Profile for YorkshireGuy > Reviews

Content by YorkshireGuy

YorkshireGuy

Russian Connection: A People Trafficker Novel (Trafficker series featuring Karen Marshall Book 7)

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh Mr Hoare! What's happened, 9 April 2014
Couldn't believe my luck when I saw that another book in the Karen Marshall series had become available. Jumping at the chance I bought it - wondering where Keith might be taking on in the dark, seedy world of people trafficking and the fates that have befallen the gorgeous Karen Marshall.
Eagerly reading - to see what was in store for our favourite damsel in distress - I was bitterly disappointed! Mr Hoare... what's happened? Where's the juicy, explicit depictions as Karen and other victims fall prey to the dark characters of the criminal underworld.
Don't get me wrong... it's still a good story - and if this had been the first in the Karen Marshall series, I'd still go on to buy the others. BUT.... coming as book number 5 or 6... it's going downhill Keith. Please up the stakes - and make The Italian Connection a book where the pretty victims' fate is darker and deeper - and definitely more frequent!!!
Sorry Mr Hoare - hope it's constructive criticism.
Looking forward eagerly to the next - and more.

DAILY MIRROR
DAILY MIRROR

3.0 out of 5 stars It downloads....... daily.......eventually, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: DAILY MIRROR (App)
Great graphic and hey - it's free, so how can I complain! BUT it does take soooooo long to download the daily version. Several minutes anyway

HUSH
HUSH

5.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing but dramatic, compelling read, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: HUSH (Kindle Edition)
The story was so easy to read it was like watching a film. Very harrowing - yet sadly a glimpse of what life must be like for poor kids trapped like this one. Quite graphic and detailed in parts.

Frogger
Frogger

2.0 out of 5 stars Grrrrrrr... frustrating!!!!, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Frogger (App)
I LOVED this retro 80's classic - and played it for hours. I was delighted to see it appear as a tablet app' and paid to download it. It's look great and seems to have a nice funky joystick graphic. BUT the darn joystick doesn't work most of the time..... and ruins the game!!! Everything is geared towards FORWARD... I wanna go left.. so hit 'left' arrow on the joystick - BANG! the frog jumps forward and I'm dead. I wanna go right by a few hops. I hit 'right' on the joystick and the frog goes.. right - right - FORWARD (dead!) It's SO FRUSTRATING. Think I'll give this up as 63p wasted and stick to my 1980's memories!

Nigerian Connection: A People Trafficker Novel (Trafficker series featuring Karen Marshall Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational, 29 Jan 2014
After stumbling across The People Traders, I became an instant Keith Hoare fan. I soon collected all his books - but especially became a addict to the Karen Marshall series.
After a lull, I'd assumed that Mr Hoare's fun with Karen Marshall had ended. And so.. I couldn't believe my luck when Nigerian Connection popped onto my Kindle store suggestion list.
Wow! If you thought the earlier book were exciting - read this one! It'll blow your socks off. I couldn't put it down. Very, very rewarding reading.
Thank you Keith Hoare.
Now...... PLEASE start penning the next! Thank you.