Profile for Mrs. I. J. Collins > Reviews

Content by Mrs. I. J. Collins

Mrs. I. J. Collins

ESPRIT Collection Women's 105EO1F018 Silky Crepe Long Sleeve Blouse, Off-White, Size 16 (Manufacturer Size:42)

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Basic, 4 Jan. 2016
Good basic blouse. Goes well with many outfits & is essential to have when your only other white silk blouse falls to bits from over wearing

The Cancer Breakthrough
The Cancer Breakthrough
by Steve Hickey

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, important book for patients, carers, medics and other healthcare practitioners, 20 Sept. 2014
I bought this for someone close to me who has since recovered. It was a useful read, very informative.

Patch Adams [DVD] [1999]
Patch Adams [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Robin Williams
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars ... have had the privilege of studying the phenomenon of happiness and laughter as the best medicine with the great ..., 20 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Patch Adams [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
I have had the privilege of studying the phenomenon of happiness and laughter as the best medicine with the great Patch Adams himself. What a shame that he did not benefit financially from this biopic as his hospital, the Gesundheit! Institute, could have used the funds. The gifted and sadly missed late actor, Robin Williams, although not being Patch's imposing 6ft 7ins tall, had his voice almost exactly and gave a wonderful and moving performance.

What Dreams May Come [DVD]
What Dreams May Come [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robin Williams
Offered by joe4books

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredibly intelligent and beautiful film, well written and superbly acted., 20 Sept. 2014
This review is from: What Dreams May Come [DVD] (DVD)
An amazing film so rich in layers of meaning that either I had to own a copy or take up residence at whatever cinema was showing it at the time. I chose the first option! It is a beautiful portrayal of grief and the continuation of the soul into the Spirit World. It also weaves a marvellous tapestry of family relationships, the bonds of love, how we only see people the way we think they are, and how people present themselves how they think we want to see them. Excellent performances of a superbly intelligent and sensitively written screenplay by a perfect cast of actors
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2014 4:27 PM BST

The Encyclopedia of World Mythology
The Encyclopedia of World Mythology
by Arthur Cotterell

5.0 out of 5 stars I started to read a copy of this in my ..., 20 Sept. 2014
I started to read a copy of this in my dentist's waiting room and I found it so interesting that as soon as I came home I ordered my own copy. Concise and well researched, it presents the rich narratives of the mythologies of various countries and cultures. Fascinating and informative, it refreshes my memory of the myths I knew and introduces me to those I didn't.

Soulmates with Paws, Hooves, and Wings: My Favorite Love Stories: Volume 1
Soulmates with Paws, Hooves, and Wings: My Favorite Love Stories: Volume 1
by Amelia Kinkade

5.0 out of 5 stars Treasured relationships with special animals who touch our souls with love., 15 April 2013
"Soulmates" is as beautifully written by Amelia Kinkade as all her books are. She has immense compassion for her animal friends and this book is a tribute to her special friend Mr Jones, the Maine Coon cat whose personality was even more massive than his physical presence, and who can claim responsibility for influencing and enticing so many of us to learn from Amelia how to communicate with his own species and the other living creatures with whom we share this planet.

Selflessly, Amelia invited some of her friends to contribute stories about our own special animal companions. These chapters contain some heart-searingly tender accounts of shared love, memories of how our animals enriched our lives and taught us so much about themselves and also about ourselves.

The privilege afforded to humans when we still our minds enough to be open to receive what someone from another species has to tell us is great, the experiences are profound and at times life changing. "Soulmates" inspires and brings comfort to those who seek to reach out and touch the soul of a very loved pet, who is forever reaching out to their special human friend in the hope that we will be able to hear what they have to teach us. Amelia once told me that all the rest of the animal kingdom feel sorry for humans because from their own experience they have come to the conclusion that we are the only animals who are born deaf. By her teaching and by books like this, Amelia is coaxing our animals gradually to change their minds and maybe even revise their opinions of us.

Ingrid Collins
Consultant Psychologist, Registered Spiritual Healer
Author of Year of Spirituality and Eternal Sparrow

Say It A Different Way
Say It A Different Way
by Phil Lowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligence, sensitivity and a unique talent, 14 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Say It A Different Way (Paperback)
Phil Lowe is a brilliant poet, whose awareness of the natural landscapes of our physical and spiritual worlds is powered by intense curiosity, profound appreciation and a vast capacity for unique and original, sometimes challenging, always stimulating perspective on the phenomena he experiences, versus what people would have him believe. His is a very special voice, enriched by an obvious love of beauty.

Bronwen Astor: Her Life and Times
Bronwen Astor: Her Life and Times
by Peter Stanford

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful and reflective narrative., 3 Jan. 2011
This is a well researched and well written book about a woman whose beauty is not just skin deep. Bronwen Astor's intelligence, sensitivity to the spiritual dimension of life, and consequently her compassion and unconditional love for others are described with objectivity and insight in this reflective work. It also places her life in the context of the tragic events in which she and her husband Bill Astor were caught and wrongly judged in the now-too-familiar phenomenon of "Trial By Media." If nothing else, this should be a powerful plea for journalists to research their subjects and behave responsibly with a realisation of the potential harm that they can cause, rather than acting like a gang of brainless hooligans in a playground. The hidden agendas which drove the hounding of the principle players in this narrative are interestingly revealed by the author in a manner that would have been even more illuminating and useful at the time of the Profumo Scandal. For instance: the Prime Minister Harold Macmillan's dislike of Lord Astor subsequent to his divorce of his second wife, Macmillan's close relative.

Bronwen Astor is a rare, beautiful and spiritual woman and this is reflected accurately in Peter Stanford's biography of her.

Waltzing in Triolet
Waltzing in Triolet
by James P. Lowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming and celebratory, 21 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Waltzing in Triolet (Paperback)
Phil Lowe is a true artist. He has taken an old-established poetry form and made it new again. I loved reading through this book! It is full of love, appreciation and a celebration of the natural world. Mr Lowe is a very talented poet, and through his art takes the reader on a magical and spiritual journey.

The Moon's Complexion
The Moon's Complexion
by Irene Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The Moon's complexion, 7 Jan. 2008
This review is from: The Moon's Complexion (Paperback)
Ms Black has written a fantastically gripping narrative intelligently and with spellbinding skill. All the descriptions of Indian life have a truly authentic feeling and the moral dilemmas that beset the main characters are beautifully constructed and psychologically sound.

I thoroughly recommend this fascinating book.