ARRAY(0xa9655330)

Profile for Woolbothy > Reviews

Content by Woolbothy

Woolbothy "Fencehat" (North Scotland)

SUNNY SAVERS SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE N7000 GT-N7000 BLACK 'S' WAVE GEL / SILICONE / HYBRID CASE COVER SKIN WITH FREE SCREEN PROTECTOR

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish dont buy, 17 Feb 2012
First of all, don't buy because of the free screen saver, they are useless and I threw mine into the bin, your GT-N7000 should not need a screen saver anyway. Its the case I required and this review is all about the case, not the freebie.

The case looks pretty smart and fits the phone snugly, feels good in the hand, and initially impressed. BUT, closer inspection and in use, none of the holes line up correctly and the usb/charger cable wont plug in with the case fitted, so in effect, its junk, landfill.

I cant be bothered returning the case, I just took a knife and cut the usb hole bigger. It now looks ugly but I can now charge the phone.

For value, its worth 50p and 50p for postage 1.00 delivered to the door, that's only if the holes line up. Otherwise its junk value.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2012 10:19 PM BST

Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 16GB Sim Free Mobile Phone - Dark Blue
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 16GB Sim Free Mobile Phone - Dark Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars Revised review downwards, 8 Feb 2012
UPDATE:

I have deleted my original review as things have changed dramatically. The product was very good indeed, not perfect, but highly recommendable. So what's gone wrong? Basically, Samsung have updated the software from Android ver 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) to ver 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Immediately after the update the phone became unstable, or unreliable with many apps causing a force close, the phone would randomly re-boot and on occasions freeze completely requiring the battery to be removed to re-set the device. Prior to the update, the phone was a beauty. Samsung refused point blank to revert the software to its original version. I also found that my device had a faulty chip. Bearing in mind its taken a few shots to get a properly functioning product, and now this, I was left with no other course of action but to refer the matter back to Amazon.

Amazon have been completely understanding, and noted everything I had to say. I must congratulate Amazon for being superbly supportive, but I can NOT recommend the Samsung Galaxy Note to anyone until the manufacturer addresses the software and faulty chip issues.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2012 12:28 AM BST

Samsung Vehicle Dock Kit for Galaxy Note
Samsung Vehicle Dock Kit for Galaxy Note

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 8 Feb 2012
Solid and good looking piece of kit by Samsung made for the Galaxy Note. Holds the phone securely and the lever operated suction pad sticks to the screen like a dyson. Overall much better build and function that generic and cheaper options. This is one where spending a few bob more is worth it.

FoneM8 MHL Cable (microUSB to HDMI) - Black
FoneM8 MHL Cable (microUSB to HDMI) - Black
Offered by Mobitz
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 8 Feb 2012
I use this to connect my Galaxy Note to a 42" Sony Bravia. It works just as well as the more expensive options. Please remember that you MUST connect your charger as per the simple and straight forward instructions that are included. Also remember that the expensive options also require this as well. In operation. Dead simple, the picture and sound quality are always dependant upon the quality of the media being fed in. 1080p movies streamed via wifi from my PC to the Galaxy Note, then fed via HDMI to a large screen TV looks and sounds absolutely gorgeous. I've thrown out my DVD player and I now stream everything via my pc to phone to the telly. Technophobics can relax, set up is easy. an easy 5*

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by DayzHappy
Price: 1.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 8 Feb 2012
I use this to connect my galaxy note to 42" sony bravia. Does the job as well as any of the more expensive products. Fully recommended.

Samsung Galaxy Note | U-bop dGUARD Screen Film | Invisible
Samsung Galaxy Note | U-bop dGUARD Screen Film | Invisible

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete garbage, 7 Feb 2012
This product is over priced and not fit for the purpose. Deeply disappointed. Impossible to apply without getting bubbles, and if you get the tiniest speck of dust on it, it will appear like a rock, and you cannot remove it. Returned for refund.