my case it affects mainly Mobile Phones and the occasional laptop.

It is only a VERY MINOR drawback which requires a simple manual overide but one that you should be aware of. It may be there is a way of setting the devices up to counteract this, possibly someone cleverer than me knows how.

In summary, the product works very well. I have only experienced a drop of signal once and that was restored in less than 2 minutes by simply switching the unit off and on again. The Instructions are not the clearest, so reading them in conjunction with the reviews is invaluable.

Page: 1 | 2