Profile for Mr. J. Birkett > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. Birkett

Mr. J. Birkett "Birkett" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens
Offered by spot sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful lens, 10 Nov 2014
Really love this lens, It captures beautiful pictures and video footage, the only issues are that when recording you need to use an external mic as the lens makes a lot of noise when zooming. Also, focusing can often lag when turning the ring. These are no reasons for not getting the lens entirely as it is a great bit of kit.

Banned Skull and Rose Leggings
Banned Skull and Rose Leggings
Offered by PopArtUK

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so sturdy, 10 Nov 2014
Bought them for my girlfriend as she wanted a pair, they have a very soft feel and look cool but they ripped within a couple of months. Shame really, we both really liked them.

Max Payne 3 (PS3)
Max Payne 3 (PS3)
Offered by Shop Radiance

4.0 out of 5 stars A good one time deal, 10 Nov 2014
This review is from: Max Payne 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
It's by no means Rockstar's best piece of work, hence why it's so cheap now but if you enjoyed the other Max Payne games then you will have a laugh. I guess the bullet time novelty is the only thing that sold it to me, the story just didn't grip me.

BPS TWIN PACK (X2) High Power Replacement LP-E8 LPE8 LP E8 Battery 2500mAh for Canon EOS 700D,EOS 650D,EOS 600D, Rebel T2i T3i T4i T5i, Kiss X4 X5 X6i X7i Digital Cameras
Offered by bpsltduk

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bit of extra juice!, 10 Nov 2014
They do the job, I must say that they aren't quite as long lasting as my original Canon batteries, however they are a great backup, I wouldn't get shot of them, worth it if you really need extra juice for when you're out and about! I'm not dissing these things, they have helped me out. Here is a film I made using power from them, lasted me a whole weekend! http://youtu.be/O0PwF9A3sUA

ARTURIA MicroBrute Analogue Synthesiser
ARTURIA MicroBrute Analogue Synthesiser

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome value for money!, 10 Nov 2014
Keys feel a little bit crummy after looking at the Minibrute however you do have the mod matrix to make up for it. There are so many options to do different things on this synth, for the price you simply cannot go wrong!

I love this synth, I have hooked it up to my Korg Volca beats and it syncs perfectly! Don't worry about the fact you can't make drums on it, that's what a drum machine is for, you'll regret getting a monotribe when you realise how limited you are in comparison. Master this, then master a drum machine, way more worth it and you'll save money from wasting it on a synth/drum machine compromise.

9V Original Lavolta Charger AC Adapter for Korg Volca Syth Bass, Beats Rhythm, Keys Loop Synthesizer Power Supply PSU
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Volca Beats!, 10 Nov 2014
Just the thing I needed!

Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD]
Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch it, love it, watch it again, wait for Better call Saul!, 10 Nov 2014
Easily the best television show I have ever watched. Brilliantly made, very tense and never dull! I come from the UK and can honestly say I never watch TV dramas and I cannot stand US television...yet I love Breaking Bad more than any other TV show. Wow.

Sanlise(TM) Waterproof Camera Case DSLR SLR Camera Casual Bag For Canon EOS 600D 60D 550D 7D 500D 1100D
Offered by Ghope Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!!!, 10 Nov 2014
Brilliant, nice and sturdy! Great for my Canon 600D, 2 lenses, and 2 batteries + :D

Atdoshop(TM) 1 PCFashion Stand Leather Case Cover for ipad mini 2 Retina (White)
Offered by atdoshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 10 Nov 2014
Does the job! Postage took a long time though, even if it was within the agreed deadline, not something to buy last minute!

Korg Volca-Beats Machine Analog Rhythm Drum Synthesizer
Korg Volca-Beats Machine Analog Rhythm Drum Synthesizer

5.0 out of 5 stars A great drum machine for beginners!, 10 Nov 2014
A great drum machine for beginners! I needed a drum machine for my Arturia Microbrute and this is perfect! It's very easy to master in a night or two of playing around on it. The sounds are great for the price although you do get what you pay for. This is no means a bad thing, if you are considering this drum machine I doubt you are going to be disappointed with the sounds, they are brilliant classic analog kit sounds!

If you buy a power adaptor then you don't need to put batteries in it (duh!) although it's cool that batteries are included. A handy addition! (Charger is supplied separately).

If like me you wish to hook it up to an Arturia Microbrute or even a Minibrute... using the 1/8 male to male jack (Supplied with the Volca Beats), hook the gate out socket (On the brute) to the sync in socket (on the Volca beats). Do it the other way round it it becomes very boring indeed.

I digress, a great drum machine for somebody who is getting into synths or wants something to take around when travelling!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4