Profile for ThorfanJim > Reviews

ThorfanJim

Lifeview LV5WEB3 USB Internet Multimedia Station
Lifeview LV5WEB3 USB Internet Multimedia Station

2.0 out of 5 stars A let down, 26 Mar 2012
Like all these so called USB Internet TV gadgets there just a dead loss but the Radio stations it picks up is not bad so in all a bit pricey but still you live and learn

TomTom Start 20 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Sound&Technology
Price: 79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 26 Jan 2012
Clear precise with very nice graphics, I am a HGV Driver so you cannot afford to be stuck in a situation were your entering into uncharted territory without a clue not in this day and age anyway, which has happened to me more times than I can even begin to mention.
I buy this punch in a post code and it takes me there, if fellow truckers have an eye on a Tom Tom be aware they don't know the size of the truck your driving so be wary of roads with weight limits.
I wish these had been around years back....the hassle I could of saved myself!
In all a great investment I highly recommend.

Levv Glass Computer Workstation - Black
Levv Glass Computer Workstation - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The Biz !!!, 10 Jan 2012
Look take no notice of the negative press some reviewers have given this, some people have trouble changing a light bulb, its dead straight forward to put together and it looks boss when it is.
For the price you cannot go wrong sturdy, classy, and very nice on the eye, get yourself one of these before they all go.

Walking a Golden Mile: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)
Walking a Golden Mile: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)
by William Regal

4.0 out of 5 stars Pulls no punches, 9 Oct 2011
I really enjoyed this book it would appeal more to a British wrestling fan as Mr Regal tells about his early days on Holiday camps and small venues around the country.
I thought he was a cracking wrestler and loved watching him as TV Champ with WCW when he used to work over and rough up the Americans with his no nonsense British style.
I have watched many of his Japanese matches and the one he had with Chris Benoit were all his problems with drug addiction to pain killers started.
Unlike meat heads like Billy Graham who just wanted to build muscle mass Regals problems were with pain.
Got to hand it to him he turned his life around and I for one admire him for it.
You should and could of been a world champ William but I am happy your just still with us.
A very enjoyable book by a very underrated Wrestler.

Hitman
Hitman
by Bret Hart
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the very best without a doubt., 25 Aug 2011
This review is from: Hitman (Paperback)
This is a must purchase for any Wrestling fan and the best Autobiography written about the business.
Brett Hart is in my all time top three Wrestlers and one of those you would never have bet against, he brought everything he had to the ring and more.
He covers from his early days in his Fathers company Stampede Wrestling right up to his peak as W W F champion and beyond the insights he gives to the business and the people he worked with in and out of the ring is a real eye opener.
He had every right to be bitter about the Montreal screw job a man of his integrity did not deserve to be stitched up like that and he pulls no punches in his feelings about it.
Well done Brett in this book just like in the ring you gave your all.
I salute you sir!!!

Superstar Billy Graham: Tangled Ropes (WWE)
Superstar Billy Graham: Tangled Ropes (WWE)
by Billy Graham

4.0 out of 5 stars Brutally Honest, 15 Mar 2011
This a truly intriguing read, Billy Graham is without doubt the forerunner of the OTT Wrestling interview the majority of today's Wrestlers owe to him the ability to hook in an audience.
But the Superstars life in which he bares all in this book left me feeling no pity for him as he was the instigator of his own downfall, which he freely admits to himself.
His admission to the use of Steroids and what affect they had on him and others around him is brutally honest and when I finished this book I have to say I didn't like him at all.
I wouldn't spoil it for any one but if your into Wrestling the Superstars life is a well worth read, he does not paint any pretty pictures about the reality of being a professional Wrestler ,so in all I would have to say that this is a very underrated Autobiography.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan (WWE)
Hollywood Hulk Hogan (WWE)
by Hulk Hogan
Price: 5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars A legend in his own mind, 15 Mar 2011
This is not a bad little read maybe it's me but I've no interest in the Hulksters movie side of life this part of the book came across like the Hulkster patting himself on the back.
Hogan helped a great deal to put Wrestling on the map and all Wrestling fans have to thank him for that, I mean his matches were always predictable the ending very nearly always the same but the reason for this is revealed in the later stages of the book.
You done ok with this book Hogan but no two ways about it you could have delivered much better, the book does not cost the earth so it's worth a look.
But over all I have to say a little disappointing.

Wireless Internet USB Adaptor WiFi Dongle For Windows ME/CE/2000/XP/Vista(32-Bit)/Windows 7
Offered by Digiflex
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bizz, 27 Jun 2010
Don't bother trawling for weeks on end looking for a Laptop Dongle, just buy this one it picks up a signal in seconds cannot find a single fault, does the job to a tee.